🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

what do you think?

What do you think about the movie issue?

• I think that it is a good that LotR is the only book made into a movie

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • I think that it is a dis on Tolkien that he only has one movie

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • LotR the only books I have read, so I don't know

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I think that I'm going to make a movie on one of Tolkiens other books

• I don't really care

• Total voters

Lillyaundra

the watcher of all things
Reaction score
a deep dark place where no one can find me!
I was wondering how every one felt about the way that only LotR is being made into films? I mean the Sil has no movie, and very little publicity for thoes who don't like tolkien and the other books are just as good as LotR, so why don't they have movies???

Please post how you feel!

Dûndorer

Reaction score
prolly cause tlotr is one of tolkiens most known books, and the hobbit. and it is 3 movies, not just one. arent you happy that someone made any work by tolkien into a movie? i think that its great that he has a real movie now.

R

ReadWryt

Because people like myself who actually have deep respect for The Silmarillion would sooner hunt down Peter Jackson and hang him by his heels, feeding him copious quanities of Ex-Lax untill his bloated form resembles something slightly more human and less like some Uruk-Oliphant creation then I would sit back and let he and his wife attempt to invent dialog for a book which is more then 4/5ths narative and has almost no dialog whatsoever.

EverEve

Back from a long hiatus
Reaction score
That's a very sweet way for you to put it, RW.:rolleyes: :p

I'm just happy that we got the trilogy on film.

Thread suggestions