🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Wanderer Lost III

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
His words hit her as a little strange. Something begged to be asked but she refused to let it be spoken. Was it that she dare not or that she could not though? Starting to feel her thoughts scatter, Daelin's fingers rubbed at her left hand; an old habit that she had picked up somewhere and that always seemed to have helped her relax or think. unconsciously she continued the slow motion, switching between hands after a little time. "When you came here, was it truly only to deliver the letter?" She wasn't quite sure why she had asked like this, but she didn't want to just ask outright if there had been no other reason for this man to travel so far. "Surly you must have left much; though I am glad to have received it... Was there no other reason?" Something had gotten the better of her words as she spoke; their sound almost calm but for an undertone that he thought he could hear. Concern? Hurt? What was it that hid just behind everything she did or did not do? Something seemed to have been bothering her yet what it was... What was it he had said? Something about going against one's own heart? Why would anyone do such a thing?

Daranavo

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
"Behind? There is nothing. My family died along ago. So long ago I can barely remember them. I know I dream of them at times, but as the years pass, their faces become more and more obscure." He smirked at her. "Ah yes, even the great Lamosa had a mother once. Your father never told me what happened to your mother Daelin. I see her painting in the King's study. You look so much like her. I guess that is why we all make new memories." His words came out in blurts and not all of them made any sense to her.

The severe grogginess hit him hard just then as his thoughts drifted to the face of his mother. The very sight of her calmed him. Within a moment his eyes grew heavy and he let himself lean back fully onto the pillows. In a barely audible mumble he said. "I should of never made that promise to him. How could I know?...Stay with me awhile..." His words trailed off as he turned on his side and closed his eyes. A naked muscled arm layed upon the blanket.

His skin was somewhat darker then her own. She looked at it intently as she thought about him. As she did, she noticed several pinkish scars on his tricep.

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
Memories of her mother brought a sweet and sour taste to her mouth. The last glimpses of her face always holding a soft and loving smile that tried to hide the pain that lingered in her blue eyes. She had always been told that she had died not long after the prince was born. Leaving a nurse to care for the baby and making it so the young princess came to leave childhood behind all too quickly in an girl's atempt to fill even a little of the emptieness. Though truly she remembered little of her, Daelin had never forgotten the simple joy that had flowed from her mother in life. A love of all that can be shown it had seemed to glow in her clear, quiet smile.

Though she had wondered over them, his words started to fade from her mind as her gaze followed the line of one of the many scars. As he had turned away from her, the back of his shoulder was also made clearer as the blanket slipped out of place. Daelin's brow knitted at catching sight of the start of another set of lines running down and out of view under the covers. "What happened to leave you so marked?" She whispered, unsure if he was able to hear her or not.

Moving as though on its own, one hand reached out carefully, two fingers lightly touching his shoulder alongside one of the thicker scars. Warmth flowed up into her hand and she would have started to worry that he had taken fever but for the strength of his easily found heartbeat. A tiny smile tugged at the very corner of her mouth at a passing thought of it feeling as though he had soaked up every bit of the sun's warmth that had ever touched him.

She felt a little guilty to be doing such a thing, but she couldn't help it. And had he not asked that she stay for a while? The thought of what he had last said came back as she looked at the side of his face. Again a whispered question slipped from her lips. No answer expected as he seemed to be sleeping soundly. "How could you know what?"

Last edited:

Daranavo

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
He drempt of himself and Daelin in the gardens. However, it was changed slightly. Waterfalls splashed down from the stream now made into a river nearby the castle from the high grass laiden bank that rose up from the opposite side of the river. Fragrant petals of white, pink and violet blew in slow motion in the air around him. The mist of the waterfall cooled his skin as he layed beside Daelin on the grass. One knee bent and one straight. She had on a light blue dress, however it was loosely tied and hung low upon her. She had petals in her hair and looked radient as he had ever seen her. She smiled and laughed as several children jumped and played at the base fo the waterfall. He sat there shirtless as he was now and looked at her. Her gaze moved over to him, the smile still painted upon her face. "How could you know what?" She said. He leaned in close to her ear and spoke softy. "That I would ever love again." He said in little more then a whisper. The words to were heard by Daelin as she sat beside him on the bed.

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
Opening slowly after a time, Daelin's eyes drifted over the still room. What had he been though? Were these visible marks really only a part of what was scared? What happened to do these things to him? ...Love?... Her mind slowed a little as her gaze came to and lingered on a vine clinging to the window frame. Moving carefully from his side, the princess stepped quietly over to pluck one of the delicate white flowers that bloomed within easy reach. Setting the fine petals to brush her against face, she let herself enjoy their honey-like fragrance as she watched the young lord. Daneth didn't wake and hardly stirred at the princess' touch. The little flower set gently into his warm, upturned palm; a small kiss set on his brow.

Even though thoughts often went to him, one day and soon another had past by without her seeing him again. Daelin, often wondering how or what Lamosa was doing, began to find it harder and harder to concentrate. Anna being little help when she found her gazing out to the gardens though she said little about what she saw in the young woman's eyes.

Last edited:

Thread suggestions