🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Town on the Isen

Majimaune

No face, no name
Reaction score
"I come from just outside Pelargir. I am the son of a farmer who worked all day just to get some money to feed my sister and I. My sister, three years my sinior, was sent to Minas Tirith to find a husband. I was still at home working with my father on the farm when a soldior who was dressed in the gire of a Guard of the Citadel and he came to our farm seeking a nights rest. We let him in and that morning he asked me if I would like to come along to Minas Tirith to learn who to fight. I accepted and when I got here I went to his house and found my sister had married him. I was overjoyed. I trained and became a good archer."

"Did you stay with your sister?"

"Yes I did. One day my sister went out picking flowers for the table and was killed by a raiding party of orks. Ever since I have been hunting orks and only coming here when I needed rest."

"You have a sad tale. But please tell me, Olktian, what made you deside to offer to come with us to Rohan?"

"You did."

Noldor_returned

Reaction score
on the borderline of insanity and madness
Greolman went and tapped the soldier on the shoulder, who turned around. "Where are my friends?" Greolman thundered.

"We were about to interrogate Elding. If you like, you can listen, but you cannot say anything. Understand?"

"Yes. Can we go now?"

The soldier nodded, and took him to where Elding was. "Now, Elding. My name is Hurbid, and I want to ask a few questions. First of all, can you describe what happened?" Hurbid asked.

Majimaune

No face, no name
Reaction score
OOC: Leawyn you dont need to read this post if you dont want to. NR could you please help me out with Lounger and Majimaune. By the way the pink in this is going to represent the Easerlings that escaped.

IC: Majimaune lay in bed all that day so that he could ride with the others on the next.

When Hred got back to where Hob was he woke him and said they sould move on. He wanted to attack the eored but he knew with only the two of them they would be killed. They would go back to their king and they would lead an army against the eored.

Last edited:

Noldor_returned

Reaction score
"I have a better idea," Ho said. "There are bound to be more people coming through, and all we have to do is pick off two who are alone and take their places. Our battalion was taught how to speak the languages of Gondor and Rohan remember? This way we may be able to infiltrate their defenses, and when the time comes, overthrow one of the two peoples."

Hred thought for a moment. "Yes, and all we would have to do is stay acting as the person for several months, possibly years. It will be difficult."

"But it can be done. This is our best opportunity for promotion. So, shall we take it?"

"Yes."

OOC: Majimaune, what I want to happen when Leawyn gets back is she takes Frynyir and Lingar to the others, then ends up going with them. Then, when they are riding to Edoras, Elding finds these two and gets them to help him by sending part of the Easterling army to Isengard where he will take over.

Elvess_Leawyn

That freaky person
Reaction score
Right there *points* See, I'm sleeping right over
Noldor_returned said:
"I have a better idea," Ho said. "There are bound to be more people coming through, and all we have to do is pick off two who are alone and take their places. Our battalion was taught how to speak the languages of Gondor and Rohan remember? This way we may be able to infiltrate their defenses, and when the time comes, overthrow one of the two peoples."

Hred thought for a moment. "Yes, and all we would have to do is stay acting as the person for several months, possibly years. It will be difficult."

"But it can be done. This is our best opportunity for promotion. So, shall we take it?"

"Yes."

OOC: Majimaune, what I want to happen when Leawyn gets back is she takes Frynyir and Lingar to the others, then ends up going with them. Then, when they are riding to Edoras, Elding finds these two and gets them to help him by sending part of the Easterling army to Isengard where he will take over.
(((OOC: I think I can figure out a way to post. But I'm not sure. Could one of you guys like bring me in and I can take it from there. I'm sure you both have read the profile? The one for Juniela. Anyways... It would be most appriciated! If not, I'll figured out a way.)))

Noldor_returned

Reaction score
Lingar moved closer towards Frynyir. "We appear to be in some run-down building, my love. I am unable to untie my bonds, however I am certain somebody will find us soon."

"I hope you are right, dear, because I am growing thirsty."

The two sat there for a few hours, when a sound came from the entrance. They both looked up, and saw a woman there, looking through the rubble.

"Excuse me," Lingar said, "but could you give us a hand?"

The woman looked up and ran over to the Rohirrim. "How did this happen?" she asked.

"We were attacked and brought here. Once you have untied us, and helped us back to our lodgings, I will enlighten you further."

Elvess_Leawyn

That freaky person
Reaction score
Noldor_returned said:
Lingar moved closer towards Frynyir. "We appear to be in some run-down building, my love. I am unable to untie my bonds, however I am certain somebody will find us soon."

"I hope you are right, dear, because I am growing thirsty."

The two sat there for a few hours, when a sound came from the entrance. They both looked up, and saw a woman there, looking through the rubble.

"Excuse me," Lingar said, "but could you give us a hand?"

The woman looked up and ran over to the Rohirrim. "How did this happen?" she asked.

"We were attacked and brought here. Once you have untied us, and helped us back to our lodgings, I will enlighten you further."
The woman walked over and helped untie the two. She seemed to be fairly young maybe 20 or so. She was tall, with wavy brown hair and penetrating blue eyes. "I am sorry I did not introduce myself my name is Juniela," said the woman curtsying. "Now what happened here?"

Noldor_returned

Reaction score
"I'm sorry, but that will have to wait for another time. We must get back to our friends, who I'm sure are very worried," Frynyir said. "Come with us, and we can tell you on the way."

"By the way, thankyou for saving us Juniela. I am Lingar, and this is Frynyir. We come from Rohan, and as a gift for rescuing us, we would like to offer you the chance to come with us back to Edoras. Think it over, but we will await your answer with high hopes. Now, can you help us one last time? Can you help us return to where we are staying?" Lingar asked.

Noldor_returned

Reaction score
Elding took a deep breath. "I was watching the two, when a man dropped from the roof, and landed in front of me. He was hooded, so I couldn't see what he looked like. I reached for my sword, and almost had it out when he threw me against the wall, which knocked me out. But here comes someone who may be able to shed some light on this man." Elding nodded over Hurbid's shoulder, where Frynyir, Lingar and Juniela were walking towards Greolman.

Elvess_Leawyn

That freaky person
Reaction score
Noldor_returned said:
"I'm sorry, but that will have to wait for another time. We must get back to our friends, who I'm sure are very worried," Frynyir said. "Come with us, and we can tell you on the way."

"By the way, thankyou for saving us Juniela. I am Lingar, and this is Frynyir. We come from Rohan, and as a gift for rescuing us, we would like to offer you the chance to come with us back to Edoras. Think it over, but we will await your answer with high hopes. Now, can you help us one last time? Can you help us return to where we are staying?" Lingar asked.
"It would be the greatest honour to return with you to Edoras," replied Juniela curtsying. "But how would you like me to help?"

Noldor_returned

Reaction score
"We will sort all this out with King Eltaraion tomorrow, but for now, just stay near," Frynyir said.

Greolman ran over to the three, where he scooped them all up in one big hug. "Thank goodness you're alright," he said, before shooting an inquiring glance at Juniela. "Hopefully, they will not want us to talk long, and we can discuss other events."

"Good to see you to Greolman. Now, can we hurry up with this?" Lingar asked. "Excuse me sir," he said to Hurbid, "I suppose you want to know if we saw our attacker. The answer is no, and there is no information that will be helpful to you."

"Alright then. There isn't much we can do then, but King Eltaraion wishes to see all of you in an hour," Hurbid replied.

Greolman led the others plus Elding inside, and sat down. "They are back Mappalif, with our third friend, I think. Now, you four, this is Olktian, and, well, I'll let someone else do the rest."

Majimaune

No face, no name
Reaction score
Olktian shoke hands all round and then Mappalif greeted Juniela.

"We should go to the king to tell him that you two have been found and that we have two more people to come with us back to Rohan."

"Yes I agree," said Lingar.

Noldor_returned

Reaction score
"Yes, that was the plan, as we have been asked to dine with him tonight. That gives us a few hours to survive. Until then, I say we prepare, and if neither of you have anywhere to stay Olktien or Juniela, then you are welcome to remain here until we leave for tonight's meeting," Frynyir offered.

"Thankyou," they both said.

Noldor_returned

Reaction score
Juniela had few belongings, and carried them all with her, so Olktian left to prepare for that night's dinner. Frynyir went and sat next to Juniela, and said to her, "it's nice to have another female to talk to. I was beginning to become lonely, although my love Lingar is with us."

It was later that evening, and everyone was prepared to leave, and Elding had gone off ahead to help prepare, as well as to ensure the way was safe. Lingar and Mappalif looked at each other when Elding announced his plans, and as soon as the king's nephew had left, instantly said to Olktian and Juniela, "is there another way to the palace, apart from the way we are supposed to go? I do not think we will reach the palace safely if we go the way Elding wants us to. So, please, tell us, is there another, more secret path that we could take?"

Elvess_Leawyn

That freaky person
Reaction score
Noldor_returned said:
Juniela had few belongings, and carried them all with her, so Olktian left to prepare for that night's dinner. Frynyir went and sat next to Juniela, and said to her, "it's nice to have another female to talk to. I was beginning to become lonely, although my love Lingar is with us."

It was later that evening, and everyone was prepared to leave, and Elding had gone off ahead to help prepare, as well as to ensure the way was safe. Lingar and Mappalif looked at each other when Elding announced his plans, and as soon as the king's nephew had left, instantly said to Olktian and Juniela, "is there another way to the palace, apart from the way we are supposed to go? I do not think we will reach the palace safely if we go the way Elding wants us to. So, please, tell us, is there another, more secret path that we could take?"
"There is one, but it is not always safe. Unknown horrors haunt it. But there are those who can make it through. It lays near the mountains. I agree with you that the way Elding is leading us is perilious. But which do we risk?"

Majimaune

No face, no name
Reaction score
"I say the way you know," Mappalif said. "I don't trust Elding as much as I should." They all agreed that they should go Juniela's way to the Citadel.

Noldor_returned

Reaction score
The journey through the mountain pass was tricky, and took them over an hour, with Lingar constantly urging them to hurry. All received cuts and bruises, although none were seriously hurt. As they neared the end, Mappalif called out softly, "I will go over the top first. If I say to come up, do so, but if not, remain for as long as you think necessary."

Mappalif climbed onto the ridge, and saw Elding rushing towards him. Loosening his sword, he said, "hail Elding. Our new friend Juniela decided to lead us on a scenic route, and I must say I quite enjoyed it."

"That is strange, because the only passage I know that comes up here is dangerous, and not very scenic, unless you like looking at rocks. Still, each to his own I guess," Elding said. "Tell the others to climb up, and we can enter."

Mappalif did as Elding said, and everyone emerged, and began cleaning themselves quickly. Once they were all ready, they entered King Eltaraion's chamber with Mappalif at the front.

Noldor_returned

Reaction score
"Hail, your majesty. We have much to discuss," Mappalif greeted.

"Yes, indeed we do. But first, let us eat. Our minds may be more focused after our stomachs are full," King Eltaraion replied.

The dinner consisted of fine wine, roast chicken, salted pork and various vegetables, and not a single mouthful was left over. Greolman finished his last bite, and wiped his chin, then said, "now, let us talk."

"Yes," Frynyir began. "Your majesty, we have found our three companions. Olktian, this man here, who has since become our friend. Juniela, a woman who rescued myself and Lingar. And of course, Elding, your nephew."

"Well, congratulations. I think that means you can leave tomorrow, or perhaps the day after. I am sure you are all aching to return home. But first, before too much is talked about, what has happened to your Lingar and Frynyir?" the king asked.

"We were kidnapped by the hooded man, your highness, and Elding was knocked out. Juniela here saved us from much pain. I think it would be best if we left tomorrow, so that our assassin has less chances to harm us again, too," Lingar said.

"Very well. Now, what about the roles each of these people?" King Eltaraion asked.

Mappalif spoke up then. "Perhaps Elding could continue protecting us for now, at least until the town is established. Then, once the town is built, we will become slightly less important, and our attacker may mean us no more harm. Hopefully before then, we will discover who this person is."

"I agree," said Lingar. "But what of the other two? I think Olktian would prefer to be here as much as possible," he said, giving a wry smile. "So he could possibly be the correspondent, and then he can stay here, but also see us every now and then. That would suit all.

"Now that leaves one role: the one who will come with us. Am I right in thinking, Juniela, that you are willing to stay with us in Rohan?" Lingar finished.

Thread suggestions