🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

What book are you reading right now?

Olorgando

not from 'Straya
Reaction score
Close to the end now. I may have to go offline … :eek:

Nah. I'm too old and cynical for that. But the NSA may be prowling this thread since my posting the words "Edward Snowden" above. Psychopaths.

Do we have a thingy appropriate for my comment? Not with fingers (one - US - or two - UK) - so I'll go with 💩

Erestor Arcamen

Archivist
Staff member
Reaction score
Finished Dune, it was excellent. Before I start anything big I'm going through my kindle library and reading some of the older, free books I found on Amazon that are in the public domain. Currently reading The Wendigo by Algernon Blackwood, it's < 100 pages and isn't bad so far.

Olorgando

not from 'Straya
Reaction score
Starting The Martian by Anthony Weir tomorrow.
Well be careful -- "they" are watching:
lol they can watch all they want, I'll read what I want.
*GROAN*
Read stuff on wood-pulp-based "media", people, it is absolutely hacker- and spy-proof!!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I do read on paper. I think out of my last 10 books, 1 was digital. I prefer to either borrow from the library or buy at my local bookshop.
Good thing, imo. But you must remember that I am an Internet troglodyte (or Australopithecus or whatever). S-eS's above post got my alarm bells ringing ...
(so, as has become tradition - at least I've tried to establish it as a tradition for myself - it's S-eS's fault! 😁 )

Rivendell_librarian

Reaction score
I'm reading Fantasy, Myth and the Measure of Truth by William gray (sections on MacDonald, Tolkien, Lewis and Pullman)

Also for fiction: Maigret and the Calame Report

Olorgando

not from 'Straya
Reaction score
If you want paranoia, just keep in mind "they" can also track your purchases. 😧
An, nope! Just like 99% plus of my reading is wood-pulp based (the longest thing I have ever read online was the essay by Northrop Frye that you were so kind as to provide a link to in another thread), same goes for my purchases: 99% plus cash. And the monotonous drone of a question by all cashiers "do you have a payback card?" gets my at least equally hardheaded drone of an answer "no!".

Thread suggestions