🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Vinyl Soundtrack Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring

SecBreakfestDude

Reaction score
Hello friends,
I would like to ask you how much worth is this vinyl collection in your opinion. I've got this 2018 limited edition lord of the rings fellowship of the ring on Vinyl (copy number 1955/5000) it was opened but i have kept it in best possible shape. I wanted to put it on ebay auction, and i was wondering for how much? Could you help me out with this?

Sorry if this is wrong forum, i didnt know where to ask, but i think on the big site like this there must be some folks who know something about this stuff and could help me.

SecBreakfestDude

Reaction score
Like i said it is the red one set from 2018 5 x vinyl discs map fragment and guidebook about music creaction process.

Squint-eyed Southerner

Pawing through the trash behind the Pony
Reaction score
Like i said it is the red one
Ah, I didn't see that -- in fact, I still don't!

Anyway, there are some other colors listed on ebay, but not red. The other ones appear to be going for $100-$140 US. The only red set I saw on line was on Amazon's site: $1200! :oops:

So you may have a gold mine on your hands. I'd suggest a thorough online search, before making a decision, and probably an auction with a fairly high minimum, rather than a set price. But I'm no expert.

TrollinSun

Reaction score
Hello friends,
I would like to ask you how much worth is this vinyl collection in your opinion. I've got this 2018 limited edition lord of the rings fellowship of the ring on Vinyl (copy number 1955/5000) it was opened but i have kept it in best possible shape. I wanted to put it on ebay auction, and i was wondering for how much? Could you help me out with this?

Sorry if this is wrong forum, i didnt know where to ask, but i think on the big site like this there must be some folks who know something about this stuff and could help me.
I bought mine for $280 but in reality it's priceless. I haven't opened it yet, I'm waiting till I have not so shitty of a record player to enjoy it on. I would also recommend the music of middle earth app for anyone who really enjoys all six soundtracks, it separates songs and isolates the themes in each song so you can hear individual parts and picture the location or character(s) featured then listen to it whole and you can picture the whole thing. (If you're like me and have held onto your original ideas of each character from the books before the movies this is really cool to listen to)

Hello friends,

And why would you auction this, wait 20yrs and you will find someone who will enjoy it as much as you.

TrollinSun

Reaction score
If it's the red set, I'd never open it!
haha it is, I just looked up the amazon cd prices and my jaw just dropped... $900 for freaking CDs!!!!! The vinyl sets selling on Rhino (the producer) all say nearly mint, and my has been unopened and in dry storage almost since I bought it.

Thread suggestions