🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Quiz - discussion thread

Starflower

Almost here
Reaction score
so... I assume the case is I can take a test once I have passed the previous level ?
and I tried to first one, but as I didn't check my amswers properly, I missed one and didn;t pass... :(
never mind, I'll try aguin in a week

Starflower

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
Originally posted by Starflower
so... I assume the case is I can take a test once I have passed the previous level ?
and I tried to first one, but as I didn't check my amswers properly, I missed one and didn;t pass... :(
never mind, I'll try aguin in a week

Starflower
Don't worry,I'm sure you'll take at least Sr.Journeyman level!

Khôr’nagan

Ar-Zigûrlôkhî
Reaction score
Behold! For you now look upon an Expert Tolkienologist! Oh yeah! My problem was with the song thing... I kept thinking it was about the wrong one. I also kept getting that Finrod question wrong, because I'd forgotten that. But, now I've passed! Granted, with one question wrong, but still I passed! Muahahaha!

EDIT: Please ubdate the Member's list Lhunithiliel, as soon as you see this. Thanks!

Manveru

(former)blue angel of GoT
Reaction score
Wow! An EXPERT!!

*steps back into a shadow of a corner of a Hall just to hide his abashment*:p;)

Eriol

Estel
Reaction score
I passed the Expert test on Saturday without any mistakes... and that means it is too easy! On the old scheme no one but Grond would be an expert :D.

I know I will NOT put it in my signature...

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
Originally posted by Eriol
I passed the Expert test on Saturday without any mistakes... and that means it is too easy! On the old scheme no one but Grond would be an expert :D.

Congratulations Eriol!!
Everybody is taking Expert Level,I suppose I should take it too as soon as possible.:(

Manveru

(former)blue angel of GoT
Reaction score
Originally posted by Eriol

The Last of the Righteous!;):D

C'mon, Eriol, aren't you too modest...

I consider you (along with some other people as well) as one worthy of an expert rank, but maybe because I'm so far behind you guys...:(

Beleg

Fading
Reaction score
Congragulations Eriol!!!!

I still have a long way to go before achieving Expert status.

:(

The second time I tried it I got four questions wrong. :(

And Congragulations Khor'nagan. :)

Confusticated

Reaction score
Expert test - 'Istari' question...

I went back and took the test again, this time I knew which answer you all were looking for, however I think it is still wrong. I'm sure you don't want me to post it here... and I said you could PM me if you want to know what it is, but no one did.

This question is wrong or at least two answers are right... though IMO the 'right' answer is not as good as one of the 'wrong' ones is. There is a better answer not found in UT, but since the question has (UT) after it, perhaps that qualifies the question as being correct afterall? But I have taken the (UT) to have the purpose of informing people where the answer can be found, so if you are looking for the UT answer and not the PoME answer, the question should at least specify 'according to UT...'

It is beyond me why no one asked why I thought this question was wrong a few weeks ago when I first posted.

I'd have PM'd someone about it, but last time I did this thread was started to prevent Lhunithiliel from being bombarded :D.

Lhunithiliel

Fëanorean
Reaction score
First of all, Eri, CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D

I'll put the rank next to your name in the Members' List but it's your free will to put it or not in your sig. (I know, I wouldn't put such a rank for myself!) ;)

Now... the others, who have passed the Expert Level - I hope you won't be offended by my above remark! :rolleyes: I DO respect your efforts and knowledge to pass that level!

But ALL please, remember that in less than 2 months all the Ranks MUST be "updated" passing the the new questions in each level. :p

Nom, PM me please and try to explain to me the problem with the Istari-Q as plain and simple as you can. OK?

Originally posted by Bethelarien
This humble one has only passed for Journeyman rank. Pobre yo. *cries and then hides*
Beth PLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE,
WILL YOU ONCE AND FOR ALL TIMES ;) tell me whether you are or you are not a member of our guild! ? ! ?

I just can't understand!

G-G tells me you are and that you haven't "resigned"... Will you confirm your membership? (which of course should be done NOT only by saying a simple "Yes", I guess)

AND ONE SMALL REMARK : There is a thread called Testing and Ranking

Shall we announce our passed levels there and keep this place ONLY for comments on the test itself? Please?

Bethelarien

The Lost Evenstar
Reaction score
GG, me love, she meant me.

Lhun, I have not resigned, nor do I have any intention to do so. I will admit that I have been much less active than I would like as of late, but I've been busy running GoE, since Scatha's been gone. I intend for my activity in this guild to increase very much. I will remain a member of this guild unless I am asked (or forced) to leave.

My apologies for any confusion. I had thought this was already cleared up.

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bethelarien
Yes, GG. :D After losing all my information, it's taking a while to reconstruct it. But I'm trying. :p
I hope 10 days are ok,because I'm going to make some changes in the Gallery and I INSIST on posting every SINGLE biography which is late.

BlackCaptain

Vast Menace of Despair
Reaction score
Hmm. . . I got one away from the superior thing. I think there were 4 quizes right? If there was i got past the 3d one... so what would that make me again?

Thread suggestions