🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Tears of the Wind

Ledreanne313

Reaction score
Along the Nimrodel lay a small little inn. With silver walls and marble floors, and three stables behind. A silver fence surrounds the grassy field in front. In the field stood grazing twelve horses. On the tall door was a sign that read ‘The Tears of the Wind inn’ in the common tongue. The first room had many silver tables with beautiful silver chair with black seats. In the back stood a high counter (with stairs for shorter guests). On the wall, in black metal vines, hung candles with green glass coverings that made the room glow green. Behind the counter stood Ledreanne, an Elf maiden of Eryn Lasgalen. She owns this inn with her family and with a dear friend, Serendi. Next the counter was a door, which led to rooms for all sizes. In that room (which is known as the lounge) was a small stage for singing and dancing, which the family did much of. They also served food and drink in the ‘lounge’:

Menus:
Drinks-
-water
-Fruit Juice
-Herb Tea (hot or cold)
-Red wine
-Fruit Necter
Food-
-Salads
-Fruit
-Venison
-Fish
-Herb salads

Horses stay for free. Food and drink is free with a stay at the inn, which is low cost.
The inn is now open, all races welcome!

Last edited:

YayGollum

Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
Columbia, South Carolina, the United States of Nor
A short and pretty hairy looking Beorning wearing a very hodge-podge set of armour and a raven on his shoulder stomps in. A giant eagle hops in after him. They both grab chairs, the giant eagle balancing on two. The Beorning looks around for the service and when his eyes land on the elf lady, he rolls them all over the place. "We'll have a couple of v&fs over here, lady!" He then leans over to the giant eagle and quietly says, "Why are elves everywhere?" The giant eagle ignores the question and keeps staring at the chairs. "Now these would look good up in an eyrie!"

Sarah

Pervy Hobbit Fancier
Reaction score
A tall, slim woman with curley dark red hair walks in and looks around. Seeing only the bartender, a Beorning and an eagle, the woman sits at an empty table. "I'll have a red wine" she says to the bartender. And she sits, and waits...

Ledreanne313

Reaction score
Ledreanne watches as the 2 guests enter. 'I'm sorry, my lord, what was that you wanted?' And looking to the tall maiden 'Mae Govannen. Oh, I mean, Welcome!' Then another elf comes out from behind the counter. 'Imtary, will you please get this fair woman a wine?' 'Sure, Anne.' Then he calls 'Silamenn, someone has arrived.' Then out comes another, very tall and fair. Then looking to the guests says 'Do you have any horses to take to the stables?'

OOC: Thanks! You don't have to stay long if you don't want to though!, Yay.

Sarah

Pervy Hobbit Fancier
Reaction score
The woman recieves her wine with a "thank you" and continues to observe the goings on around her.

Ledreanne313

Reaction score
Ledreanne looks to the maiden. Then calls 'Linialanor!' Out comes her small, petite sister, Linialanor. 'Will you not play your lyre for our fine guests?' Then she takes out her lyre and goes on the stage and plays a merry tune while dancing about. Then Ledreanne starts to clap her hands to the beat and mummbling some song in her own language.

YayGollum

Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
OOC: I don't commit to threads, then give up on them for no good reason, lady. I'll stick around.

IC: The Beorning turns to the lady talking to him and says with annoyance, "We asked for a couple of v&fs. Those are made of vodka and bits of raw fish. It's a Beorning specialty. You've never heard of it? I hope you have the ingredients. Oh, and I already put my horse in the stable. Is that alright? I didn't see anyone back there to do it for me."

The giant eagle looks around at all of the little ladies that are suddenly appearing. "I'm getting hungry! Do you have anything still alive back there for me? I'd like a lamb, if you have one."

Ledreanne313

Reaction score
'I am sorry, my lord, I have never heard it. And I do not think that we have the ingedience...well, we have fish, yet...um...none of that Vodka you speak of. I am terribely Sorry, Lord.' She says. 'Well, we have a basket of fish... would you be wanting some?' She asks the Eagle. She goes back behind the counter and does other things then returns and stands around, toying with some silver chains on her arm. She does not know really what to do. Then looking to the guests and says, difficult to understand for her accent 'And where be your dwellings, my Lord and Lady? Do you live nearby? For I come from Eryn Lasgalen, the woodland realm also known as...Mirkwood when there was a shadow.' She looked down and seemed very sad by mentioning 'Mirkwood' 'I am terribely sorry for my...thick accent. For I am not used to the common tounge. I am adapting fast though. I am still building my vocabulary.'

OOC: Thanks For Sticking Around, my Lord!

MrsElijahWood

Reaction score
A tall, fair elf maiden walks in and looks around at the inhabbitants. She is dressed in dark plum with a lavender cloak brushed with jewels. Her dark hair is swept up in a comb of amethysts, her eyes are a shocking violet. She has a most strange companion, at her feet stands a halfling. The hobbit sits down and says "I'll just 'ave an ale, and the lady would like white wine" He gets out his pipe and begins to smoke pipeweed. The fair lady sits but still is silent.

Ledreanne313

Reaction score
'Mae Govan... Welcome' She says, still trying not to use her elvish, slipped once again. 'Welcome, Lord and Lady. An ale? All right. I think we may have some. Oh, I am sorry my lady, yet we do not have any white wine at the moment. How about red?' She said.

YayGollum

Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
OOC: Ack! Ick. No titles for me, thanks!

IC: Truor sighs and grumbles to himself a little, then tugs on the lady's arm to get her attention. "Fine. Bring us some fish. I hope they're alive for Knockondor here. If you don't have v&f, just bring us something else. Your choice. The specialty of the house, if you have one."

While Truor grumbles to himself some more, Knockondor hops off the chairs he was on and strikes a fearsome pose. "I am Knockondor, from the northern Misty Mountains! My father is the lord there! We're always eating the orcs there to keep the trails safe for little people like you! Thank me! Oh, and this is King Truor Tupnm of the Vale of Anduin! I practically raised the guy!"

MrsElijahWood

Reaction score
the hobbit looks up at the woman, "yeah that'd be fine, thanks" The elf woman slightly nods her head and finally says in the common tounge, "Thank you, kind Lady" her voice is deep and rich, with firm power but also a feminine touch.

Ledreanne313

Reaction score
OOC: What do you mean by that?

IC: She looks at everyone around her, seeming to ponder about things (which she does often, always thinks). 'All right. So an Ale, red wine, and... let us make it a... well, my lord, we have many drinks. I will order you a... fruit wine, strawberry! My favorite personally! Is that fine?' She asked Truor. 'Imtary!' SHe called and he came out once more. 'Will you please get an ale, if we have some, a wine, and a strawberry wine. Thank You.' He came over and handed her the wine for the other lady. 'Here you are! Enjoy, my fair maiden.' He said in a merry voice. Then he returned to the back. Ledreanne noticed the large eagle. 'Well then, Knockondor, Welcome. I hope you enjoy your stay.' She was quite entertained by the eagle and wanted to know more of him. 'So, from the Misty Mountains are you? Wonderful mountains. Alas! yet have been overcome with shadow underneath there pure, white snow. How terrible.' She said looking out into the distance with a very sorrowful look. 'Enough of the evil now,' She said shaking her head a little to conseal the grief. 'Son of the lord! How magnifecent! You are a lovely bird! So beautiful...or shall I say handsom!' She said stroking the bird's soft head with her gentle, pale hand. 'You see, I just learned the common tougne, and I am not yet very well with it. And Knowckondor is such a... un-elvish word. I have no other way to discribing it. So..may I call you Vanaawä?' She asked nervously, hoping that he would say yes.

YayGollum

Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
Truor nods and waves distractedly. "And don't forget the fish."

Knockondor fluffs his feathers with all kinds of pride when she flatters him, but pulls away from the lady's hand. "Hey, don't call me some crazy name like that, lady! Knockondor's my name! What's that other thing supposed to mean, anyways?"

OOC: Knockondor, making fun of Thorondor?

Ledreanne313

Reaction score
OOC: I have no idea of what you apeak of!

IC: 'All right. Knockondor I will call you.' She said laughing and say the name very 'chopy'. 'Vanaawä mean 'beautiful bird'. Well, Knock-On-Dor.'She said slowly. 'Do you have a pet name?' *pet meaning nickname* 'Oh yes. Fish for you.' She said refering to Knockondor. 'How many? One..Two? And yes, the are alive!'

VioletFalcon129

Princess Prissy Pants
Reaction score
Serendi, the eastern looking wizard who also owned the inn ran down the stairs and caught her breath. She placed an oil lamp on each table and then lit each one. Feeling a bit foolish, she slinked back over to Ledreane and asked" áva sangamma hanyamëoisnya?".

Ledreanne313

Reaction score
'Úsi! Pedhain!' She replied. 'This is Serendi, the other owner. A wizard...' She introduced the fair lady, dressed in all purple.

VioletFalcon129

Princess Prissy Pants
Reaction score
"Welcome to our inn!" serendi said warmly in a acent almost as heavily elvish as Ledreane's ( it sounds nice too! ha ha ha)." I may warn you of my cats and kittens that are around this place. They woun't harm you, but they may startle you if you don't watch." I hope you enjoy yourselves." she fineshed happily. And then she went into the kitchen.

Ledreanne313

Reaction score
'Si, Ithicara!' She called and one little pure black kitten leaps over. 'I hope you like cats. I will put them upstairs if you are not.' She said to the guests. 'Serendi! ithicara le mereth!' She called back to her. Then she put the kitten down and it walked into the kitchen. Ledreanne smiled. 'Oh yes, I have your fish to retrieve. I will come back...Knock...ondor.' She said, still getting used to his name. She walked over the slow, clumsy kit into the kitchen and came out with a basket of three large fish, still wet and alive. 'Here you are! Enjoy!' She said, and walked back behind the counter.

VioletFalcon129

Princess Prissy Pants
Reaction score
Serendi got a bowl of fish chowder, and gave it to Ledreanne. I hope she enjoys her food." she siad and returned to the kichen again to redecorate the soup kettle...

Thread suggestions