🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

What are you watching?

Squint-eyed Southerner

Pawing through the trash behind the Pony
Reaction score
Last edited:

Squint-eyed Southerner

Reaction score

Erestor Arcamen

Archivist
Staff member
Reaction score
The only Ghibli I know is that Maserati sports car with a power output, for about the mid-1960s, of horrendous 300+ hp. Not what you're talking about, I'd guess … 🤔
Nope, Studio Ghibli is a Japanese Animated Film studio. Hayao Miyazaki is one of the co-founders and has made some of the most beautiful animated movies. Here's a trailer for one of my favorites, Howl's Moving Castle. The music and animation are stunning. If you get a chance to see one of his movies, you should, just don't start with Graveyard of the Fireflies like I did 😢

Squint-eyed Southerner

Reaction score
OK, so Solar injured her back during a rehearsal, and I believe it was suggested she try pole dancing as a back-strengthening exercise. She liked it so much, she decided to study it seriously. After a year, she was able to perform this with her instructor (it's considered an art form in Korea, BTW):

(I recommend turning the captions off -- they get in the way)

I'm soft-hearted anyway, but the combination of strength, grace, and beauty moves me almost to tears. It's performed to a song written by by her:

Last edited:

Squint-eyed Southerner

Reaction score
Looks good!
If we're doing trailers, here's the one for Hotel del Luna:

And here are a few of the ghosts:

I posted a couple of weepy songs from the OST on the Music Thread. 😢

Last edited:

Squint-eyed Southerner

Reaction score
Here's another one from Korea -- this time, looks like a 16th century Game of Thrones, with extra zombies:

If you have Netflix, Season 2 starts in a few days:

Olorgando

not from 'Straya
Reaction score
Oh, I'd guess in real life that would have been in the 1960s, say at a Grateful Dead or Jefferson Airplane or Blue Cheer or Country Joe and the Fish concert, so probably in San Francisco.
Thought I'd also guess they didn't need the lighters for Marlboros or Camels or Lucky Strikes … 🥴

Thread suggestions