🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

What race would you be if you were to live in Middle Earth???

What race would you be if you were to live in Middle Earth?

• Man

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Elf

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • Dwarf

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Hobbit

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Eagle

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Ent

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Dragon

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Ainu

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • Wraith

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Orc

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Dragon

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Balrog

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters

Mithrandir

Mithers the Grand Wizard
Reaction score
Hi:D I am new and wanted to get involved. So I wanna know what race you would like to be in ME. Elve Man Hobbit????? Anything and anyone. I love these books and read them all the time. This is a really cool place to talk w/ other LOTR "geeks". So c ya.

Z

Zulithe

I would like to try each for a little while actually ^_^

Though I could easily grow fond of the Hobbit lifestyle.

Beorn

In the shadows
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd probably be a Beorning for a little, then an eagle...then a hobbit....Welcome...Why do you have a . at the end of your name?

Mithrandir

Mithers the Grand Wizard
Reaction score
I would definetly agree w/ gil-astel on this. I would love to be a high elf, although I would also really like to be a wizard:D

gil-estel

Reaction score
Hey
Don't think a wizard would count-even tho this is your thread. S'a bit unfair to choose to be an angel. Thats why its gotta be a Noldo

Sorry not an angel-a maiar

Last edited by a moderator:

Mithrandir

Mithers the Grand Wizard
Reaction score
I didn't make this a vote cause there are soooo many things you could be, but thanks for the advice. And I say it is fair to be a Mair, because I said ANY race. No hardfillings though.

Dengen-Goroth

Dark Lord of Arda
Reaction score
Yeah. I would definitly be a Maiar. Or hobbit, that nice peaceful life. Just can't find thta in our modern world.

Aerin

Halfway out the door
Reaction score
I would want to be an Elf, who lived for most of the time with the Rohirrim. :D I think it would be interesting to know what the elves know, and understand things from a different point of view. I would want to stay with the Rohirrim for their horses. I love horses!

H

Hein

A Hobbit for the lifestyle they have. Smoking a pipe, eating all day long and having party once in a while :D

Maybe some adventures to have some excitement in my life but staying in my nice hobbit hole also sounds very nice hehe

Iluvatar

Reaction score
I'd be an Elf. The wisdom of their years and their love of beauty sway me. Plus, their wisdom also makes them pretty serious kickass dudes.

Telchar

Someone out there?
Reaction score
Hehe.. :) The wisdom of their years was one of the reasons why I would have chosen to be an Elf.. Think about all the things you wount have time to do, because your a mortal Hobbit, Man or Dwarf.. :D

Rosie Cotton

Reaction score
I'd definately be a hobbit. Elves have to think to much.... but hobbits have it made, two dinners, lots of sleep, a peaceful life. I wouldn't mind being an eagle either, how cool would it be to be able to fly! :D

Lantarion

no house
Reaction score
I would be an Elf, but if elves do not posess a craving for knowledge as strong as Men do, I would be part Mannish on that point.
The universe is so huge, and over the course of millions of years, we haven't even gotten to know our own solar system all that well. It is said that there are three types of universal civilizations:
Type1) is a civilization that harnaces all the radiated force on and from within the planet they are on.
Type2) is a civilization that uses all the possible energy from the solar system it is in.
Type3) is a civilization that uses the extreme power of an entire galaxy.
Human beings today have not even reached stage one, and that tells you something about the evolving of the humane 'inquisitiveness'. IMO elves have a more profound way of seeing existence, and perhaps they have contrived a system that they will find out the mysteries of the Universe by biding their time. That is, of course, assuming that there are other levels of existence other than Arda and 'Heaven', like Space. Are there other countries in Tolkien's universe?

Anyway, as an Elf I would have almost unlimited time to research the mysteries of Nature, and find out new things about Middle-earth. hmm, that is if Tolkien hadn't already told us just about everything that we hold 'mysterious'.. ah well.. :)

Merry

Has chubby cheeks
Reaction score
Who wold I like to be?? Hmm......

I like the men of Rohan, tall and graceful riding great beasts that were equally as elegant and strong. I am tall myself and I like the idea of having a big fast horse and wearing full military battle gear that gleams in the morning light.

The only problem with the men of Rohan is their mortality. I wouldn't mind being a Balrog and not being scared of anything. (Except if I p***ed of Gandalf that is!):D

Merlin

five steps from madness
Reaction score
I would be a Nazgul too although that is not really a race... they are men (which is also cool). BTW are the Nazgul immortal? I have always thought they were but don't remember reading anything about this in LOTR.

Thread suggestions