The Tolkien Forum

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Mithril Knights and Heren Istarion

Nenya Evenstar

Reaction score
This thread is for any discussions between the Mithril Knights and Heren Istarion.

Right now, I think we need to discuss how exactly this agreement works. Are the MK's directly under HI? Do they take orders from HI? Or is that simply in battle?

Anamatar IV

Anabadger
Reaction score
Well I do not think there are any more on this forum who can answer that...for there is no one who was in this guild when it was like that with the White Council...

since the MK would be fighting apart from HI I dont think the 3rd option would work.

Nenya Evenstar

Reaction score
Arg! ;) This thread is to discuss what the MK's want now... I know how it WAS it's only that I don't know how the major body of the MK's want it now.

Ok, perhaps a better question would be, do the MK's want to become a branch of Heren Istarion?

FREEDOM!

100% God Blessed American
Reaction score
I'd have to ask Eomond but i think we don't wnat too become a branch of HI we are just here too protect them. And also to fight in wars, but i'm not too sure.

Nenya Evenstar

Reaction score
Well, if you want the full scoop I'll give it to you. The Guild of Mithril Knights was created soley for the purpose of being under and protecting the White Council. They took direct orders from that group and a person from that group led them. However, in the course of time, this knowledge was lost and the Mithril Knights lost contact with the White Council after that group became inactive. However, now the White Council and Heren Istarion are one. Technically you should be under Heren Istarion, but I think that is up to you. I'm giving you guys this choice. However, if you are simply going to protect them without being under them, I don't see how that is possible. You can't protect someone without taking orders from that group. The way I see it, is that you would be semi-independant taking orders from Heren Istarion in certain things, but you would also be free to govern your own affairs. The starters of this guild used the analogy of jedi. You would be Heren Istarion's jedi, under them but free to navigate your own affairs.

Last edited:

Anamatar IV

Anabadger
Reaction score
I think you have one of the names mixed up...I dont remember HI ever being under the WC.;):rolleyes:

By being a branch of Heren Istarion dont think that you would be called Heren Istarion-you would still be the Mithril Knights. You would reside (I think) in the Temple of Heren Istarion (that is of course only in in-character).

I am just a bit confused about the protection part, and maybe Nenya, you could explain this:

if the temple is in Annuminas (the capital city of Arnor) which is the most defended city in Middle-earth then how would it be getting protected?

Nenya Evenstar

Reaction score
Thanks Anamatar. :p Fixed.

Well, the MK's were not made to necessarily do only one thing. They were like the privite and "secret" army of the White Council, so they did any number of duties prescribed by that organization. So, I do not think that the MK's would need to protect our temple... I think simply that they should be protecting our interests. Right now the MK's are in Gondor protecting Minas Tirith. So, they could have any number of duties such as protecting a certain person, acting as Rangers, or acting in a army-like situation. They are the most valiant fighters in Middle-earth, or so I have heard. They should not be left to guard a temple especially since they are the most valiant Knights and since that temple is already guarded.

Anamatar IV

Anabadger
Reaction score
okay sounds good on the HI part-Mithril Knights?

But another thing: will the knights just be them (i.e. only Eomond FREEDOM, Mablung, Sjack...) or will they have some strength (i.e. 20 knights aside from those guys)

Nenya Evenstar

Reaction score
The Knights will just be them, I believe. However, I'm doing all the talking here.... I should let some of the others voice their opinions. :)

Éomond

Rider of Rohan
Reaction score
Sorry for my absents, I've been gone the whole weekend, and rite now i'm at a friends house so, of coruse, I'll be a full strengh tomorrow. But one thing, I don't really want to be a "branch" of HI but kinda but under them, don't worry, I'll make more sense tomorrow:rolleyes:

Turin

...Lost
Reaction score
Does anyone know what happened to white rider his last post was 09-08-2002. Thats a long time ago. Thanks:confused:

Éomond

Rider of Rohan
Reaction score
Last time I checked (I think) he's swamped with school work. Last I checked he was on here in December, around Christmas, but it's not unuseual for some one to just leave the guild, he might also not have time for it anymore, but, I'd be cool to hear from him once in a while.

Nenya Evenstar

Reaction score
No, he left the guild. I PMed him about that a while ago and he said that he didn't have time and that it was ok for someone else to take the leadership.

Nenya Evenstar

Reaction score
Ah! Sorry about that! I thought it was assumed, I guess... I had talked about PMing whiterider for a while there. This all happened before ll_12 was elected for leadership and before I left the guild. Then when I returned it didn't cross my mind again until you mentioned it. :p

Anamatar IV

Anabadger
Reaction score
It seems this idea isn't taking shape in the near future. All the better. I'd actually prefer it if we didn't do this for a while to say the least, right nenya?;)