🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Northen lights series

tom_bombadil

Blast from the Past
Reaction score
i think the northen lights the subtle knife and the amber spyglass are alot like lord of the rings. It has loads of worlds. Loads of wierd creatures. And the world is threathend by one person. Plus their is the object which has to be destroyed at the end the knife and theirs the altherometer which you can ask questions etc( like the mirror of galadriel)

Dûndorer

Reaction score
yes, there is alot of books that are similer to lord of the rings. because if someone wrote about made up creatures that they thought up then it wouldnt be that great. so most use elfs, dwarfs, wizards, trolls, ect. ect.

Arwen_evenstar

thrillmaster of the FAPs
Reaction score
A big Biffa bin sailing out to sea near Jamaca.
Ye

I agree about the Elves and stuff, but sometimes made up creatures are good, as long as the write knows what he/she's talking about.
I'm not sure about this, but I think Ents are made up, and I bet Tolkein has a lot of background information that he never wrote in his books about them, but for himself.
I have read LOADS of Phillip Pullman books, including his dark materials, and they are really GREAT!!!!!!

Thread suggestions