🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

What character would you be?

N

Nenya

I would love to be an elf. They are so graceful and beautiful and 'merry' but I don't know which one. I think I'd like to be an unimportant elf, not Galadriel or andyone so amazing, just a lil elf who can read and write and sing all day and ...maybe...possibly...hopefully...end up with Legolas..mmmmmmm:D

Ithilethiel

Reaction score
Exactly what I am, an elven maiden of the Twilight.

But if one day you find yourself on a broad plain encircled by a grey mist and far off there (is) a great hill of shadow, and out of that shadow, which was its root, (you see) the King's Tree springing up, tower upon tower, into the sky, and its light was like the sun at noon; and it bore at once leaves and flowers and fruits uncounted, and not one was the same as any other that grew on the Tree,
then...

wiltord

Reaction score
I would love to be an elf. They are so graceful and beautiful and 'merry' but I don't know which one. I think I'd like to be an unimportant elf, not Galadriel or andyone so amazing, just a lil elf who can read this and write and sing all day and ...maybe...possibly...hopefully...end up with Legolas..mmmmmmm:D
Me too!

Last edited:

Balin Fundinul

Reaction score
I would be Gandalf. He is wise and kind, he always protects creatures in Arda. Saruman can be wiser and stronger than Gandalf, but Gandalf's heart distinguishes him from Saruman. He has never betrayed his main purpose.

Olorgando

not from 'Straya
Reaction score
Just look at my avatar (picture) and guess. I realize that I'm being presumptuous, but hey, shouldn't it count that at least I have some of Gandalf's personal characteristics that were seen as less admirable? Like sometimes short-tempered (ask Pippin!), or that pipe-weed addiction (though in my case sans pipe)?
And anyway, I am now older than Sir Ian McKellen was when "Fellowship" hit the cinemas, so there! 😛

Last edited:

Halasían

Dunedain Ranger
Reaction score
(Aragorn and his harem.... By the looks of this thread, it appears Aragorn could have a different Arwen each night!)

I would be one of the Dunedain Rangers that rode south to find Aragorn.
He could then comfort all the broken hearts that pined for Aragorn.
Ranger #12 (Durian) or Ranger #26 (Hanasian) to be exact. Of the named characters... Halbarad.

Reaction score
If you could be a character in any of Tolkien's books, who would u be & why? As for myself, I'd be either Bilbo, Frodo, or Sam.
I know this sounds strange but I would be Smaug from The Hobbit! Smaug is my favorite character!

I know this sounds strange but I would be Smaug from The Hobbit! Smaug is my favorite character!
It's kind of obvious that Smaug is my favorite character just look at my profile name and profile picture!

Thread suggestions