🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Unfinished Tales

drjekil_bg

STORY-TELLER
Reaction score
Well i am not sure if there is or there is not such thread but my idea for this one is someone to begin a story or just a little part and some one to continue it.So here i will begin with a little part and i will hope that someone will like the idea.

He was standing in front of a black door.There was a red sight on it that represent the union of the Dark Wizards.The man put his hand on his sword.His eyes were watching nervous all over the place.His legs were shaking.Fear slips all over his body.He wanted to move but his legs didnt move.He was stuck.Suddenly he heard a sound from behind.The man turned around and ...

So i hope some one will continue

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
Nauco was hasting towards the Black Door...
"Oh, those, Black Wizards!", He was thinking.
"How can someone call me Dwarf?! For I have bitten a dwarf and they should call me that?! No,no it's too much of a dog life...I can't bear it anymore..."
And although he indeed was a dog, called Nauco (Dwarf), he couldn't put up with his name. For he thought it was not a Man's name...
Nauco was running now, rushing through the hills not noticing the speed of his. He didn't actually notice that he had reached the black door...he also didn't notice the man who was standing in front and into whom Nauco crushed...

drjekil_bg

STORY-TELLER
Reaction score
Meron turned around and saw the dog,
"Stupid dog" he said.
The dog looked in to the eyes of the man and so anger in them.He bow down his head.The man looked at the dog one more time and said
"Well, you are lucky that i didnt take off my sword.Come with me,lets see what is inside.May be will find something interesting.
"I dont think so"- thought the man and get the dog in his hands then opened the door but he didnt expected to see what was inside ....

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
..........and there were black stairs leading smewhere in the dark......it was so dark that nothing could be seen.But Nauco could smell the danger in the dark.
"I shall make no a single step forward,for I smell the death here."
And suddenly he stepped on something.It was a bone..........the whole stairs were covered with bones and men's flesh.Bodies of those who have tried to to climb the black stairs.............

It's not something good actually...........we had a similar thread some time ago,a thread started by Lhun and called -'The What If Game",and I must confess I miss it very much.;)

Hirila

2009 - life is great
Reaction score
Nauco grabbed the cape of that man and made him stop. "No! Noone should enter this place!" Meron stepped aside. "What's the matter with you, silly dog... Are you afraid?" And almost on tiptoe he began climbing the stairs. It was almost dark, except for a red gloom that lay in the air, coming out of nowhere. He could hear the sound of... nothing! How disturbing this was. "Dog, though you don't know what I am doing here, thanks for coming with me. I feel better with someone beside me in this errand and I hope you won't desert me when danger's coming to confront us." Nauco followed the man down the stairs. He smelled the blood, the anger and the fear of the men that had died at this very place. He smelled the Dark Wizards, but only as a remembrance in this place. They must have left long ago. Long before these men had fought their battle. He stopped the man again by biting in his cloak. "No, don't go further! There is death waiting for everyone."

drjekil_bg

STORY-TELLER
Reaction score
'Death?!" said Meron."This isnt true,you are just a dog.How can you smell death?"
"I cant smell things like normal dogs,i can smell anger,fear and death from miles,thats why i came to you-to warn you!"
The man didnt do anything.He was stuck in one place think about his futur moves.He knew that there isnt a way back.Noone that have climbed the darl steps.Now his only way was foward where,if he believe in Nauco words,is waiting deadth,but what choice does he have?He have decided.He must stand alone in the dark,he must face his destiny, if he have to die-he will.The man make a step foward and enter the hall where darkness falls.....

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
............."Watch out" cried Nauco and fell down.
A giant beast was coming against Meron.It was a petrifying monster coming from the dark.Its eyes were full of anger and there was no doubt its only aim was to kill the man and his new friend........

drjekil_bg

STORY-TELLER
Reaction score
Meron took out his sword with silver blade and prepare for an attack.But attack couldn't be effective against this monster.The creAture moved slowely and this was the thing that the mAn had to use,he ran fast between the fat legs of the monster and sTAck his sword in one of the monster's legs.Nothing,nothing happed.The creAture was still standing like nothing was stuck in his leg.
"Damn!"(I doubt Tolkien's or other's characters cursed)-thought Meron and tried to took out his sword but he couldn't.What could he do now?
"Come!"-ordered the dog and the man saw that the dog was standing in front of a sword that was on the wall.Meron ran to get the sword but suddenly

Last edited:

Lhunithiliel

Fëanorean
Reaction score
....But suddenly a flash of strong light blinded his eyes! It came like a firy lightning, like a burning blaze of horror and immense power!
The man cried out loud and somewhere deep in his mind he sort of heard the dog's howl - a desperate, terrified beastly yell as a living creature can only cry out in ultimate despair....

Then came the pain...burning the man's head.... He raised his hands as if to protect himself ...From what? From whom?.... He felt no material enemy anywhere around. There seemed to be noone anywhere...Yet he could feel the presence of sth. terrifying...sth. powerful...sth. evil...sth. that had flashed into his mind and was burning it to ashes....

drjekil_bg

STORY-TELLER
Reaction score
...Then suddenly everything disappeared and the pain in Meron's head was gone as well.He opened his eyes and saw that everything around him was black.Everythign was gone.
'You are a foul!" said a strong and loud voice that was like a voice of a god.
"Who are you?"asked Meron but he was afraid that he aswere is not going to be as he wanted.
"Dont you know my voice?"-the aswer came to the man's ears from everywhere like an echo.
"No,i dont" said Meron and tried to move but he realised that this WAs impossible.Then everything changed like a movie cadre(yeah,in the fantasy books there are lots of mivies you know,Holywood ,etc.).The room was diffrent,all around him,all the walls were painted with blood.There was throne on one of the wall made from black rock and there Meron saw what he had never expected.His eyes were filled with anger of what he saw .He took out his sword and attack.....

Last edited:

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
......It was the body of Meron's brother.......the body of his beloved brother who years ago had tried to enter here met his doom.That was on of the reasons for Meron's coming here,searching for his younger brother,whom he loved so much,whom he had taught how to fight,how to survive.......
And now Meron's heart was filled with anger,anger which was burning every single part of his body and mind.The desire for revenge grew so fast in his heart,that nothing could stop him.
He jumped and rushed forward,as if that was his last fight.He forgot everything and attacked.Ruthless was Meron's face and ruthless was his attack.For he had to take a revenge for his brother's death.

drjekil_bg

STORY-TELLER
Reaction score
“Nooo!”-screamed Nauco and jumped in front of Meron. ”The body for your brother is corrupted from the spirit of an evil wizard. Once he was the leader of the Black Wizards but he was defeated from the hand of a smith, but his spirit was still alive”
“How do you know all this, you are just a dog?”-asked with curiosity.
“I am not an ordinary dog. I wish I was a dog, but I am not. I am complicated…
While Nauco was talking Meron ,the body of Meron’s body stand up and tool out his sword and attacked. But he didn’t realized that ….

Hirila

2009 - life is great
Reaction score
But he didn't realize that until the last second before the silver blade cut through the place where a moment before his throat had been. Meron ducked away under the heavy stroke and grabbed his own sword. But it wasn't in place. Sure.. it was still stuck in the leg of that horrible beast... Where was the beast?.. There it stood, cold and dead as stone, for stone it was. Then how could he fight against his brother? NO! he couldn't fight against his brother, never would he raise his hand against his brother.. He retreated backwards from his sword-waving brother until he leant against the black walls. And there, next to his eyes still was the sword hanging from a hook in the wall...

drjekil_bg

STORY-TELLER
Reaction score
...He grabed the sword but then everything changed.The sword have opened the gate of time and sent Meron to the future.When he opened his eyes he saw something strange.A man,dressed in a women's dress.
'That's strange" said Meron."I have never seen before creatures like this.Where am i?"
"In the future" aswered a voice from behind.Meron turned and he thought that his eyes were watching an illusuion because infront of him was standing.....

Hirila

2009 - life is great
Reaction score
...the very same creature with his sword stuck in its leg.
It growled laughingly... and turned to stone again. Meron turned again to face that strange man. Use of a well-sharpened blade could certainly help him get the information he needed to puzzle all this out. But then there was this flash of light again and he stood in the tower of the Dark Wizards again, facing his brother, both with a sword in their hands.
This is not your brother! Nauco said. It is his body, coming alive through dark witchcraft. Your brother, his spirit, has long ago gone to the Undying Lands, or Wherever the spirits of Man go.
Meron saved his life again by jumping away from the heavy stroke of the enemie's sword. A fight started, not mightier than what the halls had seen before, but more emotional, because every time Meron hit the body of his brother, his own soul hurt deeply. And when he had finally, covered with many a cut and bruise, hewn the bewitched corpse to pieces, he fell down and began to cry. Now, he thought, my brother shall live in peace. Wherever he is.

drjekil_bg

STORY-TELLER
Reaction score
"Hahahahha!"-laughed loud someone from behind."You think you have conquer a victory by defiting your own brother.You are a fool.The end has come!Your brother was the key for the power i was waiting for years and now this power once again is runing in my viens.
Meron turned around and saw it.Once were Nauco was ,now a figure of a man dressend in black was standing.A man holding a staff in his right hand and watching in the eyes of Meron.
"What in the name of all Gods...?".....

Hirila

2009 - life is great
Reaction score
"I am Nauco, the dwarf, Nauco, the dog, and Nauco the wizard!" Then he paused as if taking a deep breath. "Yes, and this, this the world where I used to walk free and unbothered. Do you want to hear my story first before dying... or do you choose to die without delay?"
Meron stood there as if turned to stone. 'Let's keep things together... This... dogs.. runs into me, follows me into this place... warns me of deadly danger and helps me defeat the danger only to turn into danger itself???' It was too much for him.
Without hesitating any longer he jumped out of the window and into the river he had heard flowing beneath the Tower. He might as well come back later with some friends to finish his task. At least a bit of swimming was better than listening to some... weird... creature and dying afterwards.

The river ran swiftly, taking the man with him...

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
..........the water was cold,cold as ice,and Meron wasn't able to take a single breath,he tried to swim,but it was impossible,because of his heavy shoes.Was he going to die in the cold river,without finishing his mission,without doing what he had promised?!?!No,he could not do that.Feeling the pain with every muscle of his body he saved himself and laid down the stony coast of the river.He was freezing........he was going to die because of the cold........but one thing was in his head:"Why Nauco,why he helped me and then tried to kill me?!I don't believe this dog wanted to kill me............"Then he passed out........
Some hours later he felt a warm breath of someone.Meron opened his eyes and saw Nauco..................

p.s.-I liked Nauco so much so I decided to bring him back-come on,he is such a nice talking dog!!

drjekil_bg

STORY-TELLER
Reaction score
"What?Thats impossbile!"-said Meron."But,you was there in the tower and you wanted to kill me"
"Have I?!"-said Nauco,suprised from the words of the wet men."I havnt leave my master for about a month"
"But i am sure that you was there with me in the tower"-continued Meron.
"Which tower?"-asked curiously the dog.
"I dont rememer well,but it had the mark of the Black wizards and the stairs were black"
"This is the tower of illusions.Everything that happend there may was an illusion"-while Nauco was talking a figure of man approach.Meron turned his head and saw the new person standing next to the dog....

Starbrow

Tolkien Fan
Reaction score
"You look like you could use a place to dry off," the man in the oversized coat and heavy work boots said gruffly.

Meron glanced at the dog and saw him wagging his tail. "I suppose it'll be safe enough," he thought to himself.

As Meron slowly and stiffly got up, he caught a glimpse of something shiny under the man's coat.

Thread suggestions