🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Who would you like to be?

Who would you be?

• Gandalf

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Aragorn

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Legolas

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Gimli

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Merry

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Pippin

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Sam

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Frodo

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Eldrond

• Smeagol/Gollum

• Total voters

Legolam

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
Since for some reason, these polls never let me vote from Uni computers, I will just write my opinion here.

I always wanted to BE Legolas, but I was in love with Aragorn, so I guess I wanted to be a kind of Xena-Arwen character! But I'll vote for Legolas!

:D

Merry

Has chubby cheeks
Reaction score
My vote is always different from the last and this is no exception! :D

I would like to be Gandalf. He was sent to M-E to help stop the growing darkness and defeat the dark lord and after lots of hurts and near failures he got the chance to return victorious to the West where he could enjoy the splendour of the gods yet again. I do not think that I would want to stay on M-E even under Aragorn because history shows that eventually things would turn evil again, new dark lords would appear and all that is good would fail.

legoman

Humourous Bombadillian #2
Reaction score
I would have to pick Gandalf, magic is too much to pass up.
Then Aragorn, a King and a good one at that.
Then Legolas, to learn how to fire a bow that quickly, live for ages and see that well.
Then Gollem, I dunno why I suppose I would like to know exactly how he felt having to follow everyone and how he managed to survive so much.weird.

Merry

Has chubby cheeks
Reaction score
Where was the gag? Why did you not say something funny? That was almost serious!!!!

*drops to the floor*

legoman

Reaction score
No gag, seriously, I thought I'd try not joking, I didn't like it much. hmmm, just thought I'd have a shot you know. God serious people must be way boring. I'll tell you what I'd be gollem so Icould go and buy some medicine fo that annoying breathing thing hes got going on. (it wasn't good but it cheered me up).

tookish-girl

Pippin's stranger sister
Reaction score
So Merry doesn't want to be Merry, interesting....
I voted for Pip. This is just because out of all the people in the Fellowship I would be the one who made the mistakes and put everyone else's lives in jeopardy. I can't pretend I'd be a particularily brave warrior, but would be making the jokes most of the time. I would be the one who Elrond would say "I really think it would be better for all concerned if she doesn't go with you......"

Merry

Has chubby cheeks
Reaction score
Originally posted by tookish-girl
So Merry doesn't want to be Merry, interesting....
I voted for Merry once before, I like changing my mind on every poll!

legoman

Reaction score
hmmm, I just think he forgot, pah, memory of a gold fish.

Took, I reckon you'd make a really brave warrior, for like the 3 seconds you'd survive.

Which I should point out is 7 seconds more than me.

(Yes I can do maths.. really well actually)

Merry

Has chubby cheeks
Reaction score
Legoman can play dead really well! The bravest troop on the field is our Martin!!

legoman

Reaction score
yeah play dead, just call me Possom. I really mean it ask took about lazer quest she beat us all. Totally slaughtered actually and there were like 5 guys and her, if there was a war, I'd follow her, (or get a job as a butcher).

Lantarion

no house
Reaction score
Legolas, I suppose-- birds of a feather and all that, with archery as a common interest. :)
Gandalf would be seriously cool as well, and I sincerely think he is the single coolest and most interesting character in the book, but it's way too much responsibility. On the other hand, magic would be a fine toy, and Aman is one place I would not like to miss on my Arda- sight-seeing tour.

legoman

Reaction score
Eowyn the one who pretended to be a man to kill a huge black darth Vader type guy! That really brave and strong girl from the tolkien books, yeah Tookish could take her. yeah.

Thread suggestions