🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Tolkien Characters

G

GreenDragon

I'm sure this question has probably been asked allready, but being new to the board, I was wondering, Which Tolkein character reminds you most of yourself?

gd

Grond

Morgoth's Mace
Reaction score
Actually, it would be Boromir. I'm athletic, strong willed, always thinking of doing good, but at any cost. Looking for short cuts when the long way would be better. Respectful and respected.

And yes, pierced by many orc arrows. (aka election blues)

YayGollum

Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
Columbia, South Carolina, the United States of Nor
Am I like Gollum? I kind of hope so because he's so cool, but I kind of hope not because he's so everything that's wrong with him. There, see, I have an internal conflict, that's like Gollum!:) I guess that I'm also like Merry or Pippin, not much use, but ready to mess things up or get lucky sometimes. I was just trying to say what I thought about how I was like someone in the books. I still hate hobbitses!:mad:

Moose

Reaction score
I like to think of myself as being like...

Aragorn, or even Boromir. In all actuallity though I'm probably more like Denethor.

Denethor was one of the most misunderstood characters in the book, INHO. He wanted the old grandeur of Gondor to return and was willing to do whatever was necessary to attain that goal. The problem was he was ensnared, by the same device as Saruman mind you, by Sauron as he didn't have the strength of will to maintain control of the palantir.

So, in a lot of ways I like Denethor, I haven't been snared to evil (yet anyway).

Just my thoughts,
Moose

Lantarion

no house
Reaction score
Perhaps Legolas, as I like archery, I am good at making friends, and I always want to learn more about the world and ancient times.. *sigh* :)

Merry

Has chubby cheeks
Reaction score
I would be like Merry, not the bravest in the world but has an inner strength that helps him get through problems etc. Very loyal friend and willing to help anyone in trouble.

In stature I am more like Aragorn, tall and firm standing. (not as wise though:) )

Tar-Steve

Reaction score
THAT IS A GREAT THREAD TOPIC! I LOVE IT!

I guess I'm sort of a Merry, Frodo, Faramir concoction. There has to be some hobbit in me because I love beer, food, and mushrooms. I would also be a happy smoker if it were not for the obvious health issues.

Greymantle

Reaction score
Yes, great thread!
We end up sounding so arrogant, comparing ourselves to the great characters of LotR...hehe...
I'd have to say Faramir. Something about his manner and bearing reminds me of myself... though I'm not much of a warrior-type!
It would be interesting to compare the results of this thread to Mike and Kem's thing about the "characters" of some of the Forum members. Tal and mine are the same, but I don't really remember the other ones. If Telchar starts going on about being Elrond...

Kit Baggins

Thain Kit I
Reaction score
I suppose I'm most like Sam, really. I'm not really very brave unless I have to be, and I'll stick with my friends, no matter what.
Actually, this is quite strange :rolleyes: ...
My best friend Marie reminds me a lot of Frodo, my other friend Emily is like Pippin (she's the one with the sense of humour in our group), and there's a boy in my class called Joel who's so like Gollum, it's scary. No offense to YayGollum here, but Joel is a small, scrawny, ugly creature of indeterminate species. He has a strange way of talking, and is really nice to Marie but treats me with contempt.
I can't think of any more people just now...

~Kit :p

Rosie Cotton

Reaction score
I guess that I'm most like Frodo, with a bit of Treebeard in me. I always try to do the right thing, even when it's not in my best interest, and I usually take my good old time thinking about things before I act. Well, I try to be like Frodo with a bit of Treebeard anyway. I'm not sure I really act like that, but hey at least I try. :)

R

ReadWryt

Ugkúk! Break things...Kill the great Warrior!! Eat man's flesh and lounge about all day in my attractive blazer with the nifty White Hand embroidered on the pocket...

Ancalagon

Quality, not Quantity!
Reaction score
I always found I resembled a Dragon of Old, Ancalagon, big, ugly with nasty pointy teeth and a problem falling on large mountian ranges.

Oh for the sake of Eru, would you stop that, Its taken 4 years to rebuild those towers on Thangorodrim! - Bob The Builder (3rd Age, Middle-Earth)

Lantarion

no house
Reaction score
Ugkuk, eh RW? Must be an interesting character, as he doesn't exist! :p
heehee, Perfectionist Man strikes again; always on the call, humiliating and correcting dangerous criminals all around the globe!
:D

R

ReadWryt

I was so darned busy trying to find the "u" with the accent that I misspelled Uglúk! Bahahahahah

Rian

Reaction score
The hobbits remind me the most about myself. They enjoy the simple things in life like food and drink, but there is a hidden strength to them.

Mr. Underhill

Reaction score
I'm probably more like Sam than any other character. I'm a simple guy who likes to garden and stay out of trouble ... but should trouble occur I'm sure to rise to the occasion. I'm not the hero - just his sidekick - but important to his quest nonetheless. And I'm definetly loyal to my friends above and beyond what may be best for myself.

Thread suggestions