🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Official Birthday Thread of 2008

Turgon

Ghost-King of Gondolin
Reaction score
Cheers for the birthday wishes everybody. My usual horror at becoming yet another year older (36 this time) was somewhat tempered by finding the first grey hair in my beard a few weeks earlier...:D

It seems everybody I know decided to buy me wine this year - I think I've got enough to fill a very small cellar...:p

Illuin

Fire On The Mountain
Reaction score
They’ll all be grey in four years :D. I don’t think I have gray hair on my head; but my beard (if I grew one) is grey. Good reason to shave.

Gilthoniel

Speak to the hand...
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Nom!
Have a great day!

Off topic, I know, but on the subject of coloured beards.. I found a solitary ginger hair in my beard today!
Random! Needless to say, I plucked it out sharpish...

Firawyn

Verbatim et litteratim.
Reaction score
It seems everybody I know decided to buy me wine this year - I think I've got enough to fill a very small cellar...:p
Oh! Wine is nice. What kinds did you get Turgon? If you got any "Fish Eye" Pinot Grigio, I may have to come help you empty that particular bottle. That is my very favorite wine...followed closely by White Zinfandel...yum.

:rolleyes: Yes, I know I'm underage. Get over it.

Oh yea...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Confusticated

Reaction score
Firawyn! Judging by your motto, I trust you'll make the most of your 20s. :D They really will be coming to end faster than you might imagine. Mine are almost over... I've wasted most of them...*panic*

---
P.S. Thanks Gilthoniel.

Firawyn

Verbatim et litteratim.
Reaction score
Thanks Nom. I expect that the 20's will be fun. I'm just happy that being a "teenager" is over!

:cool:

Thorin

LOTR Purist to the end
Reaction score
My birthday is tomorrow..Thorin turns 37! Yay for the bearded, incorrigible, grumpy bastard!

Illuin

Fire On The Mountain
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Firawyn!
Think of your whole entire life so far; and double it. I would certainly rather be you right now :D. Also, I’ve never spoken with the Balrog from Utumno there; but Happy Birthday to Flame of Udûn as well. I missed yours too NR. Happy B-Day. And to any I have missed.

Thread suggestions