🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

TTF T-Shirts, Et Cetera

dapence

Reaction score
Well, CafePress told me ... not get this ... I'm violating MY trademark by putting MY artwork on THEIR site. That's just crazy.

When I complained, they then told me that the name Tolkien was trademarked ... which it's not ... you can't trademark or copyright a personal name. They also don't seem to understand just what my relationship with the Tolkien family is to begin with, even when it was proved to them.

At any rate, I'll need to find a better place to offer these T-shirts.

Halasían

Dunedain Ranger
Reaction score
Well, CafePress told me ... not get this ... I'm violating MY trademark by putting MY artwork on THEIR site. That's just crazy.

When I complained, they then told me that the name Tolkien was trademarked ... which it's not ... you can't trademark or copyright a personal name. They also don't seem to understand just what my relationship with the Tolkien family is to begin with, even when it was proved to them.

At any rate, I'll need to find a better place to offer these T-shirts.
I was curious if this ever happened?

Thread suggestions