🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Who Would Win....?

Mighty Sam

Reaction score
i am kinda new and all, and was wondering who would win, hipitheticly, between the best armies ME has to offer: Men, orcs goblins and trolls, dwarves, elves, and hobbits<--- jk

Dûndorer

Reaction score
how many people in each army and where would they fight?

you would have to know these type of things.

Lillyaundra

the watcher of all things
Reaction score
a deep dark place where no one can find me!
Well #s don't alwese matter. It is determined by strengh. Like Trolls could have fewer # then elves because they are bigger and dummer. They will hit anything that moves. Men would need to have more then orcs because orcs are biiger and dummer and will killl everything (even themselves) they see.

But I think that Dragons would win over all. Unless you know their soft spot they are unkillable.

Dûndorer

Reaction score
thats what im saying you need to know how many. if there is the same number it would be how strong they are. so LILLYAUNDRA you say that im wrong but your on my side? you dont make much sense.

Dûndorer

Reaction score
sorry about this post, my computer messed up and i am editing this right now becase it is a repeat of what i say below

Last edited:

Dûndorer

Reaction score
THATS WHAT IM SAYING!

if there is dragons and orcs fighting who would win? the dragon becase he is stronger.

if there is ONE dragon and 999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 orcs who would win?

Khamul

Anti-Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
The more that there are, the more the Dragon can swing his tail and kill or sit on and squish (delightful) many, many orcs.....:D

Nazgul_Lord

Reaction score
I agree with Dundorer, it matters how many there are. Cause if you have as many orcs as he said all shooting at the dragon (or charging it if it were to come one the ground), you'r telling me that not one arrow or sword would find its mark among all that (even if they dont know where it is), that i find hard to believe.

Nazgul_Lord

Reaction score
But with all the hail of arrows from (as i said) the number of orcs he was talking about, your trying to tell me not one would find it, even accidentally, i just can't believe that not one would find its mark.

Heruhim

Reaction score
Although dragons are tough, they do have a soft spot and it takes only on single being to destroy them(Bard, TĂşrin). By the way, if they are so strong, how come there are none by the end of the third age? Why were they just sidekicks in the destruction of Gondolin?

Nay, I'd trust strategy best than numbers, and you can't count on strategy with orcs. Given that, even an army of dwarves might have a shot at it.

Gamil Zirak

The Ladies' Dwarve
Reaction score
There sure is a lot of talk about dragons on this thread, but a dragon wasn't listed as one of the choices. It's hard to say who would win. War is so much more than just brute strength. Strategy is the key. I would say men or elves would be your best bet. Orc, goblins, and trolls aren't very bright and wouldn't have a very good strategy. Hobbits would run from the fight. Dwarves are sturdy folk, but it would have to be a battle over gold.

Thread suggestions