🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

War Poll

Should the MKs become involved in the war?

• Yes

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
T

The_Swordmaster

So will we be fighting together or alone? And how long do you think it will take for us to get involved?

Mablung

aka Mablung
Reaction score
We'll probably fighting by ourselves most of the time as we will be a smaller ranger commando like force. As for when we come in that is yet to be determined.

T

The_Swordmaster

That was not my queston Mablung. It was will the three of us be together or will each of us be by ourselves?

HobbitGirl

Aurë entuluva!
Reaction score
Hm...hm...hm...

Are we (and Angoreth) the only active Mithril Knights anymore? Sadness.

This war sounds like fun, and like a challenge. <rubs hands together> But, unfortunatly, I really don't have time to read the whole war. Is there some place that sumarizes what's been going on so far? Or is there anyone here who would know this and be kind enough to enlighten us? :)

Mablung

aka Mablung
Reaction score
I'm trying to find all that out myself and I'll let everyone know once I have that figured out anyway we'll have Anamatar do his testing thing for you if your interested.

Anamatar IV

Anabadger
Reaction score
The Mithril Knights will fight with no army and in their groups by themselves (meaning not one at a time...but all 4 of you together.)

HG, I'll be happy to test you and fill you in!

T

The_Swordmaster

Ok thank you for clearing that up for me Anamatar.

Mablung

aka Mablung
Reaction score
Alright I got this from a post Elessar made awhile ago. It doesn't fill you in as to whats happening right now, but it will give you some background.

All dates given in Fourth Age Time.
----------------------------------------------
800- Maiar Dengen Goroth Arises in the East, begins to rebuild the Fortress of his predecessor, Sauron.

905- Ciryaher III born in Dol Amroth, is direct decendent of Halbarad, of the company of Aragorn Elessar.

924- War between Gondor and Harad begins

929- War ceases, then restarts in the winter.

931- Ciryaher, commanding the Fleet of Gondor, overcomes a Umbardian force and drive the Haradrim out. War ends.

944- (Above) is crowned king of Gondor

962- Elections in Gondor, a Beorning named Mike takes crown. Ciryaher is outraged, begins the war of Betrayal (rp5)

963- War over, Ciryaher is pardoned and given Arnor.

994- Empire of Arnor Established, A rebellion led by Elessar Telcontar II

995- Arandor established/conquored and made part of Gondor

996-Mornclaur established

997- Dor Taur Sir established, Pontifex, elf king, gives Mirkwood to Elessar

998- Mornclaur stirs, war is threatened, but never really begins. Elessar gives the Elves of Mirkwood their final peace, and they go into the shadows of the wood, the vale is given back to the Beornings.

999- Mornclaur moves again, Gondor invaded. Rohan Invaded. King Eomer left Rohan, and gave that rulership to Mithrandir, grand Istari. Mithrandir leaves for hither shores, Rohan becomes Annatore province.

T

The_Swordmaster

The war with Mornclaur is that the one we will enter?

Anamatar IV

Anabadger
Reaction score
More or less. HobbitGirl, I am impressed with your role playing and writing skills so I will save us both the time of testing. BUT ALL OF YOU MUST REMEMBER THESE (I told the people who I tested this already:

You CANNOT give away your plans in these rps.

Example: You can say "We saw and orcs and a plan formed" But you can't say "We saw the orcs and a plan formed to attack them from the rear"

Well that's really the only main one. As soon as Mablung finishes up the "bio" for you guys I'll arrange for an entrance for you guys.:)

T

The_Swordmaster

I need to make a profile that will work for the wars first. And were should I post my new profile.

T

The_Swordmaster

Alright i will have to edit my profile because my current charater is during the time right after the war of the ring.

HobbitGirl

Aurë entuluva!
Reaction score
<blushes>:eek: Thank you, 'Matar. <feels proud someone likes her writing style> :D

Is my profile for Ashari ok to use? I don't think she's very time-specific. It just says she's a decendant of Samwise Gamgee and keeper of the Red Book of Westmarch.

Last edited:

Mablung

aka Mablung
Reaction score
Well it depends on how everyone wants to do the transition we can just go boom and have people that need vital changes do them then just say we're in the 4th age or we could have all the RP threads currently be the end of the Mithril Knights then everyone not an Elf make a new profile since they would all be dead and have them reform sometime in the late 4th age where everything will be now taking place. Choice 1 would be easiest but 2 could be fun either way works. I don't see much wrong with most of the profiles anyway though including yours HG but there would need to be some changes. Everyone tell me their opinion quickly too because its going to influence the way I will write the MK bio.

I've also added HG and Swordmaster to AIM add me too as Spamguy16 because we will probably need to discuss this stuff together and we can talk to Theoden in PM at the same time.

Last edited:
T

The_Swordmaster

Ok I finished my new profile and I put it in the MK profile section. Can someone check it over and see if it will work.

Anamatar IV

Anabadger
Reaction score
It's fine. I just wouldn't have you have a Mithril coat of mail. Just because there is a limited supply of Mithril in the world now.:)

Thread suggestions