🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Wanderer Lost

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
This is NOT for beginners! You are welcome to read and if you wish, you can comment in the OOC thread, but please ask before posting here or in the Profiles thread! If you would like to ask about joining, you can send me a pm or post in the OOC thread and we will consider it and get back to you. Thank you.

And now, without much further delay, I set before you Wanderer Lost...
------------------------------------------------------------------

Blood trickled from the man's nose; the solid punch may have been enough to stop his words but it also fueled his anger. The attacker stood ready; a dagger held in a tightly clenched fist, brown eyes glowed with rage and jaws locked into a snarl. "Never speak to me like that! Am I not the leader of this sorry band?!" The voice was a low growl. Conrad grinned challengingly as he wiped the blood from his face. "And yet you're the only one here to have ever been caught! Do ya still miss the poor fool?" His deep, laughing jab had hit its mark.

Light flashed along the little blade only a moment before it slashed across the man's broad chest. Conrad hissed and swung a wide fist at the brown haired head, only to have it duck at the last moment leaving the blow to brush through flying tangles.

It was not long before the ruckus had drawn the attention of the others. They all enjoyed a good fight and they had known that this one was coming. The two were both strong willed and very tired of the other. The man, Conrad, was one of the first to have joined the band, his greed and want of power waiting for the chance to take the lead; a strong fighter and quick wit had, at first, seemed a good addition but had come to be a thorn in the side of the gang's leader. The other fighter; taking blows and striking back fiercely, was the leader herself.

Lenora had gotten herself into this and by tooth and claw she would win or die before she ever gave up to this beast. Fists were dodged or hit their mark with blinding speed; the yells and jeers of the others growing until the little clearing rang with their voices and the sounds of the fight. Spitting out blood, Lenora's voice raised in defiance. "I'll kill you for this! I can find others to take your place!"

That was all it took. The excitement brought the surrounding men to jump into the fight and pound their fists into whatever they could, though most aimed for the form at the center. Lenora tried to move swiftly, only the massed mutiny able to began crushing her to the ground. Screaming and cursing at them, she found ropes being tied roughly around her pinned body; something pressed hard to her mouth and nose, a strong oder filling her head. Trying to breath, everything started to spin sickeningly, her body felt suddenly limp as she fought to get lose and everything faded into darkness.

Firawyn

Verbatim et litteratim.
Reaction score
Belgaer walked silently through the forest of Mirkwood. He had been out and about, adventuing the way he always did, when he got word that there was trouble back home.

There wasn't really that much trouble, in his own mind. Belgaer's sister had lured him home only to convince him to go find her daughter. Lanora. The girl was half-elven, and to this day, Belgaer still had no idea who her father was. He had only met her three or four times over the years, and each time she'd been a sweet she-elf type, like her mother.

But things changed. Belgaer was told that his neice was now among bandits, raiding and robbing like a common criminal. His sister begged him to go and try to set her right. Despite his better judgement, Belgaer was on his way to somewhere, on a search for a girl who would not be happy to see him, to tell her what she did not want to hear.

On the other hand, what else did he have to do? His friend Aragorn was off on yet another mission for the wizard Gandalf, so he had no company.

"I could go back to the Old Forest." Belgaer said aloud. "Meet up with Tom again."

Belgaer winced as the trees around him creaked and swayed in disgust. Among these trees, he was probobly considered a traitor. The Old Forest would welcome him, but he had given his word to his sister to find Lenora.

"Lanora, here I come." Belgaer muttered softly to himself. What have I gotten myself into this time?

Last edited:

Daranavo

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
The road was well shaded yet the mid-day heat still caused beads of sweat to form on Argent’s brow. A small wagon rolled along the road, pulled by two large horses. Argent sat at the wagon’s front and wearily wiped the sweat from his brow and the back of his neck. He had been traveling the entire morning without a stop and he felt that now was as good a time as any to stretch his legs. He pulled back on the reigns and said, “Whoa there…whoa.” The horses came to a halt and balked their heads back in mild protest. Argent hopped down and began to check the state of the wheels and rigging.

Several men stood around their former leader that was now bound and helpless. Lust and belligerence filled their eyes, none more then the man that hated her from the start. He began to undue his belt, his thought bent on taking from her what he had always wanted. The men chuckled and eagerly awaited their turn. It was the watch that ruined the moment for them. “Lone wagon on the road.” He called to them. The 4 men looked at each other and their faces lit up with anticipation of loot and murder. Haphazardly they made their way out of the cave and up the hill. Quietly the men stalked to the trees that lined the road. The new leader rubbed his coarse chin and nodded to Gren, a short, stout man that moved with a quiet that contradicted his stature. Gren silently drew his short sword and approached behind Argent.

Argent had been tying several loops that came loose from the wagon cover when he saw a shadow behind him move. Without thought he grabbed hold of his hand axe and spun around just as Gren was about to impale him in the back. The axe blade caught the end of Gren’s sword and with a strong push Argent guided the blade into the side of the wagon. With his right hand, he quickly reached the grip of his sword. In one fluid motion he drew it up, out, then down upon Gren’s shoulder. Gren cried out in pain and fell backward, his collarbone broken and blood splurted out from the deep cut. Argent saw three other men running at him from the trees. He grunted as he threw his hand axe at the one in the front. It hit squarely in the man’s right thigh and he toppled over into the dirt. Argent took hold of the short sword still stuck in the wagon and pulled it free. He quickly flipped it to test its weight. The two remaining men halted on the road. The larger of the two, Haden held a long sword and pointed it at him. He had anger in his voice, “Your going to pay for that old man!” Argent looked at the two men on the ground bleeding to death and relented. “Please, just take your wounded and go.” “Hah! Circle round him Mort.” Haden barked. Mort took one look at the puddle of blood beneath Gren and turned tail back down the hillside. Haden yelled after him in protest, “Come back here you dog!” Haden was outraged and charged at Argent with his sword. Argent let him come in and slashed downward hard on his blade. The blow unbalanced Haden and he fell onto the road. Argent backed up a few feet and waited patiently. Haden came back to his feet and lunged at Argent again. This time Argent turned Haden’s blade to the side and with the blunt end of the short sword, he struck his fingers. Haden yelped and let loose his sword. Argent stepped forward and rested his boot on the fallen blade. As he rubbed his bruised hand Haden seethed. “You might as well just kill me now, I’ll be looking for you old man.” Argent tilted his head and did not truly believe what he had heard. He stepped forward with his blade at Haden’s chest. Haden backed up to the wagon and became suddenly afraid. Argent placed the blade on Haden’s shoulder and slid it up as he moved closer. He took the pommel of the short sword and broke Haden’s nose with a hard blow to his face. He then kicked at the side of his leg at the knee and Haden fell as his knee snapped out of place.

Argent took a moment to look at Gren. His eyes were closed and no more blood oozed from his shoulder. He stopped at the man that lay just beyond with his axe in his thigh. He also did not move and a large pool of blood settled in around him. Argent placed his boot on the mans leg and removed the axe. He bent down briefly and cleaned the steel of his weapons on the fallen mans shirt before he headed down the hill. He stopped when he saw two men run out of a nearby cave then continued down a path. He set the axe back in his belt and sheathed his sword, however he continued to hold onto the short sword as he moved toward the cave.

The cave was very large and near the entrance empty barrels, boxes and sacks were discarded. Further in several cots had been set up along the left side and he saw a bound woman in the center of the room. He slowly moved up to her and knelt down at her side. He placed his hand near her nose and felt air move between his fingers. Quickly, he cut her bonds with the sword and called to her. “Hey…Miss?…You ok?” He lightly slapped the side of her face and saw her coming around.

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
The last of the drug still clung to her mind; her body numb, only a quiet moan escaped as she tried to pull herself out of the sickening darkness, the sounds of the fight and the pain of the bruises and cuts slowly coming back. Though her eyes wouldn't yet open, she tried to move; confusion and hate running through her throbbing veins.

At a loss for clear thoughts or any real strength, she wanted to scream and fight off the smothering, spinning fog; but it was only a whisper that came and empty hands fell back limply when she tried to bring them up. The foul taste of the drug seemed to have taken all the moister from her mouth, leaving only a dry, bitter flavor to mingle with the tang of blood.

Daranavo

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
All he was able to get out of her was a moan but she would not come to. Argent grunted with displeasure and decided on what to do. Some of her clothing had been ripped and the ample exposed flesh made him slightly uncomfortable. He sighed and tossed away the short sword. He then bent over and lifted her up into his arms. He spied a bag that layed near her body. With difficulty, he hefted her and bent down and grabbed that as well. He moved out of the cave and up the hill toward his wagon. The bodies still layed in the road and when he approached the wagon he noticed the man that he had injured was no longer nearby. He propped her up into the seat and he stepped up next to her and sat down. He took hold of the reigns and slapped the horses smartly with them. The horses flew back their heads in protest and began to trot forward. The woman's head rested on his shoulder as they traveled down the road.

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
Fresh air. Warmth. Movement. Brown eyes opened only enough to catch a glimpse of trees before shutting tight against the sun light that moved across her face. Lenora shivered slightly as a light breeze touched her, but the clean air was a welcome change from the fog and stench of whatever that drug had been.

She found herself sitting up, her throbbing head rested on something, a strong but not unpleasant scent coming from whatever it was. As she forced her eyes open a little further this time, she could see two horses just ahead and strong arms holding the rains just at her side. She sat up quickly in order to find some answers but regretted it instantly as everything spun. Blurred eyes shut and she held one arm tight across her waist, trying to breath calmly and wanting to know what was going on.

Firawyn

Verbatim et litteratim.
Reaction score
Belgaer sat quietly at his campsite, waiting for sleep to take him. He was not tired, for elves to not need sleep, but he wanted to imagine he was doing something else besides searching out his sister's troublesome daughter.

At first, this assignment had been an annoyence, but it had become a heavy burden. Everywhere he went asked for Lanora, he got fierce glares and hating responces. This girl was a terror to most villages. She had made quite a name for herself.

Belgaer sighed, remembering his last encounter. Poor woman.

Belgaer approached a tall, sturdy looking woman. "Hello!" he called.

The woman looked up at him, and he saw a tired looking face staring back at him.

"What do you want of me, lord?" she inquired, standing up streight.

"I search for Lonora, the half elven." he replied. "Do you know of her?"

The woman's face grew bitter.

"That little tramp took my son away nigh two years past. She turned him against me!"

"Do you know where she's gone to?" Belgaer asked.

"They headed west, when the left me, but who knows now. If I did know, I would have gone after them and killed her. He was a good boy, and her greed infested him!"

"I'm sorry." Belgaer said. "I am trying to find her, to stop her from her evil deeds."

"May the power of the Valar go with you, lord."

"And may it keep you as well, m'lady."

Such pain, such suffering, all due to one woman. Belgaer knew he had to find her soon, before she turned anymore young men against their families.

All at once, a new surge of reasoning and purpose invited itself into Belgaer's spirit. He put out the fire, gathered his things, and moved on.

Daranavo

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Argent felt her stir but continued to hum his song softly as he chewed on a wheat stalk. She had been coming in and out of consciousness for hours now and his shoulder had began to ache due to her leaning against it. When he would gaze down at her when she stirred he would catch a glimpse of more then he was comfortable to have seen. He cleared his throat and with his left arm, he held her upright this last time. "Alright lassy, you'll be holdin yourself up now then or I'll be throwin ya in the back."

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
She could think a little clearer now, the spinning and sickness finally fading. Eyes opened to raged clothes and darted up to the man next to her. "Have you no cloak?" Her voice was no more then a quiet growl; drowsy still from the last of the drug. "And who are you? What happened?"

Daranavo

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
As he was sure she would support her own weight finally, he answered her. "Well, cloaks are for gentlemen and its been awhile since I seen one of those." He chuckled. "The names Argent, and a simple thank you will suffice miss."

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
Gathering the ripped cloth, she pulled it up to better cover herself while glancing around for anything that could she could wrap up in. "Why should I thank you for anything... Did I ever ask for your help?" Her voice was cold but only slightly stronger now.

Finding an old looking blanket just within reach, she pulled at it with her free hand and tried to get it over and around her shoulders. Well covered now, a cool gaze worked over Argent's face. Strong but not all too young, he looked to have seen better days but it was plain that there was more to him. 'Why am I here anyway?' The last she could remember was the men crushing her against the floor and then... nothing.

Lenora sat up as straight as she could for the ache and fixed her eyes on the road, thoughts wandering but attention not leaving the man.

Daranavo

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Argent did not look at her then though he wanted to flash her a look due to her ungratefulness. "Well...no, ye did nay ask me for help but hadI naught but come round when I did, ye o lost more then just your good sense. A nasty bunch that lot. I hope them there be not your mates. Some o them survived and I'll not be knowing there names." He tried not to dwell on what would of happened. He did not want to kill any those men and indeed he had tried not to.

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
Some of his words caught in her mind, eyebrows knitting for only a moment before the cool blankness came back. "Friends?!" she scoffed, "A vile band of thieves and traitors they were." Her face turned to look again at his. "What do you mean "some survived"? Surly you didn't try to beat such monsters?! Not on you own." Something came to her voice; it might have been teasing, a slight respect or maybe a hint of fear, but she let nothing show as she watched him.

Daranavo

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
He did not directly answer her questions, but he did not want her to think him a coward. The fact alone that a woman was questioning him at all made him cross. "Miss, I did...I did wha I had to do and nothing more. Tha is all ye need to know. Does the misses ave a name or know where she wishes to go? I like to know who I be traveling with."

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
She nodded and looked away from him, a quiet sigh turned into a stifled gasp as a sharp pain caught at her side; she hoped he had not seen. "Lenora. My name is Lenora." She pulled in a slow breath, pain showing only as a shadow in her eyes as she watched the road slip by; weary from everything as anger was forced back, leaving behind an empty ache.

Daranavo

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Argent hummed an old song as he continued to chew on his wheat stalk. "We're on the road to Edoras Miss Lenora if you wish to know. Is there some place you would like to go? If I may ask, how did you end up among that rabble? You do not look like a common traveler." His last statement had the sound of another question yet he kept his gaze forward and focused along the road.

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
"Edoras? Why not..." Her lip twitched slightly at a memory. Her voice was still rough from thirst but starting to sound calm though slightly shaken. "I suppose I could be called a traveler, though I've followed no path... not really." She paused. "Would you... Do you have anything to drink?"

Firawyn

Verbatim et litteratim.
Reaction score
Belgaer sighed. "Damn pirates." This was the third time this week pirates and theives had tried to kill him. There were six very rough looking men approching with daggers drawn.

"Hey Elf!" one of them sneered. "Do you have a horse around for us to steal?"

"I could just borrow one of yours." Belgaer suggested. "I had been looking for one."

This seemed to have little effect on the band. They advanced and Belgaer drew his own daggers. He would fight them one their own grounds.

"If I can," he said as the men drew closer in a circvle around him. "would you like me to spare the lives of your ment, or are you in a hurry to die."

"Don't make us look like fools, elf!"

"Very well." Belgaer said, as the battle began.

AraCelebEarwen

Part of the Shadows
Reaction score
Lenora's eyes worked over the man's face before looking back to the road. Maybe he hadn't heard her? A short cough shook her and she pulled the blanket up, covering her head so only her tired face could still be seen.

It was far past mid day; the sun almost to the horizon and the daylight starting to fade. It looked like the road would take them longer then they had left to travel before the last of the light would leave them. They would have to find somewhere to stop soon.

Thread suggestions