🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Tolkienolgoist's Creative Endeavors Hall!

Grond

Morgoth's Mace
Reaction score
Tolkien Creative Endeavors Thread!

Anyone who wants to share any ideas, essays, poems, artwork or other creative input based on Tolkien... may post it here. :)

Elennainie

Reaction score
Oh goody!! - a chance to be creative instead of just debates! :) :) I had an idea for the guild, actually. Let's create a "meeting place" for our guild and create a composite image or just a written description of it so people will know where we meet. We can post pictures of things we want included in our hallowed hall or mighty fortress or scholarly study, etc. First we can decide what kind of place it should be, and then we can post cool Middle Earth-looking stuff for it. I'll go first. I think we should have a huge oaken round table like Arthur had for his knights. There will be a chair for each member of the guild, as well as a few empty chairs for our guests. I like the idea of a castle hall, but also think an outside dwelling made of live trees would be splendid. Oh... and maybe something like Bombadill's home would be cool... I can't decide!! Please post your images of beautiful objects we should have in our dwelling. :D :D

Grond

Morgoth's Mace
Reaction score
I like your idea a lot. Let's decorate the hall first and then begin posting our creative contributions. :)

Everyone notice the name is now changed to Tolkienologist's Creative Endeavors Hall!!!!

Eledhwen

Cumbrian
Reaction score
Royal Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire, England, UK
There will be a chair for each member of the guild, as well as a few empty chairs for our guests. I like the idea of a castle hall, but also think an outside dwelling made of live trees would be splendid
... and oak-panelled walls with intricately carved pillars at intervals (could some Elves do this?) with a subtle touch of guilding, with arched stone-framed leaded windows (small diamond shape glass pieces), carved to blend in with the wood and a huge stone fireplace, taller than a man and stretching almost all the way across one wall, as one finds in all good tale-telling venues (stonecraft by the Dwarves, naturally).

Confusticated

Reaction score
All my drawings are lousy, if I ever get good I'll post them in here though! :D

Lhunithiliel

Fëanorean
Reaction score
I'm now working on the image of how our castle looks like, only at the moment it is a CPT-picture and I have to resample it....

Meanwhile, "look through the window" of the western tower and here what you will see:

Elennainie

Reaction score
And in the center of our Hall grows a massive tree, most fair, and like unto Telperion, whose branches overspread the entire Hall, forming a living canopy overhead. Hanging from the branches are tiny silver lamps which resemble stars when lit.

Above the grand fireplace hang trophies from the Guild's debate victories. ;) Cushions embroidered by daughters of men provide a seating area and soften the polished stone floor, fitted and laid by the cunning of dwarves.

Beside the painting of the two trees, hangs a banner bearing the mark of a friend.

Attachments

Elennainie

Reaction score
Wow, Lhunithiliel!!! That's incredible! Did you make that all by yourself? I'll try to work on an inside picture of the hall, but I'll wait for more people to contribute their decorating objects. Hey guys, we need some more tapestries and pictures for the walls. And we don't have much furniture yet...be creative! :)

Originally posted by Eledhwen
It looks great! Er... Where are the North, South, East and West towers?
Those pictures can be the N,S,E,&W views from the one tower.:D I especially love the view of the garden. :) :)

Lhunithiliel

Fëanorean
Reaction score
Originally posted by Eledhwen
It looks great! Er... Where are the North, South, East and West towers?
:D :D
C'mmon! Use your imagination!
The tower you see is the western - the most beautiful, the tallest...
The eastern is behind ;) looking right up to the mountain.
The others two... look! Do you see them now?... :D
Elennainie : Wow, Lhunithiliel!!! That's incredible! Did you make that all by yourself?
*Lhun ducks and smiles with modesty...... (hiding a devilish look in her eyes :p *
Thank you! Oh! Don't even mention it!
-----------
Serious.... I made the last picture with Corel Photo Paint and it was a REAL PLEASURE to make it!
I have prepared a few more of the sort like:
> Tuor meets Ulmo
> The fall of Gondolin
> The fall of Numenor ....
and there are some other projects I'm thinking over for our Silmarillion discussion! :)
I am glad that you like it!
----------
MORE serious...... Do you remember how Elfwine (sp?) heard all those stories? - At the hour of telling tales at that little cottige on Tol Eressea.
So, I was thinking, when we, folks, finish with making our home comfortable, let's get to "business" and establish for ourselves such a "tale-telling time".......
Imagine: the fire in the huge fire-place is slightly burning and spreading its warmth and soft light....we are all gathered in the hall and one of us is telling his/her story (aka essay, poem...whatever)....
It would be so nice in the long winter evenings and nights that are coming....

Mithlond

Sensory Overload
Reaction score
Sydney - Between the Mountains and the Sea
Hmm, it seems our home will have all the seasons in one! Because the coming evening and nights for me are gonna be nothin but HOT.
Perhaps the four different towers :))) can represent the four different seasons.

Lhunithiliel

Fëanorean
Reaction score
I was expecting this comment from you, our Australian friend! :D

Well, I don't know .... Let's say - some of those nights will be "winter cold nights, when it is so pleasant to sit by the fire..." And other times these will be "violet-blue summer nights, filled with the fragrance of rare flowers and herbs and we shall all gather in the gardens of the Realm of the Tolkienologists... ;)

Like it this way?

Thread suggestions