🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Twisting of Elenya

Nenya Evenstar

Reaction score
It was dark. No moon shone in the outside world and no stars twinkled in welcome. It was as though Elbereth had extended her hand and blotted out the thousands of twinkling lights if only for one night. The very air seemed still and heavy, a thick fog hung in drapes in the night, and breathing was laborious. In a dark room with an open window which let in the eerie fog of the dark night, sat Elenya, her head in her hands. She swayed back and forth in a pendular motion chanting a song in words that were unintelligible. Every now and then she cried out as though in pain. The fog crept ever closer. Suddenly, as though seizing its prey, it surrounded the sitting elf in a deathlike embrace. Elenya's head shot up from her hands in one quick motion and her eyes were wide and gleaming with a yellow light. She sat rigidly frozen for a moment, her every muscle tensed, and her eyes filled with a seeming demonic presence. The fog slowly filled the entire room and Elenya fell backwards onto her bed with a shrill cry that echoed out of the open window and into the night. There she lay, awake and yet asleep, in an unearthly daze.

Last edited:

Dáin Ironfoot I

Vive la revolution!
Reaction score
Falim woke with a startle, sweat upon his brow, like cold droplets of death. Some terrible shriek had awoken him from his slumber, giving him nightmares and memories of the destruction of Moria. Again he heard it, the cry of pain and terror rattled the black armor that hung on the wall. Falim crawled out of his bedding and clutched Narag-zigil, its glimmer could not be seen for the sky was overcast with a dreadful fog. Lighting a torch with a slab of flint and steel, he saw an eerie glow pouring from Elenya' cabin like a faint glow of gold. He suited himself in his armor, for he never was seen without it, and grabbing Narag-zigil he headed for her cabin. Trotting slowly, his feet crunching the leaves, he entered the cabin, spear in hand, but no one was there.

Nenya Evenstar

Reaction score
Elenya walked around her cabin in circles with both arms held out in front of her. Her eyes were mostly closed except for when she opened them to round a corner. She seemed to wail under her breath in slow repititious patterns as though weeping. Suddenly she stopped frozen, her arms dropping to her side. A dark figure she looked standing there in the dark night. Elenya did not notice the eerie light surrounding herself and the cabin for everything to her was dark. Suddenly, in the deeps of Elenya's darkness, a piercing white light broke through. She fell forward on her knees, sobbing and reaching out towards the light with all her heart. Her fingers almost touched it, but then her knees gave way and she fell on her face, bruising her cheek on the cold ground. Her fingers brushed past the light, but missed it, and then light receeded until it was no more. A cry of desperation escaped from Elenya's lips as she tried to find the light, but to no avail. It had slipped away and was no more. The cry died on the elf's lips and she became suddenly still. She stood on her feet and turned towards the cabin. Standing there was a dwarf. Elenya's eyes turned a livid yellow, and she sprang towards the dwarf, snarling. Her teeth bared and her hands became living knives. Falim felt the feel of teeth sink deep into his neck, and he felt ice cold strong fingers grasp his neck in a steel-hard hold.

Last edited:

Dáin Ironfoot I

Vive la revolution!
Reaction score
She sprang out from behind her bed, her teeth gleaming in the pale moonlight. But Falim had not enough time to prepare himself for the vicious attack, and he was slammed backwards into the wall, Elenya savagely ripping his throat with her barbaric fingers, and her teeth mauling his skin. With a bellow that came from deep within him like fire escaping a furnace, he leaped in the air, bringing the crazed Elf with him, and slammed her to the floor. She screamed like a dying thing, and Falim delivered a powerful blow to her once slender jaw. It broke her face, disfiguring her even more, for her skin had turned black and dead, and her eyes glowing with malice. Her fair hair had burned and leapt into a wild arrangement upon her twisted face, which now drooped from the Dwarf's punch; her tongue hung out like a great pink worm, bleeding and withering. Falim stood back in horror, as Elenya slowly picked herself off from the ground and picked up a shining dagger. She hurled it through the air straight at Falim, and it hit him in his chest, piercing the black armor like an evil dart. He cried out in pain, but readied Narag-zigil to the fighting position. Tears poured down his face, for he knew what he must do.

Nenya Evenstar

Reaction score
Elenya's face was devoid of any expression except for hate. She snarled like a beast and cried out as though in pain, though no pain showed on her face -- only an expressionless look which spoke of the wish to consume. There was no acknowledgment in the elf's eyes of Falim's raised spear, no look of fear, but only a terrible, ghastly look. Elenya stood staring at Falim like a beast cornering its prey, for Falim seemed to hesitate. With his spear held high and his face dripping with tears, the dwarf could not bring himself to kill the elf before him. But Elenya seemed unaware of the conflicting passions within the dwarf. She stood staring at him, her face a horribly bloodied disconfiguration of disgust and hate, and the lunged for his throat, two knives in her hands.

Dáin Ironfoot I

Vive la revolution!
Reaction score
Elenya was gone, an evil mood had taken her and made her foul. Falim dodged her first swipe, the knife slicing his cheek with a sound of tearing flesh, and rolled to the side to dodge the second. She screamed, her mouth opening like a vast cavern in which naught could be seen but blackness. With great reluctance, the Dwarf went to the offensive instead of the defesive. Pulling the knife from his chest, he hurled it at her tortured body and it sunk deep into her shoulder, their bloods mixing. She screamed once more, but this time it was like a wounded animal which could walk no longer and needed death. Sensing her internal pain, Falim raised Narag-zigil and plunged it deep into her stomach. Blood poured out of her, but it was black and cold, and stained the floor forever with a puddle of death. Falim removed the spear, and thrust it again, this time into her chest; he wept with guilt and sorrow as he thrust deeper, and deeper, and finally through her back with a sickening pop. She collapsed upon the spear, slowly sinking towards the Dwarf, and Falim let Narag-zigil fall to the floor for he could not bear to hold the weapon he had impaled this fair soul with. He looked down into her eyes with pity, and she gazed up at him; she was Elenya once again. Falim was weary from his wounds, and Elenya saw the damage she had done, for Falim was bleeding profusely like a leaking wine casket. She gasped for air, but none came, and her eyes filled with guilt for what she had done in her possession. But the Elf had no time to apologize for her spirit had left this world, and came to the great Halls from beyond the Sea.

Falim had passed into darkness as well, but before he faded from consciousness, a figure appeared in the doorway, and started to care for his dying body.

Eol

Reaction score
Celebrien entered the room after waking from the unearthly screams to see a dying dwarf and Elenya slain on the floor. "By the Valar what madness took these who were once friends?" He quickly pulled miruvor from his pack and Dain gratefully swallowed nearly half of it. Celebrien tore his cloak in two and wrapped it around the dwarfs badly injured body. Falim fell into a deep sleep and Celebrien sat next to him waiting for his awakening.

Nenya Evenstar

Reaction score
A deep voice suddenly spoke from behind Celebrien. "Whatever happened?" it said. Celebrien turned to see a dwarf standing in the doorway, his beard neatly brushed and braided and his hands spotlessly clean. The dwarf gave a cry and ran to the Falim's side. "He is injured!" the dwarf cried out, "come, help, help me get him somewhere. He needs some nice stone halls is what he needs. These cabins of your's just aren't going to do the trick!"

Celebrien nodded, "Yes, good Sir," he said, "but the best I can do is bring him so his cabin.

A curious grin flickered on the edges of the dwarf's mouth, an almost soft grin. "Come then!" the dwarf grunted, " let us move him! And the elf... I do suppose she needs tended to as well. It looks as though there was foul play afoot!"

Celebrien and the dwarf, who still remained annonymous, carried the bleeding body of Falim into his cabin. After lying him upon the sheets, the dwarf studied the wounds intently. "Hmmm..." he said, a twinkle coming into his eyes, "he will be alright! Sir! bring me a few cloths, some warm water, and uhh... that's it I believe." Celbrien looked in wonder at this dwarf but did as he was bid. Until he returned with the desired items, the dwarf sat next to Falim's bed and sang in his deep, yet soft, voice. "Eh, there you are!" he said as soon as Celebrien walked through the door. "Come! I must be quick!"

"Yes, my good sir!" Celebrien replied.

Another smile played upon the corners of the dwarf's mouth, and this time he let out a small chuckle. "Ho, ho! Now is not the time for merriment!" He brought out a small tube of ointment from a pouch hidden beneath his clothes and put a dab on each cloth. He then soaked it in the warm water for a minute before applying it to the wounds. "This here dwarf will be better in no time!" He said, still playing with a grin.

Mablung

aka Mablung
Reaction score
Being woken by the screams of death Maegelen stayed in his cabin for awhile before venturing out not hearing anything else. In his hands he held his weapons the mithril in them shining faintly in the light like drops of mercury on velvet. He smelled blood on the air and walks into the cabin where the battle took place. "Oh Lord Elenya." He stumbled over then put his weapons on his back and picked her up. Catching droplets of crimson in his eye he followed the trail of blood that Falim left and stumbled into the room where they were treating him with her body and set her down on the floor. Then he checked her wounds. "She has passed to the great Halls I fear." With that he hung his head in sadness and contemplation.

Dáin Ironfoot I

Vive la revolution!
Reaction score
Falim awoke from his dark dream feeling sore and raw, like a piece of meat that has been hammered for too long. "Where am I, what has happened to me?" Falim questioned to no one in particular. Sitting up in the bed he saw two figures wrapping Elenya's impaled corpse in white linen. Hearing his voice, a Dwarf stood up and came to his bedside, along with a tall slender Elf that Falim recognized as Celebrien. The Dwarf smiling broadly said, "Well my kinsman, it is good to see you again. By the looks of it, the Elf was taken by a foul mood of the remnants of the Black Breath that still lingers in Middle Earth." Falim looked at the Dwarf in confusion but then laughed for it was Kilease Ironfoot, the lovliest Dwarf in all of Middle Earth, and the wife to his cousin Dain. "Well fair Dame, how are the tidings from Erebor, and how fares Dain?"

Nenya Evenstar

Reaction score
Kilease smiled, as fair as a female dwarf could manage. "Well, Falim," she replied, "Dain was doing well when I last saw him..." a small frown creased her forehead. "I have not seen him for what seems like a good many years, though it has not been that long. He left the Halls of Erebor not long past and I have been ruling in his stead. However, grave deeds have overtaken those halls! I fear for them! I have come to seek counsel, for I know that if I stay things will not go well for the fair dwarven kingdom!"

"What?" Falim's face showed astonishment.

"Come! What am I doing!" Kilease burst out. "This is NOT the place for me to be carrying on so! I should know better!" Smiling once more, she said reassuringly, "You must sleep and get better! You have been gravely wounded. I should not have put such worries on your mind so soon! Now, sleep!" Her manner, though kind and soft, spoke of strength and poise. When Kilease Ironfoot said something, she expected that something to be done.

Thread suggestions