🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The One Ring of Power's maker and powers of the ring

S

Sauron's_Spirit

i can swear i recall that sauron did not cast the one ring of power to rule them all as the movie says. It was sauron's master...whos name i forgot:::the ring also enpowers sauron by alot but only makes other wearers invisible? why is this? and lastly,according to the movie, sauron was defeated when the ring came off. The book states that sauron only put a portion of himself in the ring, why is he destroyed when a finger is chopped off? he was after all, the most powerful being in the universe...

lilhobo

Retired
Reaction score
well, even with the ring, Sauron was still defeated by both the elven king Gil-Galad with his Spear and Elendil and his Sword.

wimpy isuldur only stole the ring off sauron's dead carcass, unlike in the movie. :D

Galadriel tells frodo that the power the ring gives to the wearer depends on the strength and wisdom of the wearer.

Sauron taught the elven smiths how to make the rings of power and then made one to rule them all

PS. someone strike me down if i am wrong :D

Beleg Strongbow

Superior Elf
Reaction score
Doriath AND Sydney Australia and where ever "SHE"
Originally posted by lilhobo
well, even with the ring, Sauron was still defeated by both the elven king Gil-Galad with his Spear and Elendil and his Sword.

wimpy isuldur only stole the ring off sauron's dead carcass, unlike in the movie. :D

Galadriel tells frodo that the power the ring gives to the wearer depends on the strength and wisdom of the wearer.

Sauron taught the elven smiths how to make the rings of power and then made one to rule them all

PS. someone strike me down if i am wrong :D

Thats not quite true Isildur indeed cut the ring off sauron and then he left his body and fled. His father was killed by sauron and his sword broke form under him. Isildur was no wimp he was a hero if it wasn't for him sauron probably wouldn't have fallen in the battle and he would have succeeded. Only Cirdan would have any chance of withstanding him. Not much but a little. Thats right about the bearer having to have some of his own power to use sauron's power entrapped in the ring. Also gollum,bilbo and frodo never tried to use the power. U have to bend it towards your will.

Thread suggestions