🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Who is your favorite in the Fellowship and why?

Who is your favorite out of the Fellowship?

• Gandalf

Votes: 22 17.5%
  • Frodo

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Aragorn

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • Sam

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • Pippin

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Merry

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Legolas

Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Gimli

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Boromir

Votes: 13 10.3%

• Total voters

Tulkas

Reaction score
Favorite Charechter of Fellowship

I like Gandalf simply because he's the smartest and most powerful. He also fought the balrog so the rest of the fellowship could get away.

Various threads asking this same question have been merged into one.

Gothmog

Last edited by a moderator:

Gothmog

Lord of Balrogs
Staff member
Reaction score
I voted for Sam, I think that there is more to that one than shows on the first reading. He was also the most tenacious of the Fellowship and the one that took the darkest road.

And what's so good about Gandalf?? Going around beating up on poor defenceless Balrogs who are just minding their own buisness!!!

:p

Last edited:

Dengen-Goroth

Dark Lord of Arda
Reaction score
Yeah, as would I. I am just quite angered that more wasn't said of them during the last book in LoTR.

Telchar

Someone out there?
Reaction score
There should be a chapter about them! :) And I'd like to know more what happened to them after the war of the ring.

C

Chippy

same....for i picked legolas...it seems that they r the most popular.....in most books and movies, it is normally the main charator or the evil one..but i guess there r alot of people to choose from..

Aerin

Halfway out the door
Reaction score
I had a hard time choosing between Gimli, Legolas, Merry, and Pippin. I like all four of those characters, not only what kind of fighting style they had, but their personality quirks. Merry and Pippin, through the darkest time in their lives, were still able to crack a joke and get a smile. Legolas and Gimli, they were complete opposites, yet they became the best of friends.
It's funny, my literature teacher is having the class read To Kill a Mockingbird , and a couple of girls in the class have gotten in trouble for reading ahead! My teacher is absolutely hooked on "literary themes"; setting, irony, characters, etc. If you have ever read Of Mice and Men , then you will understand my difficulty in finding irony in that book. I don't even want to bring up the subject of LOTR with her, for fear that she would get mad at me for reading the whole book at one time!

Beorn

In the shadows
Staff member
Reaction score
Aerin, me too...We haven't gotten to To Kill a Mockingbird yet, but we will. We have four projects at once in her class, we are reading more than one book at a time, and we never discuss what we like or dislike, but the settings, etc...

Greymantle

Reaction score
Good book. I've read it three times against my will. I can be forced to read things and still enjoy them.... I don't usually have to time to read anything other than fantasy voluntarily these days!

Hell, I like the whole Company. Legolas has to get my vote, though, I always love Elves the best.

Kraas

Reaction score
I vote for Sam. I mean, his importance is second only to Gandalf, and he took the hardest way possible with Frodo, and kept Frodo's spirits up throughout the journey, until they reached Orodruin. And he gets the least respect of all! They didn't even deign to mention his name in the Silmarillion. They told of Frodo, but if Frodo had his way, he would have taken the Ring for himself.

B

Berlog

Gimli

Gimli is one character that I particularly like. He is harsh, stern and most of all selflessly loyal.

S

Stormcrow

<------Newbie to these forums

I voted for Gandalf, simply because i think he's the best charachter in the Fellowship. No particular reason.

S

Stormcrow

I am severly annoyed. I was just downloading the 17.8Mb version of the LOTR theatre trailer, on a 56k modem. It got to 99%, and then it froze. I Ctrl-Alt-Deleted, and it had [Not Responding]. An hour and a half wasted.

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Thread suggestions