🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Where in all of Middle-Earth...

Ancalagon

Quality, not Quantity!
Reaction score
...do you feel most akin to? Of the vast history that we now have, where do you feel you are most drawn to? What race, land, citadel or forest do you think captures your character or personality?

Talierin

Still here... sometimes
Reaction score
I must say, Men are my faves. I know, rather boring, since we are all of the race of Men, but we are so fascinating. The country, Ithielin. I love forests, and it's close to the ocean.

Kementari

Lady Writer
Reaction score
The Haven of the Swans in Aman, or Dol Amroth....... I love the Sea!
I like Elves better than Men... sorry. Men are so... power driven. I guess if I was an elf I would like men better ;)

Last edited:
M

Mersed

The Forbidden Pool in Ithilien because I love waterfalls and such. I also like the house of Tom Bombadil. As far as people are concerned, I'm partial to Elves.

Dengen-Goroth

Dark Lord of Arda
Reaction score
Valinor, it's peaceful lands call to me every time I pick up Tolkien. And I would most like to be a Maiar, no real reason. They just seem to me to be the best race in all of ME!

Greymantle

Reaction score
The race I've always felt most akin to, obviously, were Men (and Hobbits). My favorite race is the Elves, but I see them as something superior: feeling "akin" to them, in my view, would be a bit pretentious.
There are so many beautiful regions in M-E.....I really have so idea. Perhaps Rivendell? Either of the Minas Tiriths? I'm really not sure.

Beorn

In the shadows
Staff member
Reaction score
I like Elves best. I love Beorn's territory, if you haven't figured already...

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
Howdy! Welcom to the Forum!

I think the Dwarves were my favorite race. They were industrious, hardy, and yet had great artistic ability. Dwarves were sturdy warriors, yet could be soft spoken if they were wont.

I am also interested in the Haradrim and Easterlings, and their ways (which are only vaguely described).

G

gandalfthewhite

I feel most akin to the elvenfolk, they have a grace and hidden power not too unlike mine. i'd love to be an elf, no matter what the cost be.
they'r so wise for their years, and immortal too, if the leave the middle earth, that is...

Tulkas

Reaction score
I feel closest to the Ents. We Americans wnat to live peacefully with other nations, but when someone attacks us we can unleash hell.

Hama

Scholar and Adventurer
Reaction score
Elves for me please...

I would love to be an elf, just like many of you. I am surprised however, that no one has listed Lothlorien as the place they feel most with, although I think I would like Rivendell as well. Also the shore of Beleriand where Ulmo talks with Tuor. I love the sea as well. By the way, I want to know if any of you are from, or have lived in the Czech Republic, India or Japan, or Minnesota. I have lived in all of these places, and would love to get in contact with any Tolkien fans from any of these places.

Kraas

Reaction score
Well, I'm not sure......

But I would have to say Fangorn Forest. I mean, it's a last vestige of the greatest forest of Middle-Earth, & it's very old. Yet it still hangs on....I dwell upon the past a lot and I don't let old stuff die sometimes, so I guess I would feel at home in Fangorn.

Aerin

Halfway out the door
Reaction score
Welcome, NTSPB! :D

I think I would most like to be either an Elf or a Man. (No bad jokes please!) Elves are so wise, and Men have strong emotions. Maybe an Elf with emotions..:D

Tyaronumen

Agent of the West
Reaction score
I would choose Tol Eressea or Tirion upon Tuna, if I was given such an exalted choice...

However, if I am to choose in Middle-Earth, I would choose to dwell in Lindon, the last remnant of Beleriand.

Eomer Dinmention

The Asian Lord
Reaction score
I would love to go to Lorien and Rivendell everytine i pick up the book i think of Rivendell or lorien
I would like to be Men and i'm not power hunger driven then Mair then Elves

Flame of Utumno

Reaction score
I'd love to witness the mingling of the two trees Laurelin and Telperion in Valinor.
This would be a sight to see. Eldamar would also be a nice place to visit.

pippin le qer

Reaction score
Rohan definitely Rohan, lots of open space, fast horses and wild cattle, .....allthrough..... I always fall from horses when try to ride.

Bucky

Reaction score
>>>My name is Natasha, I am from St.Petersburg, Russia,

Dobray Utra (ponetic spelling).
I've been to St Petersburg.
Do you know 'Basil'?
His father teaches at the University....

Now, back to the thread:

I guess I'd say I mostly relate strongest to Sam:
Not much in outward appearance, sticks foot in mouth constantly, but, man does he persevere & get the job done, never thinking of himself, just how he can serve.
Also, he's a bit 'cross' as Smeagol tells him....

And, if you had to pick a 'race', who wouldn't pick the almost perfect Elves.
My favorite there is Maedhros.
Again, he faces odds that are against him, losing a hand.
He passes on the High Kingship in the name of peace.
He tries to calm his 'hasty' brothers.
He almost pulls off beating Morgoth in the 5th battle.
Again, I like the dignity (despite the Oath of Feanor) & the perseverance.

On 'an elf with emotions', sounds like Feanor to me.

Thread suggestions