🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Ultimate ‘Lord of the Rings’ and ‘Hobbit’ Box Set Is a Dream for Tolkien Fans

Erestor Arcamen

Archivist
Staff member
Reaction score
Did anyone else see this? It looks really nice (other than the Hobbit movies which blew in my opinion) and has a lot of really nice extras in it. The only issue, it's $800 which is insane! I mean I love LOTR (mostly the books) but I don't think I could stomach spending this much on PJ's movies.

Link

Starbrow

Tolkien Fan
Reaction score
That is a crazy price. If you're the kind of fan who would want this, you probably already own the extended editions of the movies.

octoburn

Reaction score
Anyone who already owns the six EE films, as I do, I will gladly build you the wooden stand for half the asking price of this set :D:p;)

Reaction score
Wow that does look nice but exceedingly over priced. Who can afford this?

I heard on Instagram that the 4K edition is so much better. Better spend your money on that instead

octoburn

Reaction score
Wow that does look nice but exceedingly over priced. Who can afford this?

I heard on Instagram that the 4K edition is so much better. Better spend your money on that instead
I haven't seen it at that price anywhere, honestly. You can get it at walmart.com for less than $400. Still at least twice what I'd pay for it.

Thread suggestions