🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Very important question about the Shadow of War lore

One of the nine

Reaction score
Hi!

So the one thing that has been bugging me very much as of late, is the fact that the story in the movies about the ring is that Isildur got the ring from cutting it from Saurons finger and wore it until his death.
Then Smegol found it and lost it to bilbo, where bilbo had it until Frodo got it from Bilbo, then Frodo destroys it.

Now comes the part where I'm conflicted about the lore of Shadow of War *spoiler alert ahead* in SOW Talion becomes one of the 9 Ringwraiths after using Isildurs ring "Saurons ring" to stay alive after his death, were it says that he wore it until Frodo destroyed the one ring (witch Talion os wearing???)
So first of all, if Talion is wearing Isildurs ring until Frodo destroys it then how on earth can Frodo have the ring??

There is a HUGE hole in the plot here, when did Talion get the ring in between Smegol and Bilbo and if Talion if one of the nine, then how can it be destroyed without one of the nine being killed and the ring retrieved!?

I'm so confused and its been a while since I played SOW, can anybody shed light on this?

PS I actually was so troubled by this that I had to make a forums account.

CirdanLinweilin

The Wandering Wastrel
Reaction score
Hi!

So the one thing that has been bugging me very much as of late, is the fact that the story in the movies about the ring is that Isildur got the ring from cutting it from Saurons finger and wore it until his death.
Then Smegol found it and lost it to bilbo, where bilbo had it until Frodo got it from Bilbo, then Frodo destroys it.

Now comes the part where I'm conflicted about the lore of Shadow of War *spoiler alert ahead* in SOW Talion becomes one of the 9 Ringwraiths after using Isildurs ring "Saurons ring" to stay alive after his death, were it says that he wore it until Frodo destroyed the one ring (witch Talion os wearing???)
So first of all, if Talion is wearing Isildurs ring until Frodo destroys it then how on earth can Frodo have the ring??

There is a HUGE hole in the plot here, when did Talion get the ring in between Smegol and Bilbo and if Talion if one of the nine, then how can it be destroyed without one of the nine being killed and the ring retrieved!?

I'm so confused and its been a while since I played SOW, can anybody shed light on this?
It's called Creative License and butchering of the lore.

CL

Miguel

Reaction score
I love Monolith productions, they've made some of my favorite games. If i never read anything from the books i'll probably be more willing to play it but in all honesty, if i tried it i would get hooked.

Thread suggestions