🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

What Race Would You Be?

What race would you be?

• Men

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Elves

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Hobbits

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Orcs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wolves

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dragons

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Valar

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Maiar

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other (please state in message)

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters

Beorn

In the shadows
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd hafta say a Beorning (hey, what the heck, why not Beorn himself? :D), an eagle....or GASP ::Mike puts on a smirk:: ERU!!!

Lantarion

no house
Reaction score
Tulkas, it depends on the way you want to write it (I personally like 'dwarves' and 'elves'), but the politically correct pluralization of English nouns is (I think :p ): [noun] + -s.

There are obvious exceptions, like [loaf= loaves], [roof= rooves], [hoof= hooves], etc. As I said, I like the -ves ending more, it just sounds more aesthetic and meaningful.
:)

Greymantle

Reaction score
That's not "politcal correctness." It's standard grammar. However, you'll notice that in all Tolkien, D&D, and other fantasy circles people will spell them Tolkien-style, i.e. Dwarves, Elves, Elven, Elvish, etc. etc.

Cian

sylvan madman
Reaction score
Dwarves is now offered in dictionaries in adittion to Dwarfs.

In any event Dwarves is surely preferable on a Tolkien site! Heavens

Mithrandir

Mithers the Grand Wizard
Reaction score
I see how it is, just go and take over my topic:mad: well fine then, I'm not mad, really. I think I'm gonna cry:( No jk, @ least now we have a pole

Grond

Morgoth's Mace
Reaction score
I would prefer to be an elf who remained in the West. Why hassle with all the troubles and tribulations of Middle Earth when I can live forever in a heaven and chill with the Vala and Maia every single day. Too cool!!

Rosie Cotton

Reaction score
It's the simple life for me... I want to be a hobbit. :D Nothing like two dinners, and a nice warm hobbit hole. Elves and Mair might be powerful, but they have way to much to worry about. Now, if I could be Tom Bombadil, or whatever type of creature he is I would do that... he has power and a happy, carefree life.

Tulkas

Reaction score
Originally posted by Mithrandir.
I see how it is, just go and take over my topic:mad: well fine then, I'm not mad, really. I think I'm gonna cry:( No jk, @ least now we have a pole
Sorry pal, but I'm glad you know how to work a poll now. Make one soon, I love those.

Anyway, I see a lot of people chose the popular elves. Oh well. I guess people just like elves. If you ask me, dwarfs are so cool. They are much tougher than elves.

B

Black Rider 7

I picked men as I would be a Ranger due to my nomadic nature.

Greymantle

Reaction score
Elf. Hands down.

Black Rider 7: I'm guessing this means you'd be a Ranger of Eriador? For some reason, whenever someone says "Ranger" I think of the Rangers of Ithilien. But they weren't nomadic. Anyway, you've only read FotR, right? I suppose they don't appear until late in TT. Ah well. I'm just babbling. Blah blah blah.

Thread suggestions