🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Search.....

Angoreth

Queen of an unknown city
Joined
Jan 18, 2003
Messages
493
Reaction score
0
Location
Good question...
then it shall be" he yelled back, as they entered they saw Gandalf sitting at a tall table with many maps laid out.
 

Theoden_king

Man in the street
Joined
Jan 21, 2003
Messages
399
Reaction score
0
Location
Derbyshire, England
Thenedor walked quite uncomfortably upto Gandalf "Hello Gandalf....I er mean sir or erm." Thenedor stopped himself with a blush "What are all these maps of?" he asked to quickly change the subject
 

Angoreth

Queen of an unknown city
Joined
Jan 18, 2003
Messages
493
Reaction score
0
Location
Good question...
Gandalf smiled at the young man"storm crow or Gandalf would suit me fine" he smiled."and these maps are the lay out of helm's deep, and these should show us of any weak spot it may have andwe could guard" he said as he pointed to the maps as Bagen Thenedor and Angoreth sat down.
 

Frodorocks

Ban - Albannach
Joined
May 26, 2002
Messages
481
Reaction score
0
Location
Scotland of the Mist and Storm
OOC: Um, are you guys in the same place as I am? :confused: I'm confused.:) I don't know why Jesse left me in charge, I barely ever post, and right now I don't even know where I'm supposed to be, so if you guys want to, you can pick a new leader.
 

Angoreth

Queen of an unknown city
Joined
Jan 18, 2003
Messages
493
Reaction score
0
Location
Good question...
OOC:
I Nominate......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................MYSELF!!!!!!!,lol.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
 

Mablung

aka Mablung
Joined
Dec 1, 2002
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
0
Location
Whither and thither
ooc:Yeah Angoreth is the best choice.

Lolik rose early in the morning and went about preparations for their long journey to Helm's Deep. When everything was done he went up to Famrill's room. He knocked on the door. "Famrill? Its time for us to go."
 

Angoreth

Queen of an unknown city
Joined
Jan 18, 2003
Messages
493
Reaction score
0
Location
Good question...
OOC: I was just playing, to vote for myself is selfish* slaps hand* I am sorry*frowns*:( :D , I vote for who ever the company votes for!




IC: Famrill came from the nice huge window in her room and opened the door." I am ready I have been ever sence the dawn" she reply'd as she opened the door to reveal all her belongins packed and ready to go." I shall ready the horses while you say good bye to your family" she said sa she picked up her things and headed towards the door where Lolik stood.


Mean while....



Angoreth stood in the left corner of the small shelter as she watched Gandalf go over the maps with Bagen and Thenedor would some times give helpful thoughs and Gandalf would reaply"Hmm... never thought of that, good job." she smiled eached time for small not wanting to show pride smile came over Thenedors face and Sarin would of course be descussing the placments of all things.Angoreth watched as Gandalf came to a part of the wall that looked Odly strange from the rest,"Wait" Angoreth said quietly to catch his attintion." What?" he reply'd, "well for what reason does that wall look different form the rest?" she asked as she pointed to the part of the map that Gandalf went over quickly."That?" he said as he pointed to what seemed like a water flow underneath a small hole." What is that for?" she asked," That is so enough water supplie may reach th other side of the wall and we will not die of thirst and is what will help for the wounded to clean there cuts" he said as he looked up at the Elf," Is there a reason you ask?" he said questiongly,"well it is just, it looked odd to me and I would like to know what is was" she said as she began to feel very odd herself," There is nothing to worry " he said assuringly."Alright then" she said with a sigh," I think I will step out for a bit of fresh air it is a tad bit stuffy in here" she said as she opened th small door and stepped out.
 

Mablung

aka Mablung
Joined
Dec 1, 2002
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
0
Location
Whither and thither
ooc: Yeah well I vote for you Gandalf :p


"Let us go find Caitlin then make all due haste to Helm's Deep. The journey will be long, but we must make it anyway. I have said my goodbyes now let us leave." He saddled his horse then when Famrill did the same they took off for the Inn to get Caitlin.
 

Angoreth

Queen of an unknown city
Joined
Jan 18, 2003
Messages
493
Reaction score
0
Location
Good question...
OOC: WELL...WEll...... I hate not having a come back,darn! You win this round! But I'll be back. I like doing the meanwhile,lol.




Famrill tightened the straps on her horse and mounted it" It will be good to know she and jesse are o.k." she said not knowing what had happened.


Mean while at helms deep....


Angoreth took to the steps and came to the top of the wall. As she stood there she lined up the lind with the map in her memory."I still have doubts about the water ho;e" she thought to herself.




Mean while in the shelter.....



Gandalf looked over the next map very carfuly, as trying to make a choice as to where to line up all the ground men." I think it a wise chioce to line most of the men some tweenty steps away from the door" ahe said as he pointed to the front gate( which he refered to as the door).Bagen took up the map looking at what he had said" why do you wish them so far back?" he asked as he layed the map back down on the table." so that if the enemy should get in, which I am hoping will not happen, that when they charge in it will give anough ground space between our men and the orc's" he said as he pointed to the other side of the gate.
 

Angoreth

Queen of an unknown city
Joined
Jan 18, 2003
Messages
493
Reaction score
0
Location
Good question...
OOC: no it woulden't make me to busy, actually I am quite bored most of the time for nothing to do,lol. But still I we should wait for theodens vote, i think all of the fellowship should have a say.
 

Theoden_king

Man in the street
Joined
Jan 21, 2003
Messages
399
Reaction score
0
Location
Derbyshire, England
OOC: I hate to be a sheep but I agree with everyone else, Angoreth for the new leader.

IC: Thenedor spent some time pondering over the maps then turning to Gandalf and Bagen he said "Sirs who will be leading the company of men on the ground? I would like to meet my captain for this battle"
 

Angoreth

Queen of an unknown city
Joined
Jan 18, 2003
Messages
493
Reaction score
0
Location
Good question...
OOC: Sheep I see noe sheep,lol. But o.k. then , I guess thank you all, but if there is something I am doing wronge I want some one to call me on it please, that way no one is unhappy!


IC: "Well" Gandalf said as he took his eye's from the map and looked at Thenedor. "That is one question I have not been asked and there is no answer, for there is no leader of the ground I have completly over looked that" he said as he looked at Bagen and winked with the eye that Thenedor could not see. "Where are we going to find one on such short notice" He then looked at Thenedor," Perhaps you might be of some help, my young friend?" he said looking at the young Mithril knight. " Might you aid our gournd men in leading them in this war?" he said as he looked upon him and waiting for an answer.
 

Angoreth

Queen of an unknown city
Joined
Jan 18, 2003
Messages
493
Reaction score
0
Location
Good question...
Gandalf looked upon him with keen eye's " Yes I know very well you are not experienced, but there is a time to lead and a time to ask questions, there is a time to watch for a comanding officer and there is a time to take the stand into your own hands" he said not releasing Thenedor from his gaze, " You see the question is not if you are experienced enough my lad, the question is... are you willing to step out and test yourself and take this charge into your hands? Many great men have found there greatness in stepping out and taking charge" When he had finished these words he let his gaze down and looked back down at the maps.


Angoreth stood on the wall still lining up the ground layouts with the map. The sun was drwaing into evening and she came down from the wall. "Will we have the streangth to last through this war?" she thought as she looked around at all the men in armor. " There seem's to be enough... but is it really?" she thought more on this.
 

Mablung

aka Mablung
Joined
Dec 1, 2002
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
0
Location
Whither and thither
Sarin stood up straight from leaning on the wall. "We do indeed. If not we will die trying. Either way this won't take too much longer. Remember though its a wizard we're up against and they die just as easily as anything else. Sorry Olorin its true. You are mortal in these lands and so is he."
 

Theoden_king

Man in the street
Joined
Jan 21, 2003
Messages
399
Reaction score
0
Location
Derbyshire, England
OOC: Olorin is Gandalf, it's in the Sillmarillion

IC: Thenedor stood in shock, he never imagined that he would be called upon to lead a host of men, no matter how small. After what seemed like an age Thenedor bowed low to Gandalf
"I will take this responsibility my lord and I will not let you down"
Thenedor turned away from the maps
"will we have time to get some rest and perhaps some food?" He asked to anyone who knew an answer
 

Angoreth

Queen of an unknown city
Joined
Jan 18, 2003
Messages
493
Reaction score
0
Location
Good question...
OOC: Oh o.k., I new I should have read the book. I will soon hopfuly.





IC: Gandalf looked up at Sarin, " That may be, young monk, but to all his own streangth, will and wisdom" he said looking back down at the map's. " And yes, I suppose the time to eat should be drawing near" he said as he stood and put his hat on his head. " I will go see to it" said Bagen, " Gandalf can you join me? I must ask you something" he asked Gandalf as they went out form the shelter. " yes, I will come. " Gandalf turned to Sarin and Thenedor, "One of you go and find Angoreth, it is time I discussed many thing's with you three" He said, and with that left them. "Lolik and Famrill should be here soon with Caitlin" he said calling over his shoulder.




Mean while heading towards the inn where caitlin wait....


Lolik and Famrill had reached the inn, "Well do you wish to get her and I watch the horses? or the other way around?" she asked waiting for a reply.
 

Frodorocks

Ban - Albannach
Joined
May 26, 2002
Messages
481
Reaction score
0
Location
Scotland of the Mist and Storm
Caitlin saw Lolik and Famrill ride up on their horses and ran out to greet them. "Hello.:) Perhaps you'd like to come inside and rest for awhile? I don't know if you've heard yet, but Jesse has left our quest. I think he needed to do some soul searching and think, and unfortunately he had to do it alone."
 

Thread suggestions

Top