🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Matrix Fans Guild

24framesasecond

Reaction score
Yes, I completely aggre, this is The Matrix Fans Guild. The Matrix is a wonderful movie, to which i have talked a great deal about. The MR is a horrible movie, also to which i have talked a great deal about, but since this is The Matrix Fans Guild, i should fit in just fine.

Niniel

Random Quoter
Reaction score
I suppose the queen of the Matrix (I thought the Source called her the mother) is Persephone; she seemed to know how to handle it pretty well, and she's the only woman in the film who could be it (apart from the Oracle, but she can't be it, and Trinity but that would be really weird).

24framesasecond

Reaction score
names a meanings

A big name-part of the W. Bros is Neo's.

Notice, his name was Anderson. If you trace ANDER to it's roots, it means MAN, and then of course you have to add the Neo and Son into the mix (correct oder as you would a name with prefix), and what do you get, NEO-ANDERSON, or, as is heavily suggested by the strong Roman-Catholic and High Anglican images (i.e. Five wounds, "The One," prophecies, death and resurrection, flying), Neo-Man Son.
I think his name is the most fun; the rest seem so obvious.

The one name i haven't figured out is Smith; I am guessing they really didn't invest that much into some of the other characters, at least not as much as they did in the numerology, allegories, and CGI.

Niniel

Random Quoter
Reaction score
Well, a smith is someone who makes things. But I can't see him as being involved in the making of the Matrix.

Wolfshead

Formerly CraigSmith
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ol'gaffer
But I'm curious to know that how many of you ACTUALLY like the matrix for the philosophical content and thought provoking ideas that it brings up rather than just liking it since it's a "cool" thing to like now, with all the sequels on way.
Me, I do.

I was gonna join here a few weeks ago, but as it took me a while to see MR, I haven't got round to joining 'till now. Anyway, yeah, The Matrix was awesome, both fighting and philosophy, MR was good, but not as good as the first, even though the fighting was much better.

So, yeah, I'm a Matrix fan, so I'll join :D

MacAddict

Ocean Avenue
Reaction score
Did Anyone notice?

I just saw The Matrix Reloaded for the second time and I noticed that Bill Pope, the Director of Photography on all the Matrixs, is in the movie. Hes the security guard that when told "Hey! you can count sheep at home" Bill Pope answers "Why not? I get paid to count 'em here". Just something cool I noticed.

~MacAddict

MacAddict

Ocean Avenue
Reaction score
The Revolution is upon us

In a theater or 2 here in town, in just a few minutes, the Final Chapter of the Matrix trilogy is about to come to pass. Sadly I am not at this monumental occasion, because I would go with my mom but she has to work tomorrow and thus can't be out real late and I'm only 16 and can't get into and R-Rated movie on my own. Good thing is I'm going to see it tomorrow, so its not so bad, but I sure loved being in a room filled, literally, with Matrix freaks at the early showing of Reloaded way back in May.

~MacAddict

Aulë

The Larrikin
Reaction score
Well it's out now, and I shall be seeing it in a few hours time.

But a few reports have come in from some of my mates that it is "not that good". The ending isn't too satisfying, and it pales in comparison to the first Matrix. :(

Wolfshead

Formerly CraigSmith
Reaction score
I'll see it eventually. Whether or not I'll bother to see it in the cinema is a different matter entirely!

And I don't know why you should be pleased about the result in your sig, I mean, you were expected to rout us :p I would be worried if I were Australian - your tries came from our mistakes, they weren't created, whereas ours was. On the plus side for us, at least our rugby team can get out of the group stage, unlike in football... :rolleyes:

Aulë

The Larrikin
Reaction score
Quiet you ;)
I'm just rubbing it in to Legolam. She seemed so confident that the Scots would win...:D
And you only scored one try- and it was from an ex-Australian! :D lol

Wolfshead

Formerly CraigSmith
Reaction score
She thought we'd win?!? She must be quite an optimist...
From an ex-aussie, yes, but at least we created it :p:rolleyes:

Eilana

Reaction score
(can i join?)

OMG!!!!!!!! i saw it on saturday. I don't want to say anyting in case someone who hasn't seen it reads this but OMG!!!!!!!

tom_bombadil

Blast from the Past
Reaction score
I don't know what you have got against reloaded it is amazing yes i agree it is not as good as the original but is still a brilliant film. Revolutions is a stunning film and the ending is really clever plus they leave it open for another film so I will be hoping for another

L

laurelindorenan

I think a lot of people compare the sequels to the first Matrix. It blew people away because it was new, it was different and exciting. Then when the sequels came out people expected them to be bigger and better, so they were somewhat disappointed. I think if you look at each film on its own, they are quite spectacular, and as a whole series of films, they are pretty good. Its when you start comparing in the group that it gets difficult.

The third film is fairly good, depending on how you look at it. In a way, it is cleverly done with the open endedness, like the mislead death inthe 2nd film. On the other hand, you might be thinking, 'What!?! It's not supposed to end like that!!!! Whats going to happen?' so really its a matter of opinion.

Sorry, I just barged in...

Thread suggestions