🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Tolkien related topics

Elbereth

Star Queen of Valinor
Reaction score
Surprise...I haven't left yet...so before I do slip away to nothingness on TTF....I want to make sure that the Periaur are moving in the right track. And the way to do this is to bring Tolkien to the Periaur Guild.

I want you to feel open to discuss Tolkien in this guild. So therefore, I challange you all to start at least one Tolkien related topic in this guild.

The person who comes up with the best Tolkien related thread in the guild of Periaur will be awarded a special title. I will come on here periodically to check out the progress and I will award the winner in a few weeks. So get out there and start discussing!!!

Legolam

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
Brilliant idea Elbe. Things seem to have gotten a little out of hand whilst I've been away writing my case report this week!! I have a suggestion for the Periaur too, to squash once and for all the rumours that we're just a bunch of Tweens hanging out and not doing Tolkien stuff.

As well as thinking up a great idea for Elbe's prize (what is it Elbe, I'm dying to know!!), I think we should take turns to come up with a great question to post in one of the main book sections. Once a week, one of the Periaur should open one of their books at a random page, read it, come up with an interesting question (there's one on every page!) and post it. The rest of us then have to look at that post and reply with an interesting and argumentative post.

I'll be first tomorrow! And I'm going to go for that prize too ;)

Elbereth

Star Queen of Valinor
Reaction score
Great idea Legolam! We can definately do that...but let's also have a few discussions in here too.

As for the prize....I can assure you it will be great indeed...and it will involved a official title in the Periaur. So keep up the good work guys! I know you can do it!!

Legolam

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
Yay!! I love official titles.

However, I'm also the most forgetful person in the world, and I forgot to bring my books to Uni today :( :rolleyes:

I'm off to look for an online source of Tolkien stuff and I'll post my book question later. Remember, I want arguments, dammit!!! Be controversial, I need a fix of that now the Guild of Politics is gone!! :cool:

DGoeij

Pan Narran
Reaction score
I remember some discussion about the fact that M&P being tweens mattered in any way in their addition to the Fellowship. That one was pretty neat, but it never really took of or something.

And currently I'm not really in the mood to come up with Tolkien-related stuff. A favorite place here has been burned to the ground. :(

Elbereth

Star Queen of Valinor
Reaction score
Well I took Legolam's advise and posted a few open ended questions in the book forum.

You see currently I am reading "The Lost Road And Other Writings" by Tolkien...and I am about half way through and knee deep in the Valinorean mythologies, WHICH I LOVE! (I'm sure this does not come as a big surprise to you all)

So here is a link to my thread: http://www.thetolkienforum.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=367375#post367375

Enjoy! :)

PS...I would've put those questions in here...but I'm not sure if all of you have read this novel yet...best put it in a section where those who have can post.

Thread suggestions