🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Wanderer Lost II

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
Soft shoes made hardly a sound as they carried the trembling figure into the cell. Only the dark puddles giving away that anyone could be there as all else grew silent. Even what light there was from the lantern would go little further then a few paces in any direction, hardly breaking the shadows that hung over everything like sheets of slime. Trying to see ahead even a little more, the weak light slowly revealed the battered form.

Setting the lantern aside before it was dropped, The knot in her sash finally came free after tugging shakily at it. As it fell from its place, she took up the dagger and quickly tucked it into her waistband. His fear so strong that it was as though she could taste it, she shook as the smooth cloth was spread carefully over the man’s curled body. “Bar...” She choked as he pulled away from the touch of the sash. “oh. Pup.” Her voice no more then a trembling whisper. Tears stung her eyes as she came to her knees. She knew what a cornered animal could be like; knew of the strength that could come over them in trying to escape. Hair fell across her whitened face as she lowered her head. Soft and quiet, the woman's voice found a little of its strength as the words of a song came from a lost memory. Something heard on the edge of sleep or as awaking from a nightmare.

"All is well my little one.
I am here now.
I have come.
Let not shadows make you fear."

Tears had broken free, unseen and unnoticed as her voice seemed to have almost stopped shaking. Her arms wraped tightly around her own body as she shivered against the cold around and within her.

"Little one, my loved one.
I am here.
I am here..."

Daranavo

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Boradon remembered the bear. The Great blue bear that almost took his life. Several years ago his brother, along with several other of the village boys set out for their quest for manhood into the wilds with not more then a bow and nine arrows. One arrow for each day they were to be on the hunt. The prey, a wolf raised and trained from birth for this ceremony. Much younger then they, Boradon stole off after them and followed them for many days. Somewhere close to the Cold Rocks the boys had cornered the wolf. It paced back and forth at the base of the rocks. It was very large and it snarled and barked at them. Just as the boys took aim, The Great Blue, a giant, vicious Blue Bear lurched from its hiding place and attacked the boys. Boradon wounded it and took its eye with an arrow shot as it ripped the flesh from their bones with its huge claws. He found a small crevase amongst the large rocks and slid in between them. He, himself had been raked along his left leg by Blue's claws and was just barely able to escape. He watched as Blue ate them. He would not forget the screams and the sound of crunching bones for many years.

Now, he was once again in that very same crevase, and Blue was coming closer. Its mouth dripped with anticipation for fresh meat. Boradon smelled the blood that still lingered on its paws and large jaws. Strangely, blue had stopped. It seemed to sneer at him, almost intelligently, then slowly moved away.

A soft song moved along the trees like a gentle breeze on a calm morning under the mountain. It sounded familiar he thought. He was certain he had heard it before. He had survived another encounter with Big Blue however he had fell onto several rocks and broke his leg. Olheri had found him lying there amongst the trees that day. He had lost alot of blood and his wolf would not let her close. She sang this very same song and appeased Tirnafi, who was very small then, but still quite dangerous.

His mind drifted forward and his back was half numb from all the wounds. His face burned and he could only breathe from his mouth for his nose had been broken several times. A pained voice came from him in the darkness. "I knew you would come for me...they...they kill Tirnafi." His words came out awkward. He also sustained blows to his face and jaw. He choked up and cried in her arms. "My father warned me of the valley. Where men do not think and live as we do. He said that there was nothing for me here, and they would seek hurt to me if they could. I...would not believe it. That there existed such evil inside a man." He looked up into her eyes. "I want to go home." He told her.

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
The words of the song caught in her throat; her heart skipping a beat as he spoke. Moving quickly to him, Olheri's arms wrapped around Boradon; tears smudging the lines of half dried blood as she touched and kissed his face. Anger burned within her at hearing the news of the wolf pup, her hate of Fargon growing stronger even as she tried to comfort the young man.

Unsteady fingers brushed a matted lock of hair from his brow as his reddened eyes came up to meet hers. The tone of his weary voice; the longing that showed clearly even in the darkness of the cell; he had spoken of his home before and she had long known that he would let nothing keep him from going back if he set his mind to it. She could only nod. Another strand of hair being brushed back as she was able to start gathering herself together. "You need rest, pup." Her voice gave out then, unable to continue as she carefully helped him up. One arm held around his waist, his right arm over her shoulder, Olheri braced against his weight and guided him haltingly towards the door.

Daranavo

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
As she approached the cell door, Hrothar moved up and took his other arm over his slight shoulder. The motion forced a moan from Boradon. His extremities were extremely stiff and many of the gashes along them were in different stages of healing. The Princess looked on as the three passed her. Cold eyes settled upon the Prince and he seemed to know that they settled upon him for he held his head low. "Yes, many things will I put to rights very soon." She whispered.

The group gathered numbers as they moved through the dark halls toward the main doors in the front of the castle. The large pillars and the wide open hall forced a sigh from the Princess. Her long months that she had spent in that small space made her feel dizzy when the room opened up. Its ceiling took up two entire floors here and she covered her mouth to avoid an open gasp. Two guards flew open the doors and moved outside. The group passed through them and then were followed by the rest.

The sky was graying and the smell of burned wood lingered everywhere. In a semi-circle in front of them, a row of guardsmen stood afront them, with Fargon at their center. He clapped sarcastically slow and leered at them. From the shadows near the Princess, a white hand touched her side. The Princess turned to see who had grabbed her and saw a familiar face. Katrina stood before her and smiled with tear filled eyes. The Princess smiled back and hugged her. The guards around the Princess, drew swords and fanned out. One among them cried out. "Protect the Princess." Many of the guards growled in anger at Fargon. Those that stood aside him drew their blades as well and moved about. Haughty words were exchanged between them as the Princess had far fewer numbers. "I see you have something that belongs to me...give him back please." Fargon said. The Prince's stance changed and he felt much more secure then he did a moment ago. Olheri moved forward away from Boradon. Hrothar strained under the weight of him and had to adjust his posture to keep them both upright. "How touching." Fargon uttered at the sight of the Princess and Katrina. The Princess released Katrina and turned to face him. The whole scene was very eerie with the flames that licked the sky in the distance. "You are a traitor Fargon, your time here is at an end." She looked over the many guardsmen that brandished swords toward her and their brethren. "Any of you who move against him, shall be pardoned as you have been fooled into believing I was dead." "Don't try to sway my men your, Heinance, gold has decided where their allegiances lie." He chuckled. Fargon changed his stance. "I give you this offer." He stepped aside and two guards brought forward Giddeon. He looked as if he had been trampled by horses and he bled from several wounds. He staggered forward and looked as if his legs would not hold him up for much longer. A gasp came from Katrina. She barely recognized him with all of the wounds upon his face and body. His hands were bound behind his back and two blades were angled toward him. "I apologize that Giddeon here has been less then cooperative, but I do not think he is permanently damaged. I offer him and your lives if you put down your swords." Several of the guards aside the princess seemed to faulter at his words, though no swords were dropped immediately.

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
Standing tall beside the princess, a strong heat started to rise up in her. Flames of hate and anger licked at her heart as the guards jerked Giddeon up to keep him on his feet a little longer. The scent of wood-smoke and open air filled her senses as she pulled in a slow, beep breath. Light green eyes moved over to look at Katrina for only a moment. Her expression striking a cord as she watched the scene almost unmovingly. Pulling together what strength she had for it, Olheri concentrated on the woman, trying to let her know that she was willing to let her see some of her mind in this.

The strength of the men with Fargon seemed to be more so then those who supported their princess. There would be only a small a chance if it came to a fight; and it could not end well so was something to be avoided if at all possible. A cold, calculating gaze went between the prince and Fargon. Olheri, finding a touch of Katrina's thoughts, tried to ask her to trust her and help in what she was going to try. Raising her head gracefully, feet braced apart slightly and poised almost proudly, Olheri fixed her eyes on the man across from them. "What do you want, Fargon?" Her voice was clear and cool, reaching him without any difficulty.

Daranavo

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Olheri opened her mind to Katrina and it was afire with hatred and rage at what they had done to Boradon and to Giddeon. She immediately felt fear and worry from Katrina. Her fear of loss. She knew that Katrina had never loved anyone before and that her mind was unbalanced with rage...but there was also...them. It was almost like a whisper of many voices when she reached out with her thoughts. "Our teeth are bared mancub." The words were not directed at her, but someone else and they eminated from all around her in the darkness. She sensed that powerful, primal presence that she had sensed earlier.

She refused to avert her eyes as Fargon set his upon her now. He nodded in rememberance of her. "Ahhh, and if it isn't the little troublemaker herself. I must say, you do pick your friends well woman. Boradon suffered much and never chirped a word." He shook his head in frustration. "Such a waste." He said with a hint of disgust.

Boradon heard the voice and knew what it was. He turned his head and peered out into the darkness. The Princess started to move and speak, however Katrina held her arm firmly. Finally, she replied. "I am with you." Into Olheri's mind. The guardsmen remained poised to lunge at each other with but a word as friend became foe almost instantly.

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
Fargon's gaze and the presence of the shadowed creatures combined and brought the hair on the back of her neck to stand on end. Though she dare not look around for them, she remembered the wolves she had seen before in the street and could feel them lingering just on the edge of the shadows. "Please try to keep her silent." Olheri's face stayed unmoving as she communicated with Katrina. Tension building in the silence between the two parties before Olheri spoke out once more. "Release him to us without any further harm, and you will have your precious princeling." Seeing her wave carefully, one of the guards brought the bound and blindfolded prince to stand beside Olheri. "Is it not a good trade?"

It was not her that the wolves would listen to. Their low voices, growls forming words to those that could hear, seemed unwilling to to heed anyone but their 'mancub'. Olheri would have turned to look back at Boradon if not for Fargon's attention. She hoped he could here them. Hoped that somehow he would he would have the strength to know what to do. They need to put their swords down. If they look to be a threat... Her face stayed locked as she waited to hear what Fargon's response to her offer would be.

Daranavo

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Lord Fargon looked at her. A cold steelie glare appeared in his eyes. She knew in her heart she had angered him. "A fair trade indeed! You do not seem to understand." He stepped forward and drew out his sword. He moved right behind Giddeon. The guard to his left stepped aside. At the same moment, Katrina whispered to the Princess. "Order your men to lower their weapons." Her attention turned from what was about to happen. The Princess's gaze fixed on Fargon's last action. Her eyes widened. Olheri knew what was about to happen though she could neither stop it nor look away. Lord Fargon stabbed violently into the Back of Giddeon then quickly drew out his blade from his flesh. Giddeon stumbled forward silently, then collapsed. Blood gushed from a deep wound near his spine. "What I offer now is just your lives and nothing more. I have little patience left my dear. Bring forth the Prince!" He snarled.

Katrina turned just in time to see Giddeon fall. Fargon's blade glistened in the fire light a deep, wet crimson as he held out out to them. Tears welled up in her eyes and she severed her mind from Olheri's. Her face in utter disbelief and grief. Sadly, the Princess lowered her head. "Lower your swords." She said softly." The guards looked at each other, then one by one, they sheathed their blades.

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
She tasted the tang of blood as she bit her lips closed against the cry ripping at her to be let out. Hot pain shot through her as she watched Giddeon collapse hard to the ground. She couldn't move. Couldn't even open her mouth to speak as she fought to stay still. Dark strands of hair fell across her face as she lowered her head and signaled that the prince be untied. "Give him what is his." She whispered to the guard closest to her. Pleadingly, her thoughts reached out once more to the hunters that prowled just out of sight. "Hear me, strong ones. Let me speak for the mancub. Help is needed. Blood has been spilled. Please help us. Help your mancub." Her eyes darkened with shadows of loss as she looked back up towards Fargon. "Boradon. If you can here me... If you can reach them... Please. Please call them." Only a little ways behind her, she tried to be only loud enough that he could catch her words. Shaking lightly again, her left hand reached back without her turning. Searching for his hand and the comfort and strength that had been found there so many times before. A hot lump was choked down, a raging beast screaming to be released and taste the blood of the one that had awakened it. Olheri fought against it and herself as a feeling of helplessness began to creep over her.

Daranavo

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
She was on the fringe of rage and she felt the animal inside her begin to fight for release. As guards moved to untie the Prince a low, gutteral growl was heard. It eminated from Boradon who staggered forward. At the top of his lungs, he yelled. "Fargon!" At that moment, all talk ceased and all eyes turned to face Boradon. He stood hunched over, long, deep red and violet gashes raked all across his back. Blood and sweat soaked his disfigured face and body. His chest heaved as he took deep breaths and stifled back all the pain that wracked through him. He said in a loud, angry snarl. "Justice...is upon you!" Fargon raised a brow and suddenly, he let fear creep into his mind.

Large wolves lunged out from the darkness. Several guardsmen fell forward as their feet were pulled out from underneath them. Large, drooling jaws snapped and bit into them. Growls, cries of pain, and the unsheathing of swords sparked the beginning of battle. "For the Princess!" A guard yelled as he ran into the fray. Black and silvery coats darted about on the edge of the darkness. Men used their arms to fend off their attackers. Others that were still standing swung their swords at the wolves and the other guards that smashed into them. On the left, Fargon gutted a wolf that came at him. It fell haplessly to the side and stopped moving. With a quick flick of his wrist, he flung a knife at the Princess.

Olheri, moved into the darkness as the change overtook her. As the fighting lingered near, she began to remove her clothing as fast as she could. Bones popped and muscles started to grow. A pain she had become all to familair with shot all across her. Black fur proceeded to cover her body and her eyes changed to those of a panther.

Katrina furled out her cloak and waved it about the front of the Princess. The twirling knife stuck into it and got caught like a fly in a web. Katrina released it and let it fall to the ground as she jumped forward toward Fargon. Her lithe form moved quickly but Fargon was a skilled swordsman. the two became locked in mortal combat. He lunged at her and she evaded. he swung high at her neck and she tilted back farther then he would of thought possible and yet she held her balance. She kicked him and sent him stagering back. He attempted to reposte however she had turned her body and his blow landed to her front. She grasped his sword arm and prevented him from retracting it. He struggled and she held firm. She drew herself close to him and their eyes met. She looked at him defiantly. Before she could react, he butted her with his head and she fell back dazed. He lifted his sword to slash down upon her. As he did, a dark shape flung through the air toward him. Malice and hatred fueled her attack.

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
Not even so much as a growl sounded as the dark figure sprinted towards the fight. His full attention locked on Katrina, Fargon was just beginning to lift the blade to strike when he felt something slam into his side. Leaping up at him, Olheri's claws sank into his shoulders. A hollow thunk sounding as he landed heavily on the hard ground. Bringing her full weight down with all her strength, Olheri felt the air rush from his lungs. Snarling jaws flashed in the half light. A deep, bloodthirsty growl rising from the feline's throat as a hot, salty flavor filled its mouth. His sword arm falling limp between her tightening fangs.

Shouts and barks sounded around the yard. The bodies of both man and beast lied scattered on the ground while others still fought on fiercely. Teeth and swords, claws and armor clashed with bone braking force; the scent of battle hanging thickly on the predawn air; all went unnoticed by a clouded mind as the black panther crouched over Fargon. Long claws flexed, pressing down on his chest as Olheri was overpowered by the change. The beating of her own heart pounded in her ears, so loud and insistent that all other sounds were blocked out. Ragged breaths came and went as she nearly shook. She could smell only the stench of blood and sweet. Her whole being seeming to be filled with the flames that licked the sky. Wild, glowing eyes blinded to all that was around her. Time seemed to slow and stop. Something wasn't right.

Katrina, recovering from the blow, had opened her eyes quickly and seen the man's other hand fall back under the force of a large paw; firelight glittering coldly on something that had been left against the dark coat of the panther's upper forearm. Though it was yet unfelt, Fargon's dagger had sunk deeply into the tense muscles. A trickle of blood shining as it made its way down to her elbow and towards the slowly numbing paw.

Daranavo

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Enraged she let her instincts react. Quickly, green eyes narrowed as she opened her large, fierce jaws and clamped down upon his throat. Large, razor sharp teeth sunk in deeply. Fargon opened his eyes wide at the pain and could no longer breathe. He shook with fear as his throat was savagely ripped from his neck and consumed before him. The large panther sat back on her back legs and paused, her left leg held up at an angle. Boradon, Katrina and the Princess only looked on as they skowly came to terms at what had just occurred. Olheri licked the blood from her leg and almost purred to the satisfaction of what she had done. Fargon gargled and spit blood and died before them with his eyes open in a state of agony. Boradon made a low gutteral growl and the surviving wolves reacted. Similiarly, the remaining guards threw down their weapons and succumbed to the few that faught for the Princess. Several sets of blood soaked paws faded back into the darkness save for one, large Dire Wolf that stopped and looked back at Boaradon. It was the largest wolf that anyone had ever seen. It had a dark and silvery coat except for its face that was mostly gray. Its blue eyes looked old and almost intelligent. However all were greatly surprised when it spoke. "Justice is done." It said in a scratchy, growlike tone. "We will be waiting mancub." It added as it to slowly walked into the darkness and faded away.

Katrina was draped over Giddeon who spoke his last breath to her softly. "I love you." He said in a whisper then layed down his head down upon her. She weeped openly and rocked him back and forth. Meanwhile, the Princess, Hrothar and the surviving guards moved about and tried to help their fallen comrades. The Prince sat up, greatful that the violence was now over. Olheri had slowly changed back and Boradon covered her naked form with Katrina's black cloak. He knelt down beside her and the two layed upon the ground and looked at each other in silence. She panted still to the recent exertion and she held the painful wound on her arm tightly to stop the bleeding. The flicker of the fire in the distance shown in their eyes. He had many questions to ask her but his body hurt far to much and he was worried for her.

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
Cold stones pressing against her body made little difference as Olheri trembled from all that had happened. Blinking and fluttering, her eyes only just stayed open and on Boradon's battered face. How much time had passed? There was such grate pain in his eyes; so many dark bruises and cuts across his strong fetures. Dried patches of blood and hardened masses of once clean hair giving evidence that it had perhaps been longer then the few hours that pounded in her memory. Wanting to reach out for him, it felt as though sharp pins pricked into her fingers and she couldn't lift her hand far without pulling painfully at the deep wound. The motion slowly given up as her left hand sank back down to rest across her waist. A sour taste filled her dry mouth and she tried to slow the shallow breaths that shimmered on the edge of visibility. Blood warmed her right hand, flowing freely after the dagger was taken from its place. Her fingers starting to feel as though they might slip from where they were held tightly to her arm. Mourning and pained voices found a way to brake into her mind; making it even harder to stave off the alluring arms of unconsciousness. The sound of Katrin's weeping coming the clearest to Olheri's throbing mind.

Trying to whisper something to the man lying close to her, Olheri's lips only moved slightly, even the shaken sound of her voice seeming to have been snatched away. Blurred eyes slowly fell closed as the firm weight of Boradon's hand rested on her cold form. Grief washed over her. The life of a good man had been so quickly cut short; one of her own people killed for... A broken moan sounded; the woman's body curling a little tighter around its-self. Light caught on something showing from under the edge of the dark cape. Where had for so long been a thick covering of dark clay, it had now completely broken away; the piece lying exposed on the ground between them. Silver and gold vines still twining gracefully around the deep, almost glowing, green stone.

Last edited:

Daranavo

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
The loss of blood and great fatigue that he felt forced his eyes closed. The image of her eyes as they looked at him were the last thing that he saw that day.

Much was done in the passing days. The Prince was imprisoned and Princess Daelin took up the throne as was always her right. Many of the guardsmen were banished from her fathers lands and order to Gorshven was restored. Hrothar attended the wounded and spent alot of his time with Boradon. For he reminded him of his own son that died in the wars long ago. Olheri's wound had begun to heal nicely and she hardly left Boradon's side as he fell into a deep sleep and never stirred. Her status had changed from a vagrant to that of a most trusted friend and patriot to the Princess and to Gorshven.

She attended the burial of Giddeon who was named a Lord for his service and sacrifice for the Princess. He was buried in a place of honor under a Poplar tree that he had spent many of his days in life beneath. Katrina's eulagy was heart felt and many of those in attendance weeped openly when she sang a song for him. She decided to stay with her life-long friend for a time and help fish out any others who had helped the Prince in his coop.

On the 7th morning, Boradon had awakened from his slumber and was well on his way to a full recovery. Hrothar's skill at healing even made the scars that he sustained almost unnoticable. After yet another week of rest, his strength and vigor had returned. Olheri decided it was time for an audience with the Princess and to ask her about her brother who had passed through here. Katrina, Hrothar, and The Princess sat across from her at the grand table for a feast in her and Boradon's honor. Boradon declined the invitation however Olheri covered for him well. Though physically he had healed well, he grew withdrawn and aloof.

He loved Olheri and yet, the call of the mountain was stronger now then it had ever been in him. The wolf's spirit burned bright within him now and his senses were much stronger and much more alive then they had ever been. Soon, he would ask her to come with him but in his heart, he knew she would not. He awaited her return to his room for he had packed and was ready to leave. He hoped that what she was about to learn from the Princess would aid her in the search for her brother.

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
Even for having free choice of whatever she wanted to ware, a simple, dark dress was all she had changed to when her other things were taken to be mended and replaced as needed. Loose, almost shear sleeves draping just below her elbows. The simple edge of the skirt cut well above her ankles to allow for an easier step. Clean and neatly groomed, only a soft band around her upper arm -all that was still needed to cover the wound- said anything about what had happened; darkened patches lingering under her cool eyes as sleep had been littered with unwelcome dreams when found at all. More then one night having been spent curled under a blanket as close as she dare to Boradon; his touch waking her once as she had started to shiver and call out to someone in a whispered plea. The dreams fading from memory as soon as she awoke.

Olheri glanced over the faces of those across the table, her eyes not staying too long on any of them before she looked back to The Princess. So many questions jostled to be the first spoken; so many answers so long looked for; all, she feared, leading only to more searching. Though it looked to be some of the best to be found, she had requested to have something other then the wine that had been served; the taste of which had left her almost sick as it tied strongly to the memory of what had come to be Giddeon's last meal. Her fingers brushed over a goblet of fresh milk as she spoke in a clear, soft voice that had come to be expected over the last few long days. "So much time has passed since I last saw him; so long since I even heard that he could still be alive..."

Daranavo

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
The Princess looked at her a moment and her facial features hardened slightly. Olheri thought that she also looked a little sad. "Leave us." The Princess said aloud. At her utterance, the men and women who had served them began to move toward the large double door. When all had stepped into the hall, two guards, one on each side of the doors moved behind them. Each man grabbed hold of a door and shut them briskly behind them. Their closing made a loud *thud* that echoed throughout the hall. The Princess sighed and took a long drink of her wine. She covered her mouth with her lap cloth and set her glass down. Katrina and Hrothar said nothing and looked at The princess as she spoke.

"Yes, I knew a man. It is enough to say that I grew to love him. Yes, indeed I loved him, and I love him still. His Real name was Denath. He delivered a message that Katrina had sent. He took on the guise of a man named Lamosa, a close friend of Katrina's family." Olheri and Katrina's eyes met briefly. She saw such sorrow in her eyes that she almost lost focus upon the Princess. "Only now do I fully understand why he did what he did." She covered her mouth with the cloth once more and shook her head in disbelief. "You see there were so many lies, so much betrayal. I did not know who to believe. In the end, I chose my brother. I chose him over Denath, over Anna, even over my own heart. I deserved my imprisonment for not seeing through it all. God, I was such a fool." She looked down and tears ran down her cheeks. "I sent away the only one who could of stopped my brother, and Fargon. The only man I have ever truely loved." Her voice broke and she covered her mouth tightly. Katrina lifted her arm, and grasped the hand of the Princess. Silence filled the room for a time. Hrothar looked over at Olheri. "I knew something was different....special about him. He healed unusually fast. The nature of your race is very unusual Olheri, do the males of your people turn as you did? Is it a form of Lycanthropy? Can you control when you turn?" He seemed very interested in her answers to his questions.

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
As his inquiry caught her somewhat off guard, Olheri looked back at Hrothar almost blankly. She was so accustom to hiding what she was; not used to talking to anyone about what she knew of her kind. Trying to better remember her family, a sad emptiness flitted behind her eyes as more came back to mind. Her father had vanished when she was yet very young; their mother raising her son and daughter in one of the few safe places she had known of. Even then there were so few of their kind to be found...

Another moment passed before she pursed her lips and looked between the three. "First you must understand that there are few of my kind left, and we prefer not to give ourselves away without grate reason if it can be at all helped. It is simply what we are. The change can be controlled as much as emotions; some have more power over it at times then others, but not always..." Her eyes fell to where her hand had closed around the amulet; her thumb rubbing slow circles along the smooth stone.

Memories began to play in her mind; a young Daneth barring his teeth as he changed and jumped at the moments prey. Their mother watching from a sun drenched perch. The light playing in her long, dark hair; her face bright for a moment as she laughed at seeing him land suddenly on his unwary sister.

Olheri blinked and took in a slow breath as she pulled away from the long lost times.

Daranavo

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Katrina looked away from the Princess as she collected herself. "But not all of you turn into the black...cats..do they? I know that Lord Giddeon did but, he said something that made me believe that the dominate male of your society is born, not raised to that standing." She looked over at the Princess once more then back to Olheri. "I saw in a dream a white tiger defending mylady Daelin. I knew not what it ment then, but now...could your brother be this tiger? If he is, what will he likely do now? Where would he go? Does he also possess a charm like that as you are so fond of?" She gestured to the amulet that she rubbed between her fingers.

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
One fist tightened around the stone at hearing more questions. some of them being ones that she had asked herself many times over the last few years. "We were both given one; mine was always as you see it," Her hand opened slowly to show it to them the piece as it sat in the center of her palm. "his was a ring, but he never wore it as such; always on a chain around his neck just as... Just as any of us would." Folding her fingers closed once more, she took in a slow breath to separate one thought from the next. "The White Tiger is a born leader. As far as I know, he was, is, the only White of our generation. I know not when there was another..."

Daranavo

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Her words struck The Princess like an anvil. It was all very clear to her now. Denath, was indeed the white tiger mentioned by Katrina in her message. She was to blind to see it in him she thought to herself. Katrina turned and saw that the Princess dispaired. Again she grasped her arm and rubbed it back and forth. In a whisper she said. "It is not your fault...you could not of known." "But I did know...I knew it in my heart and I refused to listen to it. The Princess replied sternly. "Now I may have lost him." She furled her brow and looked down at her lap. "I do not know if you can find him, or anyone else of your people Olheri, but I owe both of you...everything. If you do find someone, tell them that Gorshven is a haven. Your people shall have a home here if they can make it." She looked up at her, head tilted and her golden locks slid to one side just off her shoulder. "Tell him that I am sorry and that...and that I love him still...that I shall love him...always." She sighed and shook her head. Both Katrina and Hrothar looked on and nodded in approval. Once again, the room fell silent.

Thread suggestions