🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

TOO MANY DVD's??? what will i do???

#1ArcherLegolas

FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE
Reaction score
well first off i'm only gona buy 1 dvd so i need to know which of the 4 kinds i should buy. Also remember that the better longer one's will mean more waiting????????

Urylia

so so lonely
Reaction score
Do what I'm gonna do:
-Save my money
-Get a job
-Beg my parents to get my early birthday presents!;)
-And buy them all!

:D

#1ArcherLegolas

FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE
Reaction score
PROBLEM
(1) i'm 14 can't get a job.
(2) my parents are all about spending my own money.

#1ArcherLegolas

FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE
Reaction score
as for the birthday thing if i'm gona buy 1 they won't buy me another

Urylia

so so lonely
Reaction score
i think you can get a job... as long as you have working papers...i'm only 15 and i'm getting a job this summer...sigh
i'd go with the birthday presents...never too early :)

Kelkorian

Reaction score
Do what I'm gonna do:
- Steal
- Steal from somewhere else
- Steal from a friend
- Steal from an enemy
- Steal from a relative
- Steal from a crack fiend
- Steal from a blind man
- Rent them from the local video store

PRH

Reaction score
I hear PJ is an anarchist and wants you to steal his disc.

33Peregrin

hmmm
Reaction score
Hee Hee.. This thread is over a year old! Ha Ha. I got the VHS, with my own money from watching someone's dog. Sadly, we don't have a DVD player. I got the DVD for my birthday from the same people who's dog I watched. A few months ago, I finally bought the EEDVD. And we STILL don't have a DVD player! I have a three page paper on the fridge explaining why we need a DVD player, but no one has read it yet. :( It's not like we can't afford one or anything. I still havn't seen my EE!!!! Grrrrrrr... My dad promised me we'd get a DVD player a while ago!!!!!

Mirabella

Daughter of Gerontius
Reaction score
Awwww...poor 33Peregrin! You sound like a person of initiative, so you may have to work and save up for a dvd player on your own. You can get a decent one these days for around $100. Mind you, we're not talking home theater set up and all that, but you would be able to watch your dvd.

Ol'gaffer

The Dawson
Reaction score
Ahh, youth.
I still remember when I couldn't get a job and was asking for a dvd player and movies.
Then I turned 16 saved money and bought a PS2 and then got a job, Now I've been working for 6 months at a movie store and I buy probably 2-3 movies a month.

Don't worry little orc, your time will come. :D

33Peregrin

hmmm
Reaction score
Ha Ha, Mirabella! There is something funny about that! There were many times where I actually had enough money to purchase a DVD player. Whenever I offered this idea to my parents, they wouldn't let me. They said a DVD player was a "family" thing. Yet, that was in the middle of last summer, and we still don't have one. They are really starting to frustrate and confuse me.

Valawen

Reaction score
Maybe you could buy a DVD player and keep it in your room until your parents decided it's time to buy one and you can just whip it out of your closet (or whatever) and say sheepishly, "Um, we already have one" ? :D

Just an idea.

33Peregrin

hmmm
Reaction score
Actually... that is a good idea! It's the kind of thing that I've always done! That would be just like me! Thanks. I actually might do that. :D

33Peregrin

hmmm
Reaction score
Hey! The other day- yesterday was my dad's birthday. He, for some reason (I've been begging), wants a DVD player. My mom and I actually went to go look at some last night. I thought that was funny. I'm really happy and excited. I've been waiting for so long! I just had to say that. Bye.

33Peregrin

hmmm
Reaction score
GUESS WHAT!

We actually bought one last night!!!!!!! Can you believe it? It only took half a year of heavily begging my dad. Three weeks ago was my dad's birthday.. that's what he told her he wanted. She gave him the money. It took him only a week to go down to choose which one he wanted. Then he decided to ask our neighbor, who works at Best Buy, to get us a discount. He never asked for about three weeks. then he tried, but my neighbor left. So a while ago I saw the EE on video in a video rental place, and instead of asking for a DVD player, I asked to rent it. That made him try a bit harder. I had my whole family helping me. He called my neighbor, but no one was home, and no one called back. Oh yes...... we aren't usually this cheap on everything. Finally, yesterday, we just went. First we went to Soundtrack to see if they had any good deals. They had the one we wanted for about twenty dollars cheaper. But even buying one took hours. We aksed the guy. We couldn't decide on a VHS\DVD or two seperate ones. (Our VCR doesn't rewind, that was part of the reason we neede a DVD player so much). Finally we decided to get the combined one. Then the guy came back after a while and said they had hardly any DVD players in stalk. Not hardly one. After talking to my dad, he decided to sell us the demo one, with a discount. He went to go find the box with the remote. It took so long..... I actually sat down in the place to watch Star Wars that they were showing. He finally came back to tell us he could not find the box with the remote in it. So we got another discount, and a catalog we could order our remote from. It took us two hours just to get one. It was about ten when we got home, and we had left at eight. It, of course, took us a while to set up the thing. then everyone went to bed except me. I watched the Extended Edition at last! I was alone in the middle of the night. It was the best. I loved it!!!!!!!!!! I especially loved the changes they made to Lothlorien. It was amazing, so much better than the Theatrical version. I love it so much! It was worth the hideous wait, and hours of pleading. Sorry.... I know no one wants to know all this, and no one wil read it. Oh well! It's good to let of some excitement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!

Theodwyn

Reaction score
That is very cool. I have also just seen the Extended Edition for my second time.

Thread suggestions