🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

"What if?" - work-book-Archive

Arvedui

Stargazer
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gil-Galad
After that I will keep the next topic in secret because it was offered by one of the most honoured and respected members in TTF and the topic is really(really really) interesting :) :D

*Surprise!!*:)
I can't wait!!!!

(Well, actually I can...)

Manveru

(former)blue angel of GoT
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gil-Galad
Ok this topic is better than the previous ideas.Actually it is quite intersting.
After the end of the round,I let start the topic which Morgoth suggested.After that I will keep the next topic in secret because it was offered by one of the most honoured and respected members in TTF and the topic is really(really really) interesting :) :D

*Surprise!!*:)
Originally posted by Arvedui
I can't wait!!!!

(Well, actually I can...)
Hmm... I "smell" sth very interesting... I wonder who that "one of the most honoured and respected members in TTF" might be?:rolleyes: ;) :D
Originally posted by Lhunithiliel:
t's OK but..... I am waiting for someone to continue the present story!:rolleyes:
C'mon, writers!;)
:eek: We've got "writers" on the forum?! WOW!! C'mon. Where are you?

:D

Morgoth

Bauglir
Reaction score
Well, the current topic has been up for a while, and i dont want to seem like im trying to take charge and rush things, but I would really like to know what this amazing question is. So, if the powers that be allow it, could Gil-Galad possibly tell us the question that we have been dying to here :D
P.S. This thread should also be sticky, as well as the Hall Of Essays work book.

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
Morgoth "The Hall of Essays -work book" is not sticky,only the Halls are sticky ;)

Ok,then,I am eager too to post the new What If topic:

by Arvedui
What if the armies of Gondor and Cirdan had arrived before the Witch-king had defeated Arnor and King Arvedui?

Could have had some interesting long-term consequenses...
I would like to thank Arvedui for this really interesting and difficult topic. :)
Come on Writers!!!

Arvedui

Stargazer
Reaction score
Originally posted by Manveru
Hmm... I "smell" sth very interesting... I wonder who that "one of the most honoured and respected members in TTF" might be?:rolleyes: ;) :D
It is just Gil-Galad overdoing things.
Until he posted it, I thought he had another one coming...

Lhunithiliel

Fëanorean
Reaction score
I feel as if there is a dark spell cast on the "What if" - games!
No matter how good a topic is, it just don't develop!!!

WHY ???

I really can't understand! :confused:

Anyway, since the boys did not do anything on their wonderful "battle"-story, I would like to suggest a new one. Let's see if it gets more lucky...

"WHAT IF ALDARION - ERENDIS 'S STORY WAS DEVELOPING AT THE TIME OF THE DROWNING OF NUMENOR?"

To be more precise in time - A&E when Ar-Pharazon is already completely obsessed by the idea of attacking Valinor and turns to Aladrion's Guild of Mariners with the task to build him the fleet for the assault.

Now.. I would suggest that people whio wish to participate in this game "check in" here and after we get the volunteers, we can start the game.

BTW, if the GoT - community and ARVEDUI wish, we can first give a chance to the previous topic and then return to the one I suggest.

Opinions??? :)

Lhunithiliel

Fëanorean
Reaction score
Then, please, find this "somebody" and let him/her start the game! :)

Meanwhile, I am still recruiting volunteers for my suggested topic. ;) :D

Manveru

Reaction score
Geesh, what a mess 'round here...
For the past couple of months this thread was rather turned into "suggest a topic and then leave it" thing... (it's so much fun:D) c'mon! so many topics... so little "words" that speak of them...
Now I see we have some kind of "competition";): which topic will gather more volunteers to be eager to participate in, eh? (better than to let this wonderful thread "die out"...).
So... should I choose or what? I mean... I volunteer...

Lhunithiliel

Fëanorean
Reaction score
All right, boys, let's do either the one or the other. :p
What about Arvedui?
But ... it seems he's away for some time and so I suggest you do sth. about that battles-topic, once you wish to go on with it first. I'll watch... I'm not too good with battle-scenes.
But meanwhile the story-line of my suggested topic is developing in my head so i will be soon ready to post the initial post ... But I'll play the "gentleman" and let you go first with your topic! I give you a deadline, though - one week!!! :p :D :D :D If in one week's time there's no development of Arvedui's topic, I'll start mine! Fair??? (...and even if it is not.... will you oppose a Nazgul? :p :D )

Manveru

Reaction score
Wait... wait... wait just a minute here. Sorry to disappoint you, but a week is too short a time for me. You see, I'm so "ignorant", though my Maia says it's not that important;), I must admit that in my journeys thru that world of master T. I haven't wandered so far away yet...
So how am I gonna write of sth which I hardly know anything about...
Sorry again, GG... cannot "catch up with it" in a week (don't think so... don't even have right materials to do so...).
Maybe someone else can start this...

Have fun,
"ignorant" arch.

Arvedui

Stargazer
Reaction score
So where do we start writing?

This Guild is such a mess, that I can't find my way around here...:D :p :D :D

I see that Lhun has already started her story, and if I start mine, then it will all be a mess, won't it?
I suggest that we finish off Lhun's first, then we can continue with my suggestion on Círdan & co. (And it will give me some extra time that I can spend preparing the opening, and also take care of the Great Hall of Elves...

You guys are really taking a toll on my time;)

Arvedui

Stargazer
Reaction score
Just for the record: I am not afraid of a Wraith! I am already dead, you see...

Wait a minute! That is not the Aldarion - Erendis thing she suggested, but another Númenor-related topic!

Manveru

Reaction score
Arvedui said:
Just for the record: I am not afraid of a Wraith! I am already dead, you see...

Wait a minute! That is not the Aldarion - Erendis thing she suggested, but another Númenor-related topic!
Aha... that's right. The one (of many) that was abandoned...
I guess you have a week... and then... if not started... you know the rest...;)

Arvedui

Stargazer
Reaction score
And I thought that I was clever and had managed to get a little more time... oh well......

But someone has continued it, so I guess I'll have to wait after all.:)

Thread suggestions