🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Why no half-dwarves?

Dengen-Goroth

Dark Lord of Arda
Reaction score
Dwarves are naturally a "seclusive" race. They tend to remain with their own kind and do not stray into other cultures often. Perhaps there were some, but not to my knowing.

Aerin

Halfway out the door
Reaction score
And who in their right mind would want to go out with a dwarf? :D

The dwarves were also busy tunneling and digging for more gold and treasure. Wasn't is Durin's greed that caused him (and his fellow dwarves) to delve too deep in Moria and waken the Balrog? It would seem that a dwarf's lust for gold was their foremost thought.

Eonwe

Upper Class Twit
Reaction score
wonder what they would look like. Maybe a short man with a go-tee.

I mean really though. Why not? Are we being against dwarves because they are ugly? At least one of them must have been handsome...

Aragloin
Faramim
Dainomir
Beombur
Denethorin

Beorn

In the shadows
Staff member
Reaction score
If dwarves looked like Our Dear Dain, then one would think there would be tons of half-dwarves....hehehehe

I think it was mainly the fact that they were more of a rough and tough species, where humans and elves were much more calm and prim....

Also like Aerin basically said, different values...

menchu

Reaction score
...Hmm... "the children of Ilúvatar" don't mix with "the children of Aüle"... What do you think? (yes, I know Eru gave 'permission' after Aüle would have created them...)

Melian

Maia Queen
Reaction score
Surely,female dwarves must have been very shy,given their natural lack of attraction.But males...Yeah,there might be something.I felt some tension in the scene between Gimli and Galadriel.Maybe she was tired of ages of family life with Celeborn and was looking for something new and exciting... If we assume that this flirt could go on further,I dare not imagine what would have come out!

Lantarion

no house
Reaction score
LOL! A dwelf! :D
But I agree with Menchu, about not being allowed to mess with Eru's grand scheme. Eru didn't mean to create Dwarves, and it was just restlessness that caused them to even be. Aulë (note spelling, Menchu :p) made them because he was impatient, and didn't want to hang around waiting for Ilúvatar's Kids any longer.

Eonwe

Upper Class Twit
Reaction score
so Yavanna created Ents, and Manwe Eagles. Perhaps the dwarves could mate with one of these?

Thorinbeard
Quickoin
Balinbeam
Gwaigloin
Thorondain

Dengen-Goroth

Dark Lord of Arda
Reaction score
Now that would be an interesting sight. I agree that Illuvatar may not have wanted his grand scheme interrupted by this more then need be. But there most likely must have been some strange breeds. And of dwarven women, I believe in a post deep in past in LoTR forum we reached the conclusion that dwarven women also had beards.

Dain Ironfoot

Likes Ramen
Reaction score
Ok, why are we dissing Dwarves? I am incredibly attractive, and my son Nain is half blood, his mother was an elven necromancer....

Lantarion

no house
Reaction score
I wonder what a dwelf would look like.. Would he be tall, with a kickass beard; or short, with pointy ears and a tendency to be unbelievably skilled with a bow? Hmm..

DGoeij

Pan Narran
Reaction score
Dig in the ground and be accurate with bows.

Pointy ears, rather short.

Dwelf => Hobbit?

I'm completely joking off course, but....... still........:confused:

menchu

Reaction score
Originally posted by Aerin
Or maybe a Dwelf would love to dig under trees...:D
Or be just like David the gnome and have their houses inside them! :D Well, they would need to be even smaller than dwarves... maybe not. Those are dwants...

Thread suggestions