🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Quiz - discussion thread

Lhunithiliel

FĂ«anorean
Reaction score
All right... All right! :D

In order to save my PM-box ;) :D... I open this thread where you can all post your claims.

So, from what I hear, the Elf - Galdor was a problem.
Blame it on the person who prepared the Apprentice level! :p :D

But if that was the only wrong answer, then I don't see any reason the level to be passed. If this only wrong answer did not let you pass further on... then ...I wonder... How could Ithy pass to the other levels and PM me about some of his observations? :confused: Thank you Ithy!!! (He was pleased, you know! :D)

If this is some software problem - please, inform the programmer -Mr.Beorn. :)

I also want to say that the Q&A for each level will be updated each two months (understand - changed). So, I'll see to it that no further problems arise.

People..... Have mercy!!!

It is the very first computerised version of a Tolkien-knowledge Quiz in TTF!

BTW, as me and Beorn have agreed that this Quiz is for ALL TTF-members, all who wish may PM to me a Q & A - suggestion for any level! ;)

All TTF-ers may and are welcome to pass the Tests!
But!!!
ONLY the members of the GoT have the right to get the respective Ranks.

Please, respect this.

Otherwise, you are welcome to comment on the issue how it pleases you! :)

Manveru

(former)blue angel of GoT
Reaction score
I had problems with one question (about that Elda;)) and there was a message that I didn't pass :)() and I am welcome to pass it in one week's time...

That's odd... 9 out of 10 is more than 80% required to pass:mad:

Oh, well I'll try again... next week;)

Lhunithiliel

FĂ«anorean
Reaction score
I am sorry, Manv ERU !

It must be a software problem.
I'll talk to Beorn and I'll see to it that that problematic name is changed.

....... My God! Now ...I'll have to check very carefully ALL the Q & A!

I promise I will.

Other comments ... so far? (except for Galdor-Haldir)

Manveru

Reaction score
Originally posted by Lhunithiliel:
I am sorry, Manv ERU !
Don't be... I blame noone:D

As ManvEru I should have known that no matter what was written next to option no. 3 was a good answer (but I wasn't sure about Orophin;))... it must have been that Party's beer;) Those were great days, but...

Like I said... I'll try next week

BTW: The Quiz is great!!

Manveru

Reaction score
Sorry for the double post...

It's, somehow, working now... I don't know what's going on? Maybe I'm really borracho these days;)... there are also other thoughts that wholly "occupy" my mind...

:D

Lhunithiliel

FĂ«anorean
Reaction score
I am glad that the problem was fixed.! :)

This means that all of you, Nom, Aule, Khornagan etc. have also passed! :D

Beleg

Fading
Reaction score
So, from what I hear, the Elf - Galdor was a problem.
Blame it on the person who prepared the Apprentice level!
Guess I past this test then.

That's odd... 9 out of 10 is more than 80% required to pass
With me too. In all the tests till Sn. JourneyMan I got this problem. Always one of my answers was wrong and the software said that I had failed.

I Dunno about the Bombadil Question in JourneyMen. Both Option A and B seem plausible.
[The Melian question was a tricky one]

[Haven't got the brains yet to attempt Expert test]

Confusticated

Reaction score
I Dunno about the Bombadil Question in JourneyMen. Both Option A and B seem plausible.
[The Melian question was a tricky one]
I agree. I think it would be good to make those more clear. In fact if I recall correctly, all three of the Tom B options could have worked. Of course I got both of those questions wrong so I would naturally want to find fault... :p

Also there is a question asking which Ainur entered Arda, maybe I missed something here, but I would say that in this question every option was correct. I guessed at what I thought the intended meaning was, and so got it correct, but still... ;)

I did not take the expert level test... saw a question from letters and backed out. hehe

Edit:

Well I took the Expert test. Failed. Missed two questions. But I got that hobbit-letters question right on a wild guess :D. Anyhow, I have a suggestion that the Istari question be altered. If anyone is not clear on why I can PM you about it. But suffice it to say here that all answers perhaps, and certainly 2 of them are fitting. So I got that question wrong.

The other I got wrong was the Sauron one :eek:.

One thing you guys might ask Beorn to do is to change Ottor Waefre to be written just like that ---->Waefre. I guess he was trying do to that fancy old english letter with the a and e hooked together, in addition to an accent over it but it comes out looking wrong on the TTF font.

Last edited:

BlackCaptain

Vast Menace of Despair
Reaction score
It says that I need to wait a week to... i just went on to the next test... it let me. The message just seems to be messed up.

Also, is there a thread where we can all check our ranks?

Khôr’nagan

Ar-Zigûrlôkhî
Reaction score
Yeah, is there? I made Senior Journeyman, but I haven't seen it written anywhere. Should it be listed in the Member's List? If so, then someone's not been updating it.

Oh, and BlackCaptain... Yeah, it's wierd... I took the Apprentice Level Quiz, passed, took the Journeyman Quiz, failed (A few stupid mistakes...), and went on and passed the Senior Journeyman Quiz. I tried the Expert one twice so far, but I'm still getting, like... 5 or 6 wrongs. (I am, of course, not cheeating by looking at the correct answers and writing them down for the next time... If I get a rank, I want to do it honestly:)). So if your not supposed to take any of the tests for a week if you fail one, then that is not working. I didn't think it was a malfuction, though.

Lhunithiliel

FĂ«anorean
Reaction score
Guys, first of all - Congratulations on your passing the tests! :D

Second - It seems there is a slight problem with the functioning of the program, so I'll speak to Beorn and I'm sure he will fix it!

As for entering yout ranks - it is done in the List of Members of the Guild and I'll fix it right away. :eek:

Black Captain - what is you current passed level according to the Tests?

Manveru

Reaction score
Hmm...
I thought I check in... with my rank;). Journeyman it is:D.
(I passed the test for Sr. Journeyman, too--it says so--but I found, after waiting a whole long week;), that there were the same questions as before... I haven't finished "UT" yet, too.)

So...

I think I'll stick to that Journeyman rank for now---I guess it'll be fair enough... it seems to fit my knowledge at the moment;).

One Journeyman for me, please:D.

THX in advance, boss...

Manveru

Reaction score
Originally posted by Lhunithiliel
Here you are, Sire! .... How will you pay - by credit card or cash? ;) :p :D
Cash, of course! I was wondering... do you accept angelic currency?;) I don't see any exchange office...

:D

Lhunithiliel

FĂ«anorean
Reaction score
Stop complaining! This version of the test is a "piece of cake " compared to what I'm preparing for the next version! :p

So, Anam0ma-ma-ta-ma-tar, what is it going to be - a Journeyman or a Sr.J.?
And Khôr’nagan, you're welcome! :)
Only....I very much hope to see you "in action" in the activities of the Guild....The sameapplies to you, Anamatar! :p

G-G:
And what about elven currency?I give my SPEAR for an EXPET rank.
Heyyyyyyy !!!!!! And where are you then goiing to find a decent weapon for your future fights?...Spare you spear, Noldo! I "sell" ranks against knowledge.....Well sometimes a jewel or two won't hurt! ;) :D

Thread suggestions