🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The New And Improved Weeping Willow Pub

Narya

~He-he-he~
Reaction score
*Narya reopens her famous pub due to insistent public clamour and buys a spot near the townsquare*

"This should bring back old customers, and new ones as well" she thought. Then she put up a sign saying that there will be a big opening day on the 24th of Foreyule, which was a Wednesday at 5 o'clock on the afternoon. Lots of ale and roasted lamb to be served at half price.

Then she writes a letter to her dear friend Chrysy - the then dragon of honor - and asks her presence at the said occasion. She also invited her old friends, Goldie and Elby, and all the other patrons of the pub.

To draw in new crowds, she puts a sign up front saying

MORE SEATS AVAILABLE FOR EVERY RACE. SEATS AND MEALS INCLUDE THOSE FOR THE DARK SIDE. NO RUMBLES WHATSOEVER, ONLY WHEN NECESSARY AND A DRAGON TO KEEP WATCH AND TO DIP UNCOOPERATIVE RASCALS IN NEARBY RIVER.

Narya

~He-he-he~
Reaction score
*hobbles over to the new customer*

"Well, you need to order something first...so what will it be?"

Narya

~He-he-he~
Reaction score
"Coming right up!" the nimble hobbit runs towards the kitchen and fetches the ordered barbecue and pepsi and brings it out.

"That'll be 10 shillings!"

Narya

~He-he-he~
Reaction score
"I hope there will be more customers to go in today. I am going to have a beer drinking contest tomorrow. It's part of the opening ceremonies week celebration." replied the hobbit, making the customer jump as she seemed to read his mind.

"Would you like to join the beer drinking contest, good sir?
"

Narya

~He-he-he~
Reaction score
"Oh don't worry, if you get drunk, my dragon will dip you into the river, and shake you silly, that'll sober you up pretty quick. It worked for a couple of dwarves before. It should work again. Besides it'll be tomorrow. You can still prepare for it."

then winks on the customer, but the hobbit still hasn't learned how to wink with just one eye, so she winks at him with both eyes.

Elbereth

Star Queen of Valinor
Reaction score
Elbereth enters...shrouded in a dark hood, protecting her from the light rain that was falling outside. As she enters she observes a man...possibly a ranger of sorts and very familiar looking hobbit in friendly conversation at the bar. The room is warm and friendly and a relief after traveling so far.

Removing her cloak, she hangs it on a nearby peg and then heads toward the two at the bar. As she does, she realizes who the hobbit is...and she exclaims happily, "Narya! Long time no see! It is so nice to see you! I got your invitation....I thought it was too good to be true, but here it is....the Weeping Willow anew!"

Narya

~He-he-he~
Reaction score
"By the valar!! It's Elbereth!" Exclaimed the hobbit, yelling so hard on the ranger's ear that he almost spilled his beer all over his mailshirt. The hobbit ran towards her good friend, which she sorely missed.

"How are you nowadays??? Well, I do hope you like the place. it's a lot larger than the old pub, so we can accomodate more customers. I hear there are a lot of passers by this time of year.
I am holding my yearly beer drinking contest today. Wanna judge it???
"

omnipotent_elf

Omnipotent....mmm....good
Reaction score
Omni enter the room. "Nice pub you got here. I heard that there were beer drinking contests. I'm interested"

Narya

~He-he-he~
Reaction score
"Hallo! Why yes!! We do have a beer-drinking contest here today. And I will sign you up as one of the contestant" *Signs Omni as a contestant for the Beer-Drinking contest.* "Please invite your friends to come over and ask them to join as well."

Elbereth

Star Queen of Valinor
Reaction score
"Well, you can sign me up as Judge well dear friend. But before that why don't you pour me a fine Shire wine and let me take a seat so I can tell you all about my adventures." Elbereth says giving her friend a kindly pat on the back.

Narya

~He-he-he~
Reaction score
"Alrighty then...Aragorn21 is a judge." *signs him up as one of the judges* "I will tell you the criteria for judging later. " *turns to the Queen of Stars and upon hearing an order of the finest Shire Wine, the HObbit's face fell*"Well...I don't have the finest shire wine just yet. MAde the order a week ago but seems something has happened to it. Hasn't come. I wanted it so badly I ordered about 20 barrels of the dratted thing. I still have a bottle of Dorwinion wine if you like, though I believe, you did not like the taste of it before. Can I offer you tea instead?"

omnipotent_elf

Omnipotent....mmm....good
Reaction score
Owe takes a position in the back of the pub, meditating so as to get himself into the best drinking state of mind. Before entering his position, he stated "I have no competiotion, atm, please tell me when competition come, unless you just wanna see me drink :D"

Last edited:

chrysophalax

Dragon of Note
Reaction score
A lovely green Dragon with a slightly bedraggled appearance flew low over the Weeping Willow Pub and she sighed, remember ing all the roast lamb she had been fed, by a nice Hobbit once upon a time. To her surprise, smoke was curling once again from the chimney and delicious scents tickled her nostrils. Eagerly, she landed and squeezed her head in through the door, causing the patrons to look over in momentary alarm. "Naryaaaaa! Are you there!? It's me! Chrys!"

C

celebdraug

*Celebdraug walkin in all soaked and cold! Recognises a few people here and smiles! Goes and sits by the fire!*

Hi Narya. We have never met, but you own a nice inn:)!

Thread suggestions