🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

What music are you listening to at this moment?

Miguel

Reaction score

Flying around Arda on an Eagle while listening to this on your phone would be nice with some sort of seat belts.

Squint-eyed Southerner

Skulking near Archet
Reaction score
Retro Time:
Check out the dude in the vest, doin' some Kung-fu Fighting!

When this came out, I was driving for a courier service. Whenever it came on the radio, I found myself going 20 MPH over the speed limit.

Olorgando

Reaction score
I have basically never listened to radio for music. And never got into MTV and Co. So vinyl records and CDs, and the latest were probably music DVDs, I'm guessing Eric Clapton's last Crossroads Guitar Festival, held in Madison Square Garden in 2013 (I have all five concerts that were ever held on DVD). But I've stopped listening much even to that stuff (perhaps partially due to tinnitus). Best I can do is tell you what I could be listening to if I felt like it (and yes, I still have a more than decent record player, bought early 1996, but with very low "mileage" on it, as I bought my first CD player in 1988 - and that's still working!). I've left out all German-language stuff and other things, a bit arbitrarily.

Allman Brothers Band, Duane Allman, Louis Armstrong, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, The Beatles, Jeff Beck, George Benson, Black Sabbath, Mike Bloomfield, Dave Brubeck, Roy Buchanan, Buffalo Springfield, Eric Burdon, J.J. Cale, Roger Chapman, Eric Clapton, Clark-Hutchinson, Joe Cocker, Ry Cooder, Chick Corea, Larry Coryell, Cream, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Crosby, Stills, Nash (& Young), Miles Davis, Paco de Lucia, Deep Purple, Delaney & Bonnie & Friends, Al Di Meola, Bo Diddley, Dire Straits, The Doobie Brothers, The Doors, Bob Dylan, Duke Ellington, Fleetwood Mac, Foghat, Rory Gallagher, David Garret, Stan Getz, Dizzy Gillespie, Benny Goodman, Herbie Hancock, George Harrison, Coleman Hawkins, Jimi Hendrix, John Lee Hooker, Howlin' Wolf, Humble Pie, Iron Butterfly, The J. Geils Band, Mahalia Jackson, Michael Jackson, Elmore James, Jefferson Airplane, Jethro Tull, Billy Joel, Elton John, Robert Johnson, Janis Joplin, B.B. King, Carole King, The Kinks, Leo Kottke, Lenny Kravitz, Leadbelly, Led Zeppelin, Alvin Lee, John Lennon, Gordon Lightfoot, Little Feat, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Mahogany Rush, Herbie Mann, Curtis Mayfield, Paul McCartney, John McLaughlin, Wes Montgomery, The Moody Blues, The Mothers of Invention, Mountain, Muddy Waters, Gerry Mulligan, Ted Nugent, Jimmy Page, Christopher Parkening, Charlie Parker, Joe Pass, Alan Parsons, Oscar Peterson, Pink Floyd, Popa Chubby, Procol Harum, Elvis Presley, Bonnie Raitt, Ram Jam, Django Reinhardt, Return to Forever, The Rolling Stones, Carlos Santana, Andrés Segovia, Simon and Garfunkel, Steppenwolf, Cat Stevens, Stephen Stills, Taste, Ten Years After, Three Dog Night, Traffic, Robin Trower, Joe Turner, Tina Turner, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Ben Webster, West, Bruce & Laing, The Who, Edgar Winter, Johnny Winter, Steve Winwood, Bill Withers, Stevie Wonder, Lester Young, Neil Young, Frank Zappa, ZZ Top.

Plus several of the artists who participated in the five Crossroads Guitar Festivals organized by Eric Clapton.

Last edited:

Galin

Reaction score
I'm a Heilung fan too.

Right now I'm also listening to a new album by that band with James Herbert Keenan (Maynard).

It's been roughly thirteen years of waiting. It was worth it in my opinion.

Squint-eyed Southerner

Skulking near Archet
Reaction score
If you want heavy, try that Tribe Called Red clip I posted. Meanwhile, as we're in time machine mode, The Beatles!

Chubby Checker!

And the classic:

Last edited:

Galin

Reaction score
If you want heavy, try that Tribe Called Red clip I posted.
Excellent SeS! Actually I put that song in my favorites a while ago, although I listened here again. In my list it's kinda sorta near two songs by Hedningarna: Tuuli and Räven, Wolf Totem by The HU, and a Fleetwood Mac cover of Dreams by Dana Williams and Leighton Meester.

I like saying the name Leighton Meester.

🐾

Olorgando

Reaction score
If you want heavy, try that Tribe Called Red clip I posted. Meanwhile, as we're in time machine mode, ...

Chubby Checker!
He actually performed at my high school graduation prom in 1973! (Though I don't remember how long exactly). :D
Boy, that was a looooong evening and night. I think the prom broke up at 4 AM or so, and we went to some peoples' place for breakfast, and then to the beach (Jones Beach?) - all-nighter.
That rented tux was just totally dripping with sweat at the end. 😵

Galin

Reaction score
I could use a "like" too, you know! *Sniff* 😢
Forgive me. In my madness I have decided to never use the like button. I think I explained it in some long-lost post.

If folks stop like-buttoning me (not that I deserved any before) I will understand. But in any case I like very many posts that I do not like.

If you take my meaning :)

Galin

Reaction score
Thanks. I like your response :)

This one works . . . even better loud.

Thread suggestions