🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Hall of Essays:Work-book - Archive

Manveru

(former)blue angel of GoT
Reaction score
Welcome to our third judge!
Enjoy reading, ithrynluin!
Originally posted by Lhunithiliel:
As for Feanor.... Well...I just can't help it! This character inspires me so much whenever I read about him! I guess I have a crush on tragic characters... Like my other "champion" - Aldarion of Numenor.... and later ... Boromir of Gondor...
I just love them!
That's so... tragic, boss;).

:D

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
I posted the last thoughts of Beren. It is not a long work but I stated there everything I feel about the problem. I hope you like it.:)

Read..:)

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
Wow,this essay really impressed me much!!!!!It is going to be very difficult judging.....some people(the judges of course will have lots of headaches!).

Findi ,are you in love my beloved elf?In me??!!!I knew it !!!!!!!
;) :p ;) :p

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gil-Galad
Wow,this essay really impressed me much!!!!!It is going to be very difficult judging.....some people(the judges of course will have lots of headaches!).

Findi ,are you in love my beloved elf?In me??!!!I knew it !!!!!!!
;) :p ;) :p
:eek: OMG! I thought you would never guess!!! :D:D:D

Btw, thanks.:)

Manveru

Reaction score
I read that "little sth" from a "little one" and... I'm still staring at the screen with a huge "jaw-drop"... it's good I don't have to say anything right now (just write;)).

I thought a little as to post any comment right now, before the judges will read and decide, but... what a heck;)

Good job, you "destructive" lover:D.

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
Mel,can you ask the judges to read the essays and take decisions ASAP?

I would like a new topic to be started!!Christmas is coming,so we will probably need a kind of Christmas topic,any ideas?:)

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
How about:

Christmas miracles - touch the real world, touch your soul.

This topic suggests a revealing of the author's attitude towards Christmas miracles - whether he/she believes they do happen or exist only in our souls, looking for hope.

Eledhwen

Cumbrian
Reaction score
Royal Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire, England, UK
Let's discuss this....

Letters from Father Christmas, by JRR Tolkien

Between the years 1920 and 1943, the children of J. R. R. Tolkien received some of the most unique mail every Christmas that a child could ever hope for: letters from Father Christmas himself! Beautifully illustrated and delivered in various ways, they told of all kinds of things that happened at the North Pole, and about the folk who lived there with Santa. There is the accident-prone and rather sleepy North Polar Bear and his two cousins who cause havoc, the evil goblins, and of course the elves and gnomes, not to mention snowfolk and cave bears. The letters came, or so it is claimed by those who don't believe in Father Christmas, from the Tolkien children's father, J.R.R. Tolkien himself.

I haven't read them yet, but now seems a good time to start.

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
Re: Let's discuss this....

Originally posted by Eledhwen
Letters from Father Christmas, by JRR Tolkien

Between the years 1920 and 1943, the children of J. R. R. Tolkien received some of the most unique mail every Christmas that a child could ever hope for: letters from Father Christmas himself! Beautifully illustrated and delivered in various ways, they told of all kinds of things that happened at the North Pole, and about the folk who lived there with Santa. There is the accident-prone and rather sleepy North Polar Bear and his two cousins who cause havoc, the evil goblins, and of course the elves and gnomes, not to mention snowfolk and cave bears. The letters came, or so it is claimed by those who don't believe in Father Christmas, from the Tolkien children's father, J.R.R. Tolkien himself.

I haven't read them yet, but now seems a good time to start.
That's a great suffestion!:)
However, I cannot find the letters here in Bulgaria. They are neither published, nor imported...:(
It seems impossible for me to read them...:(
Probably if someone has them in a text format, or if they are available as an e-book in the Internet...?:confused:

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
The idea is brilliant but Findi is right,it is very difficult almost impossible for us to find these works.
Eledhwen,if you can help find them somewhere like e-books it would be great.

Manveru

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gil-Galad:
Mel,can you ask the judges to read the essays and take decisions ASAP?
Mel said she would let the judges know about "a whole thing" (she probably did so already;)), so... calm down, Kingy (oh, I see they let you in at last:p:D). Does it mean the end of this round of essays? Goodie...

Eledhwen

Cumbrian
Reaction score
Royal Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire, England, UK
Rangerdave has a load of zip files of Tolkien stuff here but I just checked and Father Christmas isn't among them. Maybe RD knows where it can be obtained.

I am sad that my overseas friends cannot get hold of this book. Amazon.co.uk has it in several editions, with copies of the original letters in Father Christmas' own handwriting. Every reviewer thinks the book is wonderful. I think the library won't do. I need to own this book.

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
That doesn't help much but thank you!:)
I will search for it here in Belgium,but if I have to order it and to wait for it,I'm not going to buy it :(
Anyway,if you can find from where we can read as an e-book it would be great :)

Melian

Maia Queen
Reaction score
I am ready with my decision...I'm waiting for the other judges.:)
Relax.
Good job, everybody!

Manveru

Reaction score
Hmm... I posted some 'bonus' thoughts of... Finrod. Gosh, why didn't anyone write about him? So great Noldo... when I started to 'refresh' my memory on all that was connected with him, I simply "fell in love" (in literary meaning of this, of course;)) with this character. I had so much fun writing it.
I see everyone is awaiting 'judgements' so... enjoy your moments of anticipation with this "little" work of mine (GG, I know you like to read about those thoughts of High Kings...;)).

Manveru

Reaction score
I object... "veto! veto! liberum veto!";)

Seriously... I thought for long whether to post it or just wait for "the results"... I see Melian decided already. We're waiting for the rest of "the judging tribunal" to answer... so... Kingy... don't wanna change the rules... let's leave it "beyond judgement", ok?

BTW: Thx. Glad you liked it.

Thread suggestions