🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Simpsons Society

Theoden_king

Man in the street
Reaction score
Originally posted by Firnnovien
JRR Toykins?
Yes that is right,

originally posted by CelebthĂ´l
I no its something really cheesy right? and its like Toykins right? its on the door handles...
No I think it was on the top of the shop, but it may have been on the door handles as well

BlackCaptain

Vast Menace of Despair
Reaction score
JRR Toykins? Wow... Ya think they might have tried to get a twist of JRR Tolkien in there?

Feanorian

Reaction score
Homer Copying

Has anyone seen how after Homer all comedic cartoons have a stupid character very similar to Homer. One such example would be Peter from Family Guy which by the way is almost as funny as The Simpsons and Bill from King of The Hill they both have similar Homer manerisms. Infact in one episode they made fun of Family Guy and Peter although I cant remember the exact episode.

BlackCaptain

Vast Menace of Despair
Reaction score
I've noticed that...

It's just cuz the average beer drinking, fat, lazy 40 year old, heart-conditioned man is funny for some reason... Especialy on FOX.:rolleyes:

L

laurelindorenan

The King of the Hill family... I think they were in the episode where Ned becomes coach of the football team.

Aulë

The Larrikin
Reaction score
lol
Have you guys seen the episode of South Park where they copy The Simpsons?
It was hilarious :D

Update: This Society now caters for South Park, King Of The Hill and Family Guy!!!

Khôr’nagan

Ar-Zigûrlôkhî
Reaction score
Who in the what now? I wanna join:D The Simpsons is just so fricken awesome. The only cartoons I find funnier are Monty Python cartoons... (Those things are really funny!) Anyway, I'm asuming all you's peoples know where the simpsons live. Even rookies can figure that one out. And yes, Hank, Peggy, and Bobby were sitting in the stands during a game in the episode where Ned was the coach and stuff... I believe it went, "HANK: We (came or drove) 2000 miles for this?!" So anyway... I've just asked my trivia question; What state do the Simpson's live in?

Aulë

The Larrikin
Reaction score
Have any of you seen the Simpsons episode where Gollum appears?
He jumps out of a wagon, grabs a bag of rubbish, and hisses "My preciousssssssss" before crawling back into the wagon :D

BlackCaptain

Vast Menace of Despair
Reaction score
I haven't! Oh man now I wanna see it!!!

And, I REALLLY want to know what state the Simpsonn's live in. How do you knokw?!

Aulë

The Larrikin
Reaction score
No one knows.
Matt Groening has never revealed it.
Why, you ask? Because the Simpsons are FICTIONAL!

Some people keep on coming up with theories (Like we discussed earlier on in this thread), but Springfield does not belong to any U.S. state.

Khôr’nagan

Ar-Zigûrlôkhî
Reaction score
Kentucky. They said so in the "Behind-The-Scenes" special they did. It went something like, "What's this Kentucky family going to do next?" I forget the exact context, but I do remember 'thiis Kentucky family' very vividly. I believe they did it in a way that you weren't paying attention to what they were saying at the time, like drawing your attention toward something going on on the screen rather than what's being said. I didn't even notice it when I watched it, my friend said later that they said it, and sure enough, the next time I saw it, it was there. (By the way, the comment 'Even rookies can figure that one out' was sarcastic.)

BlackCaptain

Vast Menace of Despair
Reaction score
Ohhh yeah I remember that! I think that would be too obvious though wouldn't it?

Thread suggestions