🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Halls of Aldamar

Mormegil

Exceptionally Superfluous
Reaction score
This is the thread for events concerning the White Mountains.

Please only post here with relevent things and in character at all times. Thankyou.

Mormegil

Reaction score
Mormegil stood on the balcony of his city, high in the mountains, overlooking the vast plains of Rohan. There were clouds in the sky and it looked like rain was on the way.

Mormegil turned and walked inside, taking a seat at the meeting table of Ered Nimrais. A few Dwarves were already seated, and a few more Dwarves were entering the room, they too took a seat at the table.

Mormegil looked around the room and said, "where is Mardron?"
Just then the door opened and a tall ranger entered the room, taking a seat at the table. Mormegil smiled and said,
"Welcome Mardron, our council is now complete. Now let us discuss the current events. I fear war is brewing, and I would like to hear your reports and thoughts on what we should do."

One Dwarf, named Brondin stood up and spoke to the gathering, "There is indeed talk of war, although the sides are not yet clear, nor are the reasons. I feel it would be wise to ready our armed forces, making us prepared for whatever happens. We must not be caught unawares".
Brondin sat down and another Dwarf by the name of Dondi stood. He was the kings ambassador and said, "My lord, we are currently on good relations with a number of countries at the moment, with no enemies.
We are allied with Gondor, the Elven alliance, Rohan and Zirak Khazad. We are currently friendly with Arnor and the Grey Mountains. We have no diplomatic relationships with the Dark legion or Mornclaur at this time."

Mormegil thought over the reports and turned to Mardron, the cheif general of his armies. "Mardron, what is our current military strength?"
Mardron replied, "Lord, the guidelines set say that 1/10 of our population must be in the army. Our current population is 95,000. Giving us an army of 9,500. We also have 500 Rangers who migrated here with you. This gives us a total current army of 10,000"

Mormegil replied to his council, "It is clear that war is brewing, and we must stay alert. I would like a general mustering of our armed forces. We must be prepared for war at any time. I need Aglarond and Aldamar to be especially fortified. Go now and do my bidding".

Mormegil left the room and went to his quarters, to ponder over the current happenings in Middle Earth.

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
A messenger from the Mornclaur Federation enters and bows.

'Lord Mormegil of Aldamar, from the Mornclaur Federation, Greetings!

'We are concerned, for we have heard it said that you have no diplomatic relations with the Mornclaur Federation. But your land has indeed been recognised as an independent nation by Lord Goroth at the Senate. Mornclaur has not cut ties with the White Mountains, so I wish to hear that you have not decided to break links with our land? Our wish is for friendship.

Mormegil

Reaction score
Mormegil sent the Messenger from Mormclaur away with a message for his masters.
The message said that Ered Nimrais were grateful for the recognition of independance from Lord Goroth. And The White Mountains wish for peace with all nations, including Mornclaur.

Mormegil then told his generals to begin training more Dwarven soldiers, especially in the areas of cold and mountain combat. Mormegil would like 1/5 of the population as soldiers. Making an army of 20,000.

A

aldor

I honor you and would like to offer my services to you me lord. I have romed maney forums and so far this is the best one. I have real military experience. I also have a vast knowlage of military tactics and fighting styles, from a duel to assassination... I would be honored to be your military general. Your always loyal servent.

~Aldor.

HLGStrider

All Knowing Magic Cat
Reaction score
A cat scurries up the steep mountain path with a message:

Mormegil, friend,
Elgee is very sorry for any discomfort she caused you at the Dragon and would like to see you once more a happy patron there...
My best wishes to you and your mountains...
Elgee

Enclosed are receipts for free drinks and pizza.

Mormegil

Reaction score
Mormegil firstly addressed Aldor;
'I am sorry Aldor, but I do not require any generals at this time. I am also concerned by the fact that your previous actions have been trying to join the Dark Legion. I am afraid I do not want that kind of association. If you want a general/governor position, I suggest you ask Queen Mirina of Lothlorien, I believe she is looking for people.'

Mormegil then addressed the messenger from Elgee;
'Tell Elgee that I accept her apology and will consider returning to the Dragon bar.'

Mormegil then addressed his generals;
'There is to be a military parade in Minas Tirith, we have been invited to attend, it is in honour of the new King and Queen of Gondor. I would like all our troops sent there. The Dwarven cities will be defended by militia whilst the army is away.'

Last edited:

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
Greetings, Lord Mormegil of the Ered Nimrais!

I would personally like to extend the branch of Alliance to you, to ensure an eternal peace and friendship.

Mormegil

Reaction score
Mormegil sat in his chambers and pondered thoughts over in his mind. Throughout the war messengers had been keeping him updated on the events, and yet he was unwilling to commit himself to action.

Now, as he sat there a decision fell upon him. He stood and called to his generals, "Come now, a war council!"
He strode through the halls of Aldamar until he reached the grand council room, and once there took a seat and awaited his generals.

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
Ciryaher had been taking his time as he rode through the Ered Nimrais. Often, he simply walked along the faint trails of the mountains with his faithful horses following behind him, stopping often to sip cool mountain streams.

It so happened, by chance or design, that the Emperor arrived before the mountain-city of Aldamar. He bowed before the gate wardens and requested an audience with Lord Mormegil.

Mormegil

Reaction score
The gate wardens bow in return and welcome the Emporer.
He is led through the halls towards the council chamber.

Meanwhile a messenger has ran ahead to inform the king of the visitor, and as Ciryaher is led into the council chamber, the king and his generals rise and bow.
Mormegil walks towards Cir and offers his hand, "Welcome my lord, long has it been since you graced my halls with your presence. Be welcome and take a seat, for we have much to discuss regarding the war."

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
Ciryaher bowed in return and sat, "I am pleased to be here. I offer myself to assist in any planning that need be made ere I set north once more."

Mormegil

Reaction score
And so the Emporer Ciryaher joined the war council of the Ered Nimrais, and in that meeting many things were discussed, and many options were considered and at the end, the King Mormegil stood and bade his generals round up their troops and ready themselves for battle, for the time had come for the White Mountains to stand up and be counted once more amongst the great nations of Middle Earth.

And as the generals rode forth, the troops gathered and the Ered Nimrais had entered itself into such a war as Middle Earth had never known.

And Mormegil walked with his friend the Emporer and made plans, and glee filled his heart.

¤-Elessar-¤

Telcontar II
Reaction score
And from the north a winged messenger flew. He came onto the saddle of the mountain King, and sat before him a rolled parchment, sealed with an ordinate A.

Mormegil-

Joyous was the day when I first heard of stirrings again in the Mountains of Gondor! For behold, now all of the nations of the west are banding together, to seal the fate of the dreaded east, and to see that Gondor shall be the last to fall to that black beast.

And know, that to the north there you and your people shall find friendly both the people of Arandor, and her King.

Elessar €

Mormegil

Reaction score
Mormegil read the parchment and was pleased.
He then took out a piece of his own parchment and wrote a reply:

Elessar-
Greatly pleased I am with your message. And I am glad to hear of the rise of Arandor once more. May it stand for eternity.
And I welcome your friendship in this time of war, for the West must stand together or be crushed under the tide of evil.
Mormegil.

And then he sent the winged messenger back to its master.

Thread suggestions