What's new
🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

What music are you listening to at this moment?

CirdanLinweilin

The Wandering Wastrel
Reaction score
Yeah man! I saw Rush in Seattle three times in 1976! They toured early that year for All The World's a Stage, then later in October for 2112 where they played two shows in two nights. I think part of my tinnitus of today is due to those concerts They wewre amazing!

I'm listening to a beautiful soul-filled recording of Canned Heat doing one of their signature songs...

Rush is ironically my co-worker's favorite band.

Small World, mate!

CL

Erestor Arcamen

Archivist
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah man! I saw Rush in Seattle three times in 1976! They toured early that year for All The World's a Stage, then later in October for 2112 where they played two shows in two nights. I think part of my tinnitus of today is due to those concerts They wewre amazing!

I'm listening to a beautiful soul-filled recording of Canned Heat doing one of their signature songs...

I'm jealous! They came to Pittsburgh a few years before they retired but I was on vacation at the time so couldn't see them. The closest I've gotten is to see a local tribute band called Sawyer.

Squint-eyed Southerner

Skulking near Archet
Reaction score
Oh my -- go away for a few months, and look what happens. I see I've got lots to catch up on! No time now, but just to keep my hand in, Sixties Bond girls in Korea:

And here they are in Middle Ea-I mean, New Zealand:

Squint-eyed Southerner

Skulking near Archet
Reaction score
The only part you liked was the guitar?! :eek:
OK. :p

Meanwhile, back in the sixties, time to do the Jerk. Or the Hitch hike. The Twist? The Swim? Well, whatever:

Miguel

Reaction score
The only part you liked was the guitar?! :eek:
OK. :p

Meanwhile, back in the sixties, time to do the Jerk. Or the Hitch hike. The Twist? The Swim? Well, whatever:

I mean, the rest of the music is like drinking too much kool-aid lol.

Anyway, i think this song is about Goldberry if i'm not mistaken:

Here with some rhythm added:

Squint-eyed Southerner

Skulking near Archet
Reaction score
Huh. I always remembered that as originating from this:
XYZ Comic x16.JPG
But I now see I had both words and dates mixed up. Granted, my memories of that period are a bit foggy!

CCR: best drivin' music ever.

EDIT: Though a decade later, this made a good addition:

Crumb did that cartoon because he was sick of being labeled as the "Keep on Truckin' Guy". And the proliferation of junk being produced with the original cartoon plastered everywhere. And, no doubt, failure of anyone to pay him royalties -- as witnessed by his copyright on every panel of the page I posted.

BTW, speaking of bands and concerts, I saw Blondie during the Parallel Lines tour -- great show, though one of the band members barely missed being hit in the face by a comb thrown by a possessed teenage girl.

Tickets were five bucks. Them was the days.

Squint-eyed Southerner

Skulking near Archet
Reaction score
Sorry, non-Radishes, but here I go again:
Trademark Mamamoo: alternating lush, 50's -60's style music with power pop and hiphop, complex imagery, and of course, Moonbyul declared by fans "handsomer" than any of the guys in the video. :p

Last edited:

Thread suggestions