🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The New Shadow

Ăšlairi

Crying in the Wilderness
Reaction score
Has anyone read Tolkien's brief sequel to The Lord of the Rings about Herumor. There is also something about Herumor in the Silmarillion and that he was a renegade Numenorean, if so, tell me what you think here or PM me.

Dengen-Goroth

Dark Lord of Arda
Reaction score
Ah yes, one of the Black Numenorians. Along with Fuinur I blieve. the quote that comes to my mind is "Herumor and Fuinur, who rose to power with the Haradrim." Or something like that. Yes, they came and they used their power and knowledge for evil. What of the King Bladorthin, has anyone heard of him?

aragil

Just another loremaster
Reaction score
Secondarily Beautiful State of Washington
I read it. It was agonizing. A nice slow build-up of suspense, me wondering what was about to happen, and then Whamo!, end of story practically in mid-thought. Personally I thought it was well-written, but apparently Tolkien thought better of it and decided it was not worth finishing.
Say, shouldn't this be in the HoME section?

Ăšlairi

Crying in the Wilderness
Reaction score
It was in there but I made duplicate threads of it and it was moved here by Grond I believe. And by the way Grond, disregard my PM I sent you about this. I found it!!!

Ăšlairi

Crying in the Wilderness
Reaction score
I would love to see some more posts in this thread because I would like to see what people thought of: "The New Shadow"!

Elfarmari

Tingilindë
Reaction score
I finally read the new shadow, and completely agree with aragil. Now if Tolkien had actually been an elf, he could have finished all these great stories. . .:D :D :D

beardedbroccoli

Reaction score
Replying seven years later...lol does anyone know if Chris Tolkien plans on or can finish the sequel?

Thread suggestions