🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

What order should I read the Chronicles of Narnia in?

Eliot

We shall prevail.....
Reaction score
Hi, I just wanted to ask some of the people who've already read the Chronicles of Narnia what order I should read it in.

Chronological, or publishing order? :confused: :confused:

I'm planning on reading it in the future, sometime. :rolleyes:

CelebthĂ´l

Loremaster
Reaction score
Id say the right order :D

The Magicians Nephew

The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe

The Horse and his Boy

Prince Caspian

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

The Silver Chair

The Last Battle

That is the correct order :)

Talierin

Still here... sometimes
Reaction score
Yeah, read it in chronological order... publishing order is all mixed up, heheh

I will warn you though, The Magician's Nephew is prolly my least favorite out of the whole series, so if you don't like it, just skip ahead to The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe... you won't miss much

CelebthĂ´l

Loremaster
Reaction score
Hey, you will, you miss about how Narnia was created, where the witch and the lamp came from, loads of stuff...and who the professor is ;)
You really should read it :) :p

CelebthĂ´l

Loremaster
Reaction score
Did you understand the end where the Prof hinted about more than just the 4 children going?

YayGollum

Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
Columbia, South Carolina, the United States of Nor
Poor Smeagol. He obtained a boxed set for some birthday of his, but the bookses were numbered in the order they were written. We read them the wrong way the first time. oh well. I always read them the right way now. Anyways, Argh! The Magician's Nephew is a lot more fun than The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe boringness! I like the magician. And that dude and his flying horse.

FoolOfATook

I'm Still Alive...
Reaction score
I thought Bree was the name of the horse in The Horse and His Boy, not the one in The Magician's Nephew....

YayGollum

Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
Columbia, South Carolina, the United States of Nor
just defending one of the better bookses. The magician is a weaselly type. Very cool. The dude and the horse I was talking about aren't Digory and Bree. The dude is a cab driver and the horse got turned into a pegasus. I have ideas of their names, but won't say them because I'll feel stupid if I get them wrong. But then, Puddleglum was the coolest character of all time. Either him or Reepicheep. Or those owl dudes. Or Eustace when he was annoying. Or Trumpkin.

CelebthĂ´l

Loremaster
Reaction score
Wow you like a lot :)
My favourite i guess would be Peter in Prince Caspian, or Edmond in the same book :), though Cor in The Horse and His Boy was pretty cool.

Thread suggestions