🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Tolkien-addiction

When did your Tolkien-addiction started?

• Total voters

user16578

Retired
Reaction score
My addiction started when I was 12, just out of primary school...
Yours?

Narsere

Reaction score
I think I read Tolkien for the first time when I was around 9 or 10, but I understood absolutely nothing!!!
I re-read LotR couple of years later (around 12 or 13, I believe) and feel madly in love :p So in terms of "addiction" I would say around that age.

CirdanLinweilin

The Wandering Wastrel
Reaction score
I think I read Tolkien for the first time when I was around 9 or 10, but I understood absolutely nothing!!!
I re-read LotR couple of years later (around 12 or 13, I believe) and feel madly in love :p So in terms of "addiction" I would say around that age.
Welcome to the forums!

Mine started when I started and finished Fellowship in 2016 when my sister was getting married. It consummated itself when I finished LOTR.

Now, I am reading The Hobbit, have to pick up The Silmarillion again.

But yeah!

:)

CL

user16578

Retired
Reaction score
:) madly in love sounds better though ... :)

Welcome to the forums!

Mine started when I started and finished Fellowship in 2016 when my sister was getting married. It consummated itself when I finished LOTR.

Now, I am reading The Hobbit, have to pick up The Silmarillion again.

But yeah!

:)

CL
Once in a while I start all over again from the beginning, the Silmarillion, The Hobbit, LOTR and the Middle Earth Cycle, indeed consuming all of it :)

Starbrow

Tolkien Fan
Reaction score
I first read The Hobbit when I was 12 or 13, but I didn't get hooked then. I had to read it for English class when I was 14 and fell in love with it. I have been addicted to Tolkien for 53 years and have no intention of stopping.

user16578

Retired
Reaction score
I first read The Hobbit when I was 12 or 13, but I didn't get hooked then. I had to read it for English class when I was 14 and fell in love with it. I have been addicted to Tolkien for 53 years and have no intention of stopping.
Same here :)

Thread suggestions