🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Hammer of the Underworld

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
*She came fully awake sitting up on the bed, something in her hand. Looking down she found that she had grabbed her knife and held it tightly. What sort of dream was that? What was going on? Her mind spun as the last of the dream left her, only one thought still clinging to the edge of conciseness. Where was Necronum? She stood up, hurriedly pulled on the old cape, did not bother to tie her hair back and walked to the door in the hope that someone could tell her where he could be found. She must talk to him. A dark thought clouded her mind and her heart felt as though it had been touched by ice.*

Wraithguard

In black!
Reaction score
A slow and peaceful rain began to fall as he stood at the edge of the tower overlooking Lorien. Calmness once again flowed through him and the anger is driven away. Celestial Fire gripped tightly in his hand, he swings the sword through the air, leaving a literal blast of air that cuts through the limb of a nearby tree that falls to the ground with a thud.

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
*Where was he? She had asked and was pointed in the direction of a tower down one of the paths. Walking swiftly she hardly toke notice of the cool rain drops that fell on her face. Finally there were stairs leading up a smooth white tower. Almost to the top, her feet stopped and she reached out to touch the door that stood closed in her path. Should she stop here or go on through? It pushed open on smooth hinges and she could see the figure standing at the outer wall watching out over the forest. He looked so different now, it almost worried her to see him in the dark armor. Instead of going to him, she closed the door and sat on the top step to think over what she would say.*

Wraithguard

In black!
Reaction score
He continued to examine the blade. The ruby inset at the bottom in only half of a ruby and on the other side is half an emerald. The blade is curved like a scimitar and still incredibly sharp despite the years it has remained unattended here in Lorien. Something about the sword made him feel at peace, but it was not an easy thing to keep this peace considering the sword remains quite hot to the touch, which in turn, heats his gauntlet. He continues to lop of branches with the air blasts from the sword until he becomes satisfied with it's power. He then begins draw a large, blue rune in the middle of the tower floor.

Wraithguard

In black!
Reaction score
The rain had stopped over the tower but contined all around. He stood in the center of the rune and began to chant something. Within moments the rune changed from blue to green and a single blue flame formed at the outside of the rune and began to revolve around leaving a burning trail behind it until it reached the center, and Necronum. From the center a jet of black fire shot upwards into the sky and then it all died down once more. In the center stood Necronum with his eyes on the sky and Celestial Fire, which was now glowing with a bright silver hue, was gripped tightly in his hand, and the rune begins to fade just before the rain fell once more upon the top of the tower.

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
*Her hands covered her eyes as the light grew. When the flame calmed, her hands fell and she could see Necronum standing with sword held high. Her feet moved only a few steps through the door and words fell from her mouth as the rain once again touched the floor.* Is all well my lord?

Wraithguard

In black!
Reaction score
The Midnight Ride of Paul Mithrandir! "The Orcs are coming! The Orcs are coming!"

"All is well indeed. I trust you had a good rest? We wait only to be told when to leave and we shall be off once more to complete a probably meaningless task. I would like to put this to good use before it rots."

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
LOL! I like your title! Very Cool!

"I did indeed rest well, though..." *She paused for a moment before continuing.* I saw something that will not leave my mind. Something I hope was only to be a dream and no more... *She had been looking at the sword instead of at him. It was indeed of fine craftsmanship, looking both beautiful and very deadly.* "May I ask how that came to you?"

Wraithguard

In black!
Reaction score
"The sword? It was my father's before he gave it to me. The sword is the first weapon forged in Nùmenor many years ago. Perhaps I will keep it and perhaps I'll put it back into storage, this time in Mithlond where it belongs. Now what of your dream?"

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
*She rapped her arms around herself and closed her eyes.* "I was in a field, a breeze was all that moved and the sun was just rising. A red sun. I could see a fire on the hill and turned to look for your face, but never found it... I ran to the edge of the forest and found only your helm... it was then that something touched my shoulder, as I started to turn I could see a bloody blade held ready... that is when I awoke." *Her face was still turned down as her voice faded.*

Wraithguard

In black!
Reaction score
"Sounds like I got eaten. That makes me feel really good right now. Perhaps I will have to be more careful in the future." He is obviously fatigued and is trying to hold on to consiousness as his mind begins to falter.

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
"As I said, I hope it to be no more then a dream." *She sighed and looked up at him. His face looked worn, his eyes bleared.* "Have you not rested all this time?" *One arm went around his side as she led him to a bench under a shelter not far from where they stood.* "As you said, we must wait for our mission. Tell then it would be wise for you to rest." *She smiled as he let the bench take the weight off his feet. Finding a few small pillows, she placed some beside him and left the others on the floor. She walked to the edge of the tower to stand and watch out over the city, a light wind brushed the hair out of her face.*

Gúthwinë

Well, I'm Back
Reaction score
Farlain awoke with a start. *Where is everybody?* He grabbed his axes and started wandering around the tower. *Wow, We are in competion in building.* He then found a single room at the end of the hall, he opened it and walked in. There sat a wonderful Double-bladed axe. It had a Lapis-lazuli right in the center and a golden strip across each side of the blade. He grabbed it and replaced it with one of his own.*It feels like I was born to wield this axe.* He then walked out. He then went into the woods for some training. His axe whizzed around expertly slicing through the wild onions he found. * What I really need are some orcs.* He looked up at the tower and saw Necronum talking to that other Girl. He shrugged and went back to his practice. An arrow then whizzed by his ear. "Whoops!" There stood a small elf with a bow. * I guess they train early then* "You might wanna watch your aim." He said to the boy. The boy apologized and sped off, seconds later two full grown elves with razor sharp lances came towards him. "Wha' in Dulin's bane is 'rong with you. What did I do?"...

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
*The view from where she stood would have had most at a loss for words, but though her eyes looked out over the land, her mind refused to let them see. She had not told him everything... perhaps she never should. The sounds had been so real, the warmth of the fresh blood on her hands and the smell of fright and anger haunted her senses. A shiver ran down her spine as she closed her eyes trying to force the thoughts from her mind.* 'Please let it only be a passing dream. I want not to face that...' *Only a whisper, her voice was caught on the breeze and lost. One tear ran down her cheek before a soft hand brushed it away.*

Gúthwinë

Well, I'm Back
Reaction score
While Farlain was trying not to get nasty, the elves were closing in. " Alrighty yeh asked for it" HE then swung his blades hard across the lances. The sliced at the tip and fell harmlessly to the ground. The two then sped away. He had some time alone when another pair of elves came in and almost took off his ear. " Not again!"

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
*Time went past and the light rain continued and grew slightly, though Points of clear sky made way for some of the stars to shine through. The breeze picked up for a moment in a last effort to show it's strength before fading away into the evening. Dark hair, slightly damp from the cool mist, hung down the long back and over the shoulders of the still figure. A light sigh could just be heard, then silent foot steps carried her back under the shelter. She could tell he was sleeping well now, his breathing was calm and his face relaxed. Her gaze fell to pillows at the foot of the bench, he would know when he saw her. In a moment her form changed into that of a fine, black feline. She would wait here, green eyes half closed, and let her mind think on other things for a while.*

Last edited:

Wraithguard

In black!
Reaction score
Hours passed as mere seconds as he slept peacefully for the first time in an age. Yet something in his mind brought him to awaken, and his eyes first saw the pouring rain, the soothing sight and the peaceful sound. He glanced down at the black cat and silently laughed as he rose to his feet. The stagnant smell of the rain seemed sweet as honey as he began to walk into the rain, letting his shadowed hair soak in the clean liquid as the sun set behind the Ered Luin and the Moon arose above the peaks of Mordor's haunting wall.

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
*The dark head raised to watch him, green eyes almost glowing. She stretched and sat up, a dark tail twitching slightly, almost mischievously. Reaching to his mind she asked if had slept well and if he minded her being in this form.*

Thread suggestions