🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Hall of Essays:Work-book - Archive

gate7ole

Reaction score
'From A Thought,Through The Love, Till The Reality
..................and finally the cruel reality showed its real face.

Why do you think that happened?
Why didn't the Valar and the Firstborn live happily?
I don't really seem to understand the subject. As far as I know, after the return of the exiled Noldor, i.e. after the War of Wrath, the Elves dwelt in Valinor together withthe Valar.
Is the topic of the essay more like:
"Why did the Noldor want to leave Valinor and establish realms of their own?"

Melian

Maia Queen
Reaction score
Yeah, it does sound a bit vaguely but maybe that's the point--you can interpret it as you like.
To me it's more like : "Explore the rocesses that took place from Eru's thought to the cruel reality in the next epochs".Though I think that the middle subject, LOVE, is really a driving force for these processes, what about hatred then? Wasn't it sometimes even more vital for what happened next? Or pride--it's such an essential emotion in the entire prolific wrk of Tolkien? Whatever, I guess, the more interpretations, the better for this undertaking.
And I have a suggestion --I psted it in the other essay thread---Can we post images,poetry and so on in the essays?

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
ups,I think Finduilas should re-published her topic,or at least to clearify what does she mean.
I am sorry for that,but when it is 02:50h a.m. it is hard to make things in the best way and to see whether there is any problem with the topic :( :(

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
I don't really seem to understand the subject. As far as I know, after the return of the exiled Noldor, i.e. after the War of Wrath, the Elves dwelt in Valinor together withthe Valar.
I talked to Gil-Galad and he asked me to explain my view.

Now, the topic is :
From A Thought,Through The Love, Till The Reality

Where did the world come from? Iluvatars thoughts ,didn't it?
However, it was innocent and young then and nothing seemed to be able to ruin that peace.
Then came the Firstborn and Valar's love to them. However, that love caused many mistakes later- spoiling the Elves, causing pride and egoism. Love had to be the Golden Ere of the Valar, however it became the Downfal or at least its beginning.
Soon the reality showed its real face and the Elves were no longer protected from Evil. They did have to know and understand to beat it.
So my main question and subject for lots of thesis is :
Where can we find the quilt for this transformation and who should we blame:
Eru
The Valar
Morgoth
Elves?
However, this subject can be interpret(as Melian said) in many ways and everybody has the freedom to express his opinion.

Lhunithiliel

Fëanorean
Reaction score
Please, excuse me, but the teacher in me has made me do a small correction :eek:

The title of the topic should be WITHOUT articles.
So, it should be like this:

"From Thought, Through Love, Till Reality "

:rolleyes: :p

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
Thank you, Lhun.What would have we done without you?
That's surely better.It didn't sound very correctly to me as well, but now is perfect.
Thanks.:p :) :)
----------------------------------
Triabva da vzimam 4astni urozi pri teb!;) :D

Melian

Maia Queen
Reaction score
:D
OK, now it's pretty clear!

---------------------------
Oh,nedei,kakvo shte pravim s dvama eksperta kato Lhun?:)

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
Oh,I am glad that's so.

----------------------------------------
:D :D :D
Ami 6e ni slu6ate...:rolleyes:
:p

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
Ei,come on!
Doesn't anyone want to write an essay?:) :eek: :)
Actually, I will try to write one this week but I will probably finish it the next one.
Anyway, do count on me.

gate7ole

Reaction score
Originally posted by Finduilas
Ei,come on!
Doesn't anyone want to write an essay?:) :eek: :)
Hey, wait. We have one whole month to write the essay. Do you expect someone to finish in just a week?

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
I'm sorry that I haven't posted my essay yet,although it is almost ready.
But due to some educational problems(I had to fill some application forms and write couple of motivation letters,and send them of course to three universities)I was not able to write it.I promise I will post it next week.

Lhunithiliel

Fëanorean
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gil-Galad
I'm sorry that I haven't posted my essay yet,although it is almost ready.
But due to some educational problems(I had to fill some application forms and write couple of motivation letters,and send them of course to three universities)I was not able to write it.I promise I will post it next week.
Haven't I helped you?! ;) :p :D Don't complain! :p

Melian

Maia Queen
Reaction score
Folks, I AM READY!!!! You will read my essay very very soon!
It's definitely long,I'm sorry. I guess there will be people who don't share my point, so please, feel free to disagree! I'll be happy to read.

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
YES you helped me and I really appreciate your help.But I had so much work that I got mad,you can ask Finduilas if you want.:( :( ....and Melian too:( :( .Even at the moment I" having some problems with my application forms:(

Melian

Maia Queen
Reaction score
My revered Fellow-Guldsmen! I'd like to congratulate gate7ole on the essay! I think it's better than mine. No surprise he won the last competition!:)

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
Actually, they are both great masterpieces. I think you have expounded thorough theses. I'm absolutely astonished of how people can create such writings. Excellent! However, I'll reread them and ask you if I have any questions or remarks.

gate7ole

Reaction score
Originally posted by Melian
My revered Fellow-Guldsmen! I'd like to congratulate gate7ole on the essay! I think it's better than mine. No surprise he won the last competition!:)
Please, let the judges decide which essay is better (and know that I am one of the judges and I don't accept such bribes:D )

Originally posted by Finduilas
Actually, they are both great masterpieces. I think you have expounded thorough theses. I'm absolutely astonished of how people can create such writings. Excellent! However, I'll reread them and ask you if I have any questions or remarks.
And I wait for your essay, along with everyone else's.

Lhunithiliel

Fëanorean
Reaction score
I don't see

I don't hear

I don't speak

Do you remember that "monkey - trinity"?

I am a judge here and I am just like those three monkeys :p

Thread suggestions