🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

"What if?" - work-book-Archive

Lhunithiliel

Fëanorean
Reaction score
Morgoth, I am so glad about your post! I LOVE my "baby"... I vcan't help it! ;) :D

But G-G is right. The topic you propose is very huge! It is worth a whole RPG! ;) And the WIG-s deal with shorter events.
Can you think of something shorter in time?
I'd love to see a new story on the way!

For those Interested, I have opened a WIG at the sister MERPG - site. I'll provide a link if wanted.

Morgoth

Bauglir
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this really helps the length of time period, but a good question would be to ask What If Only ONE Istari Came To Middle Earth. But other than that, I cant think of anything that could make it much shorter. But hey, I'll work on it :D ;)

Morgoth

Bauglir
Reaction score
Doing my best at the moment G-G, but the right wording escapes me. I should be able to get it correct by the weekend.

Manveru

(former)blue angel of GoT
Reaction score
Since Morgoth is still "hesitating" I have a little suggestion, may I? Go and see for yourself... what could have happened if Morgoth had been hesitating just for a sec during his duel...

:D

Manveru

Reaction score
I did that already... go to the "What if? game" thread...

Have fun...

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
I just too a sight at it!!!Yeah,I would like to post something,but still I am too busy-I am already late with my lecture(OMG it will be something hugeeeee),I participate in the last debate of our Guild,I host a debate between GoO and GoS,and at the same time I am preparing our intra debate activity and the changes for the Gallery.I wish I were like Napoleon,to be able to do 7 differnet together.....:( ;)

Manveru

Reaction score
Well, you need to get used to that, your Highness;):p:D.

Seriously... don't worry. I'm sure there will be others... eager to participate:D. I'm awaiting especially Lhun's reaction--she likes this thread so much;). C'mon, boss... where are you?

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
I remember the time when she and Gate7ole wrothe such works,that others were ready to believe they were written by Tolkien himself!!!
I hope,someday,when Gate7ole returns,thisplace will be again like an year ago.

Manveru

Reaction score
Gee, that was fast:D.
Those "hasty" Morgoths (both, the real one and that from the forum;)). They always "finish" so quick. And I thought (yeah, that crazy thought came thru my mind;)) how to turn "gently" the tide and try to write about Fingolfin's victory... but Fingolfin's "finished" again (so is this 'episode' of What if?-game;) Be sure not to miss another show. Stay tuned. Until then... tururue:D).

Who'd like to start another "What if?", eh? Anyone?

Lhunithiliel

Fëanorean
Reaction score
Urrrrr..If I may....
I have a topic.
Would you like to "play":

“What if Manwe and Eru did not punish the Numenoreans of Ar-Pharazon for coming to Aman, but accepted them with honour and in consent with their desire for immortality?”

Moreover, I had already written the first part! :p :D

Manveru

Reaction score
Originally posted by Lhunithiliel
Urrrrr..If I may....
I have a topic.
Would you like to "play":

“What if Manwe and Eru did not punish the Numenoreans of Ar-Pharazon for coming to Aman, but accepted them with honour and in consent with their desire for immortality?”

Moreover, I had already written the first part! :p :D
Then post it, Lhun (gosh, I wanted to put "boss" in here--old habits die hard;))... I'm sure someone will follow your thought...

Lhunithiliel

Fëanorean
Reaction score
Originally posted by Manveru:
Then post it, Lhun (gosh, I wanted to put "boss" in here--old habits die hard.
Originally posted by Manveru:
Yeah, I won't call anyone else "boss"... this one is "reserved" for you, mummy.
:p :D

But I'll post it! :)

Morgoth

Bauglir
Reaction score
Lhunithiel, when you want the current round to end, I would like to suggest my finalised version of the 'Istari' question. It's quite different to how it originally started out, but I think it may work:
'What If Radagast had particpated for good in the Battle Of The Pelennor Fields?'

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
Ok this topic is better than the previous ideas.Actually it is quite intersting.
After the end of the round,I let start the topic which Morgoth suggested.After that I will keep the next topic in secret because it was offered by one of the most honoured and respected members in TTF and the topic is really(really really) interesting :) :D

*Surprise!!*:)

Lhunithiliel

Fëanorean
Reaction score
Originally posted by Morgoth
Lhunithiel, when you want the current round to end, I would like to suggest my finalised version of the 'Istari' question. It's quite different to how it originally started out, but I think it may work:
'What If Radagast had particpated for good in the Battle Of The Pelennor Fields?'
It's OK but..... I am waiting for someone to continue the present story!:rolleyes:
C'mon, writers! ;)

Thread suggestions