🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Hall of Essays:Work-book - Archive

Melian

Maia Queen
Reaction score
We'll 'leave it'..yes...cause IT IS BEYOND judgement. Well done,Mike...
All right, all right, i'll stop cause they'll accuse me of being too fond of one of the participnats (well, yes, I am...;) ...but it doesn't get into judgement's way).
:)

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
I just read something big from a someone little and sweet.
I am really surprised and amazed,the essay about GG is so good.It is written with passion,with all her understandings about life.This essay really touched me.:)

I would very much like the judges to consider these two essays part of the competition.It will be a shame if such marvellous essays are not included in the competition.They deserve it!!!!!!:)

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
Well, we have both posted an essay to be judged, and these ones are ..as Man;) said a bous.:) Moreover, I actually forgot that my topic was about Gil-Galad:eek: . But I am extremely glad you liked it, GG. :)

Manveru

(former)blue angel of GoT
Reaction score
:eek:
Gee, little one... You write more "mature" than I do (I guess there's still this "small kid" inside me... lingering--though my age says sth different;)). Great work.

BTW: Did you really provide "true" data about your age? (just wondering;))

j/k

:D

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gil-Galad
I DO NOT CARE!!!
These two essays are so great that I want them to participate in the competition!!!!!!:)
...and so the Mighty King spoke... :rolleyes: :D

GG, we already have provided an essay.;)
This ones may remain for the good and glory of the Guild...:D:D

Yep.:) I'm turning 16 in May! :) Gosh...can't wait...:D

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
Mel,what is happenning with the judging?I just want to let you know that Nom has not been online for a long time and you'd better find somebody else.
Can you finish it ASAP,because the next topic is waiting ;)

p.s. let the judges take into consideration all the essays which are about the last thoughts of the High Kings+Beren

Melian

Maia Queen
Reaction score
Sorry, GG, but it's not my fault. I never wanted to disappoint you or anyone here. Believe me, I'm ready, I sent out invitations and notes but no one replied. What am I supposed to do? Judge them alone???? I can do taht if you don't mind. I'll ask ithrynluin as well, cause he seems to be the only one who's still on the forum...
I don't want to delay the Hall of the Essay's work, especially the Christmas essay topis. Why don't participants start with that assignment anyway, and I promise I'll do my best to fix the problem with the thoughts of high kings.
OK, I'll take into consideration all the essays posted here.

Confusticated

Reaction score
I apologise for being away so long without warning.

Can you still use me as a judge? If so I will have to read Finduilas's and then I can send my decision to Melian.

Again, I am so sorry... I had no idea I'd have to be away from TTF.

Manveru

Reaction score
Look who's back...

No need to be "sorry"...
I'm glad the "problems" are over and you're back, Nóm...
Pls, take your time with the judging...
(we're not in a hurry, are we guys?;))

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
:D Hohoho!

Man, welcome back!
Good to see you here again..mmm....fit now;):D

Oh, and I don't see a problem too.:)

Manveru

Reaction score
Back? Well... Nope (I'm afraid not... yet -- gosh, such a warm welcome and it's "in vain"... sorry guys)

:( (what's this?! OMG, a sad frown? from me? Impossible;))

Manveru

Reaction score
I know nothing about Nom and Ithy (though I read somewhere on the forum--I guess--that he'll be away till late january...;)), but Mel is pretty busy right now... I'll let her know about it ('cause she's very rarely on the forum these days) or even post her decision... I'll know tomorrow morning...
So...
Waiting for the other judges... or...
Let's leave this round (do we have to judge it in the end? really?). We know all whose essay is the best, right?;) It was a great fun, no matter who's going to win. I say, if the problem will continue, we should leave this round and try to propose a new theme.
Opinions?
Anyone?
Kingy?

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
hmhmmh,why not,if they do not want to judge them it's not a problem.I will make a final effort and if there is no result by the end of the week we can start a new topic.Ideas about topic?I have one idea but it is a total off-topic.Though it is very interesting one,it doesn't concern Tolkien. :(

Melian

Maia Queen
Reaction score
Hail from the judge.
Sorry for this BIG delay of results...I know all of you waited for this judgement so much...I apologize.
The jury decided:

1st place: Lhun, 9 pts
2nd place: Manveru (his second essay) and Gil-Galad, 5pts
3rd place: Finduilas,2pts

Congratulations! It was not easy to decide among so many great essays! Kepp on the good job.

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
Great!!!!We finally finished this Round.Thank you very much Mel,Ithy ;)

Now we can start our new topic.OMG,I haven't written an essay here for ages!!!Suggestions?
If you do not have I would like to suggest one very interesting and impressive topic,but it non-Tolkien topic.It is up to you.;)

Manveru

Reaction score
Melian said:
Hail from the judge.
Sorry for this BIG delay of results...I know all of you waited for this judgement so much...I apologize.
The jury decided:

1st place: Lhun, 9 pts
2nd place: Manveru (his second essay) and Gil-Galad, 5pts
3rd place: Finduilas,2pts

Congratulations! It was not easy to decide among so many great essays! Kepp on the good job.
Thank you (though I still think... you know what... but you're stubborn, y'all...ah, whatever...:)).
Congrats, wraith...
-----------
It's so good to see you in these Halls again, oh! Maia... *closes his eyes...*

Thread suggestions