🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Two Questions...(What sign does Sarumans orcs use?)

H

hloder

What sign does Sarumans orcs use?

1. The white hand
2. The red eye
3. The black moon

???

Lantarion

no house
Reaction score
If you've read the LotR, I am ashamed of you. ;)
It's the White Hand. Sauron has the Red Eye, and there is no Black Moon.

Greymantle

Reaction score
Hmm... it would seem that the Tolkien Forum's legendary friendliness and hospitality have gone to the dirt.

Edit: Ignore the above. There have been some deletions.

Last edited:
R

ReadWryt

Grey,

Naw, but sometimes it needs to be crafted a bit by the moderators...

Dengen-Goroth

Dark Lord of Arda
Reaction score
Yes, the white hand, Sauron was the eye. Did you know that we are mentioned in the latest Yahoo magazine. We're described as something like, i've forgotten exactly how, but as a friendly group of tolkien fans.

Kementari

Lady Writer
Reaction score
WHAT? Really???? thats awesome!!! :) Ive never been mentioned in a magazine before :D

hmm i have noticed the forum becoming less friendly though... with so many members we are not as close as we used to be...

Telchar

Someone out there?
Reaction score
The more members there are at a board the more distance it will be between members.. It's easier to get along with everybody at a small board, because you don't have to many to relate to..

Lantarion

no house
Reaction score
Hmm, I am both flattered and ashamed. I apologize for being so straightforward (I know one of my posts was deleted), but the question seemed a little easy to be asked at a Tolkien forum. I realize that the Forum is here also to answer questions that fans have (I stress "fans": people who have read the books and liked them), but to come here to the forum, to search for it and find it, and to ask a question that could be found from a LotR book from the library, is a bit lazy, I think.

U

Urukhai

White hand

If you remember from the book, Legolas, gimili,and aragorn wre looking over the dead orcs,they saw the shields with the WHITE HAND and the s-rune.So, that means that the symbol is the white hand.

Cian

sylvan madman
Reaction score
And the S-rune (a certh) has been theoried to perhaps be #35 on the Angerthas table in RotK Appendices.

L

*Lady Aragorn*

even i knew it was #1! they said in somewhere in either one of the movies.:eek:

Sarah

Wandering Hobbit
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lantarion
Hmm, I am both flattered and ashamed. I apologize for being so straightforward (I know one of my posts was deleted), but the question seemed a little easy to be asked at a Tolkien forum. I realize that the Forum is here also to answer questions that fans have (I stress "fans": people who have read the books and liked them), but to come here to the forum, to search for it and find it, and to ask a question that could be found from a LotR book from the library, is a bit lazy, I think.
What's wrong with being lazy?

Thread suggestions